PDA

View Full Version : Smallville

Narf
05-06-2005, 03:25 AM
So, how many people here watch Smallville? I love the show, it's the best on WB in my opinion. I also like the recent events that have been happening, though the last episode was kinda sad.

Marguerida
05-06-2005, 06:22 AM
I watch it. The third season just ended here in Germany. (last Saturday) and so we are waiting for the synchro.

I hate Lana. As a person for herself, ok, let her live, she is a nice friend for Clark, but not for love!!! The perfect girl for him is Chloe and that Cloe uses the alias Louis Lane for her articles for the Daily Prophet after she was fired by Luthor let me hope. I know that her cousin has a part in the 4th season (thanks god for internet so I could watch some of the newer episodes) but my hope will allways lay on Chloe

Zevrillion
05-06-2005, 11:27 AM
I watch Smallville just a little bit. Never liked it really. If you want to watch good scifi/drama/teen shows you should watch Roswell. Best tvseries I have seen. John Doe is also a very good show.

Goddessofboredom
05-13-2005, 07:13 PM
love it almost my whole family are obessed wiv it (and anything to do wiv superheros. its really only my sister, nephew and brother)
i think we're in the 3rd season here. asdly i am not able to watch all the time cause of skool :(
i just loved the last espoide were lana and clark had a swordfight.
(i watch repeats)

Midknight
05-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Everytime i watch that show I just can't help but feel that Tom needs to go get some work done on his face, that jawline and facial muscles just look... ug weird

example http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Tom-Welling_i991012_.htm

Avitus
05-14-2005, 12:36 AM
my uncle gave me the first 2 seasons on dvd and is trying to make me watch them... i got as far as the episode with the insect-kid and then i gave up.... it just doesnt hold my interest

Anonymous
05-14-2005, 06:29 PM
:shock: how can it NOT hold ur interest!!!
its the greatest..i just love it

Antivash
05-15-2005, 01:00 AM
think its a nifty spin on the superman world.. i watched the first season and part of the second season but i stopped watching it for some reason... i catch an episode every now and then... i saw like 4 episodes when clark was all evil-ish, asshole-ish, and badass-ish i liked that i suppose..

Xantam
01-24-2006, 10:33 PM
If you've ever seen the classic movies it is obvious he will end up with Lois, but they might stray seeing how they made Jor-El evil in the show. In the movie he was a helpful role model.

Narf
01-25-2006, 12:20 AM
They didn't exactly make him evil...he just had different principles than Clark did. Anyways, right now, the show is annoying me. Clark is afraid to screw Lana (sorry for the crudeness) because he doesn't want to hurt her, and the WB keeps making you think that someone is going to die in this episode. Meh, I still watch it, but it's starting to get repetetive.

Giovanni
01-27-2006, 04:28 PM
, it's the best on WB in my opinion.

Thats not sayin very much given their lineup *shudders*.

Honestly, I liked the first 2 or 3 seasons, but the writers have run out of idea's, and the quality of the show has started going downhill fast.

Narf
01-27-2006, 08:49 PM
, it's the best on WB in my opinion.

Thats not sayin very much given their lineup *shudders*.

Honestly, I liked the first 2 or 3 seasons, but the writers have run out of idea's, and the quality of the show has started going downhill fast.

Hmm, I forget, what was their lineup a year ago? All I know is Gilmore Girls, and me almost throwing something at the TV when my sister was watching it.

And I agree, this whole CLana thing is being taken way overboard. Maybe the last episode will make Clark realize that he can't stay a fucking scared ass kid anymore.

Xantam
01-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Alright well Clark's dad died in the last episode(which also happened in the first movie) because Clark wanted to go back in time and save Lana after she died in a car crash. Then she ends up liking Lex in the new future. Yeah that would suck a lot.

Narf
02-03-2006, 02:44 AM
The last episode had the "Angel of Vengeance" in it. Pretty good, I do wish Luthor had died though.

You know, for once I would like to see a fic in which the protaganist kills the bad guys. Like, no mercy, not caring about all the moral shit. Just slit their throat and be done with it.

Xiph0
02-03-2006, 02:55 AM
I watched it once and it didn't really hook me. To me its the equivilent of making The Godfather, GoodFellas, or Clockwork Orange into a series... just bleh.

