1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fidelius Charm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackstar, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

My question is, Dumbledore, Did he or did he not cast the Fidelius charm the potters were under, and if he did wouldnt he have known who the secret keeper was or would that knowledge have been removed from him afterwards or was he just being a manipulative bastard and getting sirius out of the way?

i dont if this has been covered before as im new here

2. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Lilly could have been the one that cast the Fidilus Charm as we learned early in the first book that she was especially gifted at charms. If it was indeed her that cast the charm then there would only have been three people that knew the secret keeper, Lilly, James, and Peter.

3. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i dont understand how you make a secret keeper...

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Something is fishy there.

Dumbledore knew Potters are in game for the BWL. Why would he let them stumble on their own, trying to hide?

Another thing - wouldn't James & Lily ask their friend & leader Dumbledore for help with warding and hiding away? Why wouldn't they trust him? I mean, it's not like someone could steal knowledge about the secret keeper from Albus fucking Dumbledore?

And don't forget that after all this fishy business, things suddenly turn suspiciously in Dumbledore's favour - He gets his BWL and all 4 people that would automatically gain guardianship over him end up indisposed in one way or the other, leaving path clear for Dumbledore... Very, very suspicious business.

This is all just another question that's pushing the whole thing towards Manipulative! & maybe even Evil! Dumbledore.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I just call it bad writing by a lady who didn't think the books would go on this long.

But yeah, at this point it's rather stupid for anyone to think of Dumbles as pure good, the man is a manipulator the way she wrote him, intentionally or accidentally.

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

The Bigger question to me is WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LONGBOTTOMS!!!

Its obvious Bellatrix tortured them along with her husband, brother in-law, and Barty Crouch Jr. My question is, HOW DID THEY FIND THEM!?

THis has NEVER been explained. The Longbottom's should have had good security too. Why were they able to find the Longbottom's 24 hours after the fall of the Dark Lord? Were the Longbottom's, two Highly respected Aurors according to JKR, so foolish as to think that after news of Voldemort, they could IMMEDIATELY drop all security?! :?

How could the LEstranges find them SO FAST when Voldemort couldn't find them before? I'm not saying he didn't want Harry more, I'm saying that he could have sent people to look for them or something. And according to Canon, we are told that Lestrange "broke into their (the Longbottom's) home" and proceeded to use the Cruciatus curse on them.

THis is one of the biggest mysteries in the entire series to me.

What caused the Longbottom security to fail after the fall of VOldemort?

7. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

Heres one more question... Mark Evans, Why did she introduce him into the story with such a noticeable last name and then leave it at that, we already know Lily Evans was muggleborn so who is this Mark fellow, oh and you cant honestly tell me Harry has no family at all where the fuck is everybody else belonging to the potter line!!

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Longbottoms definitely weren't under Fidelius, since there weren't mention of the second traitor. This kinda gives credibility to the theory that Lily cast the Patronius charm for the Potters, not Dumbledore (although WHY wasn't he in it still remains the question).

As for the timing, Voldemort probably knew the locations of both families weeks in advance. He intentionally planned to take out both ptential BWL's on Halloween (remember, he always does stuff at that date).

His plan was probably to kill the Potters first, and then apperate to Longbottoms and kill them too.

Once he got himself killed, Lestrage and co probably ruffled through his documents and found out about his plan for that night. They went to the next target on the list in hopes that they would find Voldemort there or that he visited the Longbottoms first.

Well, that's the best theory I can come up with...

9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I think she said in an interview it was a fluke. She just pulled out the surname out of her arse, not realizing it's connection to Lilly.

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

she can't even remember her own caracters names....thats sad.

11. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

To tell you the truth, I often have the same problem.

12. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

If that is true i am really not too happy with JKR lately, i mean honestly how is harry supposed to beat the a wizard as strong as voldemort with the spells that are currently in Hogwarts curriculum? not to mention the fact that he now has to find some errant Horcruxes and destroy them with no knowledge of how to do so?... but oh well, people will buy her last book regardless and make her even richer then she currently is

By the way, anyone hear any news relevant to her next book?

13. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

This is what I hate about JK Rowling. She never discusses her progress.

I mean would it hurt for her to put up a lil % bar on her site indicating how much progress she's achieved.

But nooooo, I gotta sit here and think "When the f**k is that woman gonna publish the next bloody book"

</rant>

14. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Well it's gonna come down to the filthy Mudblood solving most of the problems then when Harry has the Horcrux he hit with a 'Reducto' and low-and-behold he miraculously destroy's it because he is that fucking lucky. We all know that no skill will be involved with the defeat of Riddle it'll be like "Nooooo you called Ginny a whore, now you die 'Reducto'".(again, as it's his most powerful spell) Miraculously he blows Riddle to bits because he has so much love for the gutter slut that he over powers his spell.

...well something like that.

15. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

Probably.. because we all know hes just too much of a good guy to use Sectumsempra.. i will find it highly hilarious if he or ginny happens to be a horcrux, because a horcrux must be destroyed obviously, and look at the ring after dumbles got through with it... now imagine ginny being a horcrux...:) i hope JKR does it!

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

He should go collect some Basilisk fangs from the chamber. They worked on the diary...

I read a Post-HBP story recently that had Dumbledore get rid of the ring by driving a manticore claw through it. The reason his hand was stuff was because the manticore poisoned him. Heh.

17. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

What was the link for that Sya?

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

19. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Cheers...well i had a squize of it and i seriously dont like H/Hr but i can live with it, but i so didn't like this the only thing that was good was that the mudblood was made out to be an arogant know-it-all but otherwise...

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Heh, yeah.

It seems to be getting better with each chapter. Only chapter I didnt really like was the second one with her parents. That kinda irked me.