1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Journeyman (TV Show)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Link, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

I've watched the first episode and am watching the second one right now, and so far it looks very promising.

It's a bit similar to Quantum Leap, though this show focus more about relationships between the hero (well, the one who's travelling through time).

Usually there's very few TV shows that catch my interest; Heroes did, but there won't be any episodes in the near future. Prison Break was good, but after the first season was over, it became dull. I was watching Grey's Anatomy but it became annoying.

And now... there's a new show. I decide to check it, and to my surprise, I watch the whole episode and immediatly begin downloading the second, third... well, there's only 13 so far.

Anyway this show is centered on relationships (it's not sci-fi with BANGS BANGS BOOMS), marriages... how one's life can would change if he were to be thrown through times without any control over this; meeting again his ex (dead) girlfriend, trying to avoid paradoxes.

Has anybody else seen it? What do you think?

[​IMG]
    PS: I know the main actor has an ugly face, still it's good.

2. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

I liked the show for the few episodes that I watched, but of those that I saw I couldn't tell exactly where the plot was headed. I could see the obvious strain on his marriage and his job, but besides that I couldn't tell if we were going to find out anything about why the hell he is being thrown through time. I will keep watching the show if they don't cancel it.

3. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

Is that the show with the actor who plays Lucius Vorenus?

4. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

It is.

I've watched the first four episodes and it's great so far. Though, 'tachyons' can't make you travel time; if people can't transform themselves into photons and travel at light speed, neither can they transform into tachyons. It's too much overused in scifi series to make people go through time.

5. ChaosSora

ChaosSora Second Year

I've been watching the show since the beginning, so I was a little bit upset to learn that NBC had decided to not renew the show due to the fact it hasn't been doing good in the ratings. But I have also heard that SciFi has a interest in picking the show up, so there still might be hope for the show continuing.

6. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

Hated it. The plot was lame, characters were bad, and I found myself wishing for the end the more I watched it. It took a cool idea and just killed it.