SlytherinDamian
02-15-2006, 11:45 AM
I like the show. I'm rather happy Lionel didn't die... he's my second favourite character (after Chloe). The way he's already making his moves on Martha... heh... and calling Clark son. *almost faints* God I love that man...

I must admit though, I don't like the recent episodes as much as season 2 and 3. I wish we'd get another Kal episode. :(

And Midknight... what are you on? Tom Welling is one of the hottest male actors on TV there days. Sure, he has off days like anyone, but he sure doesn't need surgery. That picture you linked doesn't work so I can't comment on that specific pic. This is like the Emma Watson discussion all over again... must you people hate everyone that's popular with most of the opposite sex? :P

It seems like some of you who don't like the show caught one or two freak of the week episodes early on and never tried it again. That's what I had done way back, but since forcing myself to wait it out a little, catching up with reruns on ABC Family, it grows on you. There are some really good episodes if you get past some lame baddies. Or at least, I think so...

Narf
02-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Wow, I'm speechless. Something you and I actually agree on, Damian! :shock:

SlytherinDamian
02-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Which part? lol It was bound to happen someday, no one can disagree on everything. :wink:

Narf
02-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Every part actually, the latest episodes are good, I guess, but the earlier ones were better. And I do like Lionel, especially how he's manipulating Martha right now. Though I wish this whole Clark/Lana relationship will finish soon, this whole skirting around the subject is getting really old.

Giovanni
02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
I agree.

Good writing creates then resolves tension... With Clark and Lana, they have overdone it.

Seriously, from the episodes I've watched, if UST between those two was money, they would make Bill Gates look one of the kids on those "Feed the Children" commercials.

Assassinator_of_Dumbledor
03-30-2006, 09:45 PM
I love the show. I agree the last few shows have been sad.

Xanatos
11-14-2008, 09:04 AM
I've just recently started watching the boxsets and have to say it is awesome, I'm about half way through season 4 and really enjoying it.

Clark and Lex have been really well cast and there are some major babes too!

I know its on like season 7 now, so has anyone got that far? Any good?

Taure
11-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I loved Smallville seasons 1-4. Season 5 was a fair bit worse but still okay. After that it just got insane. Far too comic-book like, and away from the original premise of the show, which was a realistic, non-camp young Superman. I haven't watched it in ages now.

nonjon
11-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Merged the new thread with the old one. It wasn't actually 2.5 year necro. Just a dupe.

And yeah, I still enjoy parts of Smallville. But more often than not, it makes me want to smack someone. Lois Lane's character is too damn likable that it's grating to see her whoring herself around to all these odd side characters, when common sense has instilled the idea of Lois and Clark as one of the quintessential couples of all time.

Somewhere around season 4 or 5, the Lex and Lana plotlines hit a wall for me. They're aren't enough adjectives to describe how awful they are. I can no longer watch them on the show. Even when they're talking to the characters I do find interesting (Lois, Clark, Chloe, Jimmy, Oliver, etc...), I just can't stomach the sight of Lana's face or Lex's "falling to the dark side" evil knowing stares.

The DVDs get fast-forwarded. The DVR gets paused until I can fast forward. Seriously, they've hackneyed Lex and Lana into such good guy/bad guy grey areas that no one on either side cares. So awful.

And Lex as a character has so much promise too. Lana was probably doomed from the start but the odd friendship between Clark and Lex was fascinating... for a while.

Still, the action stuff, some of the plotlines, and most of the Justice League bits are all good television.

I'd say the show peaked with the early Lois Lane episodes and completely jumped the shark with Lex and Lana getting married, the faux pregnancy, the faked death, and Clark still ditching the so much hotter Lois for the weird alien-looking jailbait Lana.

Smallville started as young Clark growing up. But after 8 seasons now, he's pretty much grown up so the brooding, must keep secrets drama and angst just makes you want to smack him, and yell at him to grow the fuck up and become Superman.

Sigh. I fucking hate Lana and Lex.

Blaise
11-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Smallville started as young Clark growing up. But after 8 seasons now, he's pretty much grown up so the brooding, must keep secrets drama and angst just makes you want to smack him, and yell at him to grow the fuck up and become Superman.

Sigh. I fucking hate Lana and Lex. And therein lies the rub; they're trying so hard to come up with new material for each episode, instead of just ending it.

I loved the show early on, but I always had gripes the few times Metropolis featured as a backdrop to the story. I always understood Metropolis being an east coast city, not within communter distance from Smallville.

As soon as that happened, the decline in quality was pretty much garaunteed: the early introduction of Lois (she's hot, but she has no business knowing Clark as early as she does), Jimmy, the Justice League members...failures. They're even introducing Doomsday as some experimental supersoldier-gone-wrong, instead of the psycho alien experiment he is.

Smallville would've been perfect as a 4 season arc solely covering high school; now it's just a clusterfuck.

Darkmakr
11-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I think that's certainly the case, the show has been stuck basically since Jon Kent died. Clark hasn't been able to move on, and is *just* starting to three seasons later. There hasn't been any real character development, just the introduction and more screen time for Olsen, Oliver and Lois. Though this Doomsday plot maybe the catalyst for Clark donning the tights, or something of that sort( rebuilding the fortress, doing the learning that Jor-El wanted him to do a couple of seasons ago).

As for Metropolis being an east coast city, I was always under the impression that Metropolis was still in Kansas. Which doesn't make any sense with the mountains in the background and the large harbour.

DarthBill
11-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Sigh. I fucking hate Lana and Lex.

Funny thing, neither Lana nor Lex are even in the show anymore. The only remaining members of the original cast are Chloe and Clark.

And speaking of jumping the shark, the current plot seems to be leading to Doomsday.

QuaziJoe
11-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I actually like the new season... except for a few glaring clusterfucks.

I find the lack of lana and lex refreshing. And chloe really got to come into her own this season. She is one of the only awesome things to have come out of that show.

That and I think getting rid of martha kent was a good idea. Shes no where near as old and doddering as originally presented so its not like clark would need to be around to get her pills or something. Also once jonathan went, she lost a lot of motivation.

I don't have as much of a problem with rewriting backstories or changing things from the original canon, thats why I can appreciate how they introduced doomsday.

His character is fairly solid as Davis; and he adds a plausible character conflict with chloe.

But one of the best parts of this season... Clarks finally wearing grown up clothes. I was getting tired of seeing him wear that red coat blue shirt jeans combo.

I get the symbolism but I mean did the clothing department go on strike or something. Or do they actually have a entire closetfull of redjackets blue shirts and jeans dedicated for the guy.

If they can give the girls runway designer fashion styles they should then I think they can get him a new shirt.

But really the only reason to watch smallville is to kill time till supernatural.

Anlun
11-17-2008, 12:39 AM
But really the only reason to watch smallville is to kill time till supernatural.

QFT. That has become the only reason I watch it. This season hasn't been bad but it's too late for me, and I just can't stand the soap operaness of the show anymore. If they need to get someone to forget about seeing Clark do something Supermany it's always a hit to the head/it was all a dream speech. I mean come on how fucking stupid must you be to always fall for that. It is incredibly hard to knock someone out and have them forget everything, and also its not just a matter of letting them wake up, something strong enough to knock you out and cause amnesia seems hospital worthy. Yet it never is.

Second why the fuck does no one question how Clark gets around? He lives in Smallville which is a good distance from Metropolis where he works, yet he travels there every two seconds.

What bothers me the most though is the fact that these people are supposed to represent early 20 year olds, yet they all live on there own with Chloe getting married, and living successful careers. Give me a break. At the very least show Clark's mom calling occasionally. I mean I know she's a representative in Congress but Christ your son is fighting villains every other day, a simple call wouldn't hurt. Jimmy is just a pussy on the show, and just takes all the shit Chloe says without question which annoys me to no end.

Finally I like how they went about Doomsday but I hate how they introduce him. Instead of slowly building up to it, they just introduce him and bam he's part of the gang now, with Chloe trusting him, and everyone being friends.

Oh and I forgot about the crystal of the week. Where the fuck do all these Kryptonian crystals keep coming from? Every episode I see some knew crystal with a new power.

The show had an amazing concept but they went the wrong way with it. If only the Supernatural team guided Smallville...

QuaziJoe
11-17-2008, 03:00 AM
YES... Fucking yes.

The crystals have been pissing me off for so long.

I mean together they somehow form the giant uber crystal that makes the fortress that jorell made specificly for his son.

Yet they were hidden on earth in different cultures behind kryptonite shields thousands of years before clark was born.

I mean what the fuck?

Maybee if they were all in the cave then yeah sure whateve. But it seems like the planet was the House of els play thing. They left their shit around all over the place for their kids and neices to play scavenger hunt with. Then they leave deadley readioactive materials around to kill them when they retrieve them.

And don't even get me on the lionel switching sides faster than you can flip a coin scenario. Also what the hell was veritas... He was convenietly always a member and turned good just in time to protect clark.

The writers need to stop thinking up gimicks and think long term here.

I mean they didn't even bother to resolve the whole my father wants me to rule the world message left in his crib-ship from the first few seasons.

Skykes
02-06-2009, 05:03 PM
So....LEX IS DEAD!!?!??!

The whole Lana and the suit getting fully charged with kryptonite and effectively ending her and Clark's relationship was very predictably(since the bomb scene)

General episode quality/material has been up lately in my opinion.

Anlun
02-06-2009, 08:44 PM
This show has sucked ass for awhile now. Lol the suit thing was bullshit, and this has basically become a mockery of all things Superman. It's become another CW chick show, with all the dudes shirtless, and the plots all revolving around some stupid cheesy love story. Since when does a hospital leave the guy shirtless when he's injured? And everything is Kryptonite this and Kryptonite that.

If Lana's suit is made from Kryptonian DNA how does Kryptonite not hurt her? An seriously the "red-blue blur"?! That is the worst alias ever. And he still can't fucking fly!

athousandyears
02-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I bought seasons 1-4 a few years ago and watched all the episodes in one weekend. My eyes felt bruised after that... but HOOKED. Been following since. I just wish the Clark/Lana connection would end so the Clark/Lois relationship can start. The stirrings are there, but Clark is still obsessed with Lana. Whywhywhywhy... The only thing I dislike about Lois on Smallville is that she looks really, really old. She looked like 40 years old when she was supposed to be in "high school" back when she first came on the show.

nonjon
02-12-2009, 01:58 AM
The only thing I dislike about Lois on Smallville is that she looks really, really old. She looked like 40 years old when she was supposed to be in "high school" back when she first came on the show.I'll admit she occasionally has the odd Botox face and her breasts were especially lovely and abundant but... err, that is the new "40" isn't it? Still, she's a great Lois. A real spitfire type rather than the pathetically meek Kate Bosworth version in the recent Superman Returns movie. God that movie pisses me off.

But yeah. This show should've been planned and mapped out for something like five seasons rather than dragging on into way too much of the Superman mythos while we still have a whiny, angsty Clark who can't fly (and needs his fortress training and world tour).

Skykes
02-14-2009, 11:40 AM
But yeah. This show should've been planned and mapped out for something like five seasons rather than dragging on into way too much of the Superman mythos while we still have a whiny, angsty Clark who can't fly (and needs his fortress training and world tour).

Nods.

Yay another break before the next episode >.>

Heres the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLuHVf58VoM) for the next episode.

1 of 2 things can happen here, either they are deviating from canon or hes going to use the ring to mindwipe.

Anlun
02-15-2009, 02:32 AM
Mindwipe for sure. Either that or it was all a dream and he'll wake up from it realizing nothing really happened.

Kai Shek
02-15-2009, 12:19 PM
I would love if it became public knowledge, but like they've done dozens of times before with his secret; someone will know one minutes, and by the time the episodes over, the plot hasn't moved an inch.

I don't see how Louis looks old however... They casted her a little old, but I actually think she looks younger than her age.

Blaise
03-12-2009, 09:35 PM
What utter faggotry. Why would they have him out himself?

Also, LOL @ the plot so far:

Linda Lake claimed that Clark was the first wave of an alien invasion. And he is using the damn ring.

meatzman2
03-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I watched a few episode of Smallville a while back, it didn't really go anywhere interesting and so I decided it wasn't worth buying the box sets. However reading this thread makes it seem as though Clark is what he was in those episodes, a useless cunt.

I remember I saw on the telly a while back an episode where Clark was ripping shit up in Metropolis stealing money and buying cars, that seemed like hot shit. Then they faggoted it up by revealing he was under the control of some red kryptonite bullshit.

I'm curious though is there like a ring of power in the new Smallville? Are there JL members and shit getting involved now?

Cyclops
03-12-2009, 11:49 PM
I enjoyed tonight's episode more than I've enjoyed any episode in years. It seems that the best episodes are the ones with Lois (Erica Durance) in them.

I was pissed that Clark stood Lois up at the end. What a douche.

Kai Shek
03-13-2009, 12:04 AM
I would love if it became public knowledge, but like they've done dozens of times before with his secret; someone will know one minute, and by the time the episode is over, the plot hasn't moved an inch.

My prediction came true.

I'm annoyed really.

Krogan
03-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Once again a reminder of why I stopped watching this show, aside from the mindwipe/time travel/dream sequence plot device you could see like a super nova at midnight at 10000 feet, the overall retard level of Clark skyrocketed to epic proportions. Linda's credibility had been shot to pieces, he was a national hero, all he had to do was take ten minutes to say "Hey this is Linda Lake, this bitch is a psycho who has already killed multiple people, don't believe a word that comes out of this skanks mouth" and problem averted. The only two redeeming points in the episode where Davis icing Linda with a pillow and Clark finally ditching Lois.

Im know Im probably in the minority on thinking this but it just seems to me that somewhere around Lois's 5th episode in the show Smallville ended and it became The Amazing Adventures of Lois Lane and the Superpowered Dumbass who wants to hump her.

Cyclops
03-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Once again a reminder of why I stopped watching this show, aside from the mindwipe/time travel/dream sequence plot device you could see like a super nova at midnight at 10000 feet, the overall retard level of Clark skyrocketed to epic proportions. Linda's credibility had been shot to pieces, he was a national hero, all he had to do was take ten minutes to say "Hey this is Linda Lake, this bitch is a psycho who has already killed multiple people, don't believe a word that comes out of this skanks mouth" and problem averted. The only two redeeming points in the episode where Davis icing Linda with a pillow and Clark finally ditching Lois.

Im know Im probably in the minority on thinking this but it just seems to me that somewhere around Lois's 5th episode in the show Smallville ended and it became The Amazing Adventures of Lois Lane and the Superpowered Dumbass who wants to hump her.

Bullshit. If you've been watching the past 8 seasons you should have noticed that it has always been about Lana :rolleyes:

I'm glad Lois is adding something different to the show.

Krogan
03-13-2009, 10:56 AM
You are right in part but its the thing that Ive noticed which is the other half of why I stopped watching, any time a girl who isn't one of what I call "The Smallville Three" Lois, Lana or Chloe shows a romantic interest in Clark within 2-3 episodes shes either dead, crazy or crazy and trying to kill everyone around her and then dead. I actually liked Alicia Baker but they made her hit all three stages in about four I think. The kryptonian chick dead within a handful of episodes. Maxima didn't even get to the end of the episode before she turned out to be batshit nuts and theres probably a few others Im forgetting.

Dethklok
03-13-2009, 12:02 PM
This is what they've reduced Superman to. What. A. Tragedy.

I remember watching Smallville back when I was still a high schooler. The first couple seasons were fine, even fun in parts. But then things got weird and stupid.

I lament for what they've done to Superman. One of the most powerful entities on the DC Universe made into a soft puppy led around by his alien dingus by Kirsten Kreuk.

KHHHHHAAAAANNNNN!

e1
03-13-2009, 01:44 PM
You are right in part but its the thing that Ive noticed which is the other half of why I stopped watching, any time a girl who isn't one of what I call "The Smallville Three" Lois, Lana or Chloe shows a romantic interest in Clark within 2-3 episodes shes either dead, crazy or crazy and trying to kill everyone around her and then dead. I actually liked Alicia Baker but they made her hit all three stages in about four I think. The kryptonian chick dead within a handful of episodes. Maxima didn't even get to the end of the episode before she turned out to be batshit nuts and theres probably a few others Im forgetting.

I lol'd.

That said, Smallville and I go way back. I remember watching the first season on DVD 4 years ago at my cousin's place and I distinctly recall begging him to lend me his boxed set. The first season was awesome -- young Clark Kent, still in the process of discovering his superpowers, free from the burden of being a superhero => lots of new & exciting possibilities.

But it started going downhill after season-4. The whole Clark love triangle thingy got ridiculously sappy and the writers seemed hell-bent on keeping Clark and Lana apart. The plot was barely progressing and the standard Clark-getting-lectured-by-his-surrogate-parents annoyed me to no end. And then Lois Lane came along -- Smallville's saving grace and the only reason I sat through season-5. It was around this time I really started hating Lana -- I remember skipping entire episodes to avoid the mushy ravings of that oriental bitch.

I never got around to starting season-6, opting to watch Prison Break instead. Other than the occasional advert, I was totally out of touch with the world of Smallville till last Christmas. School was out for the month and the third season of Dexter had just finished => I was bored out of my mind. So I turned to Smallville, choosing to skip two entire seasons to watch the latest episodes being aired.

Took me a couple of episodes to catch up and surprisingly, I enjoyed it a lot more than I had expected initially. No Lana. Little to no mention of Lex. More screentime for Erica Durance. But then again, not much has changed. Clark is still his old whiny alien self, brooding over his inability to save everyone, and having to rely on his friends to console his guilty conscience every now and then. The special-effects haven't improved either. You'd think they'd atleast try to make it look better with a bigger budget. Pfft. Lana made a reappearance a few episodes back -- made me want to strangle something. But it looks like she'll be gone for good now. Never thought I'd say this, but thank fucking god for kryptonite.

Rhapsody Belle
03-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Somewhere in the middle of season 6, I started mentally replacing every instance of "my/your/Clark's secret" I heard with "my/your/Clark's penis". Childish, I know, but it greatly improved my enjoyment of the show.

This last episode... You know, I don't even remember Linda Lake, but she kinda looks like Tori Spelling, of whom I've never been a great fan. Not even in my 90210 days. Irritating little bitch, glad she got iced.

Let's face it, Clark's had some overblown, overexaggerated kneejerk reactions to a lot of the things happening in and around his aw-shucks home of Smallville. Telling the world about his penis... I mean, his secret... is just the latest in a long, sad line of dumbass, impulsive decisions. Using the deus ex to fix his little oopsie... well. It's about as contrived as a lot of Marvel/DC storylines tend to be, so why the hell not?

But for fuck's sake... did he really want to get away from Lois that badly that he couldn't even wait around to hear what she was going to tell him? I imagine the writers were all congratulating each other about us the viewers gasping and telling ourselves that we never saw that coming in a million years... But we did, so we just roll our eyes and wonder if there's a good show to replace Smallville in our own personal weekly lineups for next week.

Kang
03-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Hey guys, I have watched up to Season 8 episode 14 inclusive, but because I'm in the UK I have to resort to websites. Know any decent ones that show Episode 15?

Also On-Topic: Lex is obviously not dead.

e1
03-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Season 8 Episode 15 (http://www.surfthechannel.com/episode/194/902895.html)

The megavideo links worked best for me. :)

Skykes
03-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Streaming is handy, and mega video seldom has buffering issues, it does however often have serious synchronization problems.

If you want to watch anything in good quality, or maybe you want to burn it to a DVD try ProjectW (http://www.projectw.org). Only downside is most of the stuff is hosted on raipidshare/megaupload.

Edit: Request by Nukular D:

Lana
http://www.majorspoilers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/sup/KristinKreuk.jpg

Lois
<REMOVED> -LR

Hot cousin Kara
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/806/806891/smallville-20070720000659462.jpg

And of course stripper Lois
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/3429/loislaneerica1ve0.jpg

Nukular Winter
03-19-2009, 02:35 PM
This thread is useless without pictures of hot Smallville chicks.

/You know I'm right

Kang
03-19-2009, 08:38 PM
-Motherfucking Epic snip-

I love you Skykes. Also thanks for the links.

stickybynature
03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
I have watched this show for a while now, enjoyed the early seasons, though Pete is kind of like Ron, which is never a good trait in my mind.

There are so many ways in which show could have been better, mostly by making Clark less of a pussy and getting him over his obsession with Lana. Though I would prefer if she was retconned out entirely.

The show is going in a nice direction with Doomsday this season, though it is maybe too little too late for this show. It would have been much better if super villains had been like this from the start, with super powered villains being more complex/powerful. Rather than one hit wonders who then went away, to never been seen again, except maybe once to fill an episode.

Also im not sure I can stress this enough, NO MORE LANA. I was sick of her after season 1. Her reappearance in season 8 was purely to ruin the awesome Clark/Lois ship which is by far the best bit of the show. And im not entirely sure where the chinese comes from considering how her parents look in the pilot, mommy Lang was stepping out it seems.

Clark/Chloe friendship is a close second when it comes to better parts of the show, before Chloe got her crappy powers, they used to be pretty cool investigating and sneaking around, Chloe being the brains with Clark doing the heavy lifting.

One of the worse parts of the show is Kryptonite, this is so over used it is ridiculous, there are many ways they could limit Clark's power, him tiring and needing to rest and recharge in the sun? Or having more villains with super powers that affect him. But no whenever he finds someone doing something they shouldn't be doing, WHAM, oh btw didn't you know that there is all this meteor rock just lying on the floor, its a coincidence, promise.

Skykes
05-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Well I just watched the season finale, it was good. A few WTF moments but other than that it was excellent.

Lois and Tess fight was hawt!

Anlun
05-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Well I just watched the season finale, it was good. A few WTF moments but other than that it was excellent.

Lois and Tess fight was hawt!

Coincidentally I too just saw, but I thought it was one of the most retarded season finales, I've ever witnessed. Maybe it's because Supernatural followed it, and that was awesome, but this just episode just blew.

There just wasn't anything worthwhile in this episode. And wtf is Zod doing in that stupid purple sphere?

Bucks
07-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Heh, finally finished watching all seasons of it a few days back. I liked it for the most part

Say what you want about Welling and Kreuk, but they really came into their roles as the series progressed. The whole Lana/Clark relationship was fun to watch till it got so damn repetitive. Personally, I liked the way the relationship ended when Lana ran away. I thought it was more tragic than the way they were forced leave each other with the whole kryptonite thing.

You know, the whole "time changes people" thing.

Allison Mack turned out to be great, even if a little overshadowed by Kreuk then later by Durance. Honestly, unlike Kreuk and Welling, she was great from the get go.

Lois Lane, was awesome from the moment she was introduced. The writers of Smallville did a better job than the writers from the movie to capture her character...way better. Awesome character that you can't help but like instantly and Durance played that role very well.

Yeah, I'm with the majority here, Smallville should have ended after Lex was a vessel for Zod. Not even the cool scene for the monster child that rips people's guts out could save it. Found myself using Wikipedia to see if I wanted to avoid some episodes where nothing happens.

It's meh, but all in all, I still say it is worth watching, if only because I'm holding out hope of Bruce Wayne and Wonder Woman being introduced. ;)

Maybe Season 9 can put some magic back into this series.

Bratling
07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I will probably be shot for saying this but.... Smallville has absolutely nothing to do with Superman aside from the character names. The premise of the series was flawed in the first place because it's set in Smallville! I mean, coming from a small town, I can tell you that nothing exciting ever happens, which is why an action series placed in one just doesn't work well. I gave up on Smallville years ago when they turned Clark into a juvenile delinquent.

Hashasheen
01-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Bump. I'm only in Season 2, but its good stuff so far. I'm told post-Season 4 its not that good, but that sexy women will make up for it (so Blaise says). My quibbles:

Lana/Clark: Fuck you television writers. Fuck you. No one in the world is this fucking dumb and persistent. No one. "We're meant to be together". I just heard that from the latest episode I watched. It's pissing me off a lot. Add to that me liking Chloe's character a lot more than Lana's so far and the fact I think Clark/Chloe comes off a better relationship, I just have to say FU.

Jonathon/Lex: Jonathon, for the love of god, stop being such a dick. Seriously, be a little bit nicer to the guy, and maybe he won't eventually become an evil dude. Right now I'm rooting for Lex to beat the living shit out of the self-righteous older Kent, plus Clark. Lex clearly has his issues in investigating the Kents, but still...

Marth Kent: Read ahead she's having a miscarriage, which I think is a mistake. Introducing a baby had a decent bit of potential.

Pete Ross: Badly mishandled. He could have a lot of more to do with Clark and the meteor freaks.

Lionel: Epic mofo. Done well.

Chloe: Nothing to complain about so far.

The general story and plotline so far is great, but there's enough quibbles to lessen it from great to merely good. Still watching though.

Celestin
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Lana/Clark: Fuck you television writers. Fuck you. No one in the world is this fucking dumb and persistent. No one. "We're meant to be together". I just heard that from the latest episode I watched. It's pissing me off a lot. Add to that me liking Chloe's character a lot more than Lana's so far and the fact I think Clark/Chloe comes off a better relationship, I just have to say FU.

Prepare yourself, because Clark/Lana in many shapes and forms will be there for a really long time and it will be more and more annoying.

Lionel and Chloe are two of three best things in this show (third one being Michael Rosenbaum as Lex) and both were created specifically for it. Shame we will probably never see this interpretation of Luthor Senior in comics (Chloe appeared recently).

Hashasheen
01-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Prepare yourself, because Clark/Lana in many shapes and forms will be there for a really long time and it will be more and more annoying. Well, this can't be good for my heart.

Lionel and Chloe are two of three best things in this show (third one being Michael Rosenbaum as Lex) and both were created specifically for it. Shame we will probably never see this interpretation of Luthor Senior in comics (Chloe appeared recently).Word. Lex, Lionel and Chloe are carrying this interpretation of the Superman origin story for me. Clark is all right, but a complete retard at times. Boy Scout Wonder indeed.

Also, I need to know: any good fanfiction out there? I'm willing to snitch on terrorists. :cool:

Edit: watching season 2 finale. So far, Clark Kent reminds me of Edward at times. And I mean that in the worst way possible.

Edit2: Clark, you fucking retard. You motherfucking retard. You just aborted your baby brother. Way to go. Couldn't you have done it in some goddamn random field?

Sin Saiori
01-11-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't mean to turn you off from this show, Hash, but the writing quality takes a nose dive in season nine. The newest season's writing took a sprint out of the International Space Station without a space suit.

Scrib
01-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Hashasheen, if you hate Clana you're watching the wrong show, I just decided to watch Smallville again and getting through Seasons 2 and 3 were the hardest things I've hard to do in regards to television in a while. At the end of every episode they have at least three minutes of bullshit talk about their feelings.

I skipped 4 and 5 and after a bit of struggling I'm now enjoying S10, which despite being a rip-off of the Marvel Civil War is awesome.

Hashasheen
01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't mean to turn you off from this show, Hash, but the writing quality takes a nose dive in season nine. The newest season's writing took a sprint out of the International Space Station without a space suit.
... Damn. Thank God I'm watching Chuck as well, otherwise my heart just might give out on me. At Season 4 there.

Hashasheen, if you hate Clana you're watching the wrong show, I just decided to watch Smallville again and getting through Seasons 2 and 3 were the hardest things I've hard to do in regards to television in a while. At the end of every episode they have at least three minutes of bullshit talk about their feelings. Its more along the lines that it doesn't come off as written well. Like I said before, Clark comes off like Edward at times with how he's constantly saving her and how he's never felt this way about anyone else before. Dude, you're as old as I am at this point, overwhelming love ain't the thing of the day, you know? And his persistence is a tad unrealistic, when you think of it. Just saying, if I was in Clark's shoes, I'd get the fucking picture after the umpteenth time things got awkward and neither person made a move. And then you know, gone after the cute spunky blonde who digged me.

But then again, this was the formative seasons of Smallville, so weak writing, acting and characterisation is to be expected. Not sure what possible excuse is available for latter seasons though.

I skipped 4 and 5 and after a bit of struggling I'm now enjoying S10, which despite being a rip-off of the Marvel Civil War is awesome.I'm determined to watch all of this. I have this problem with being unable to criticize something unless I've done my research on it. It's a crippling issue of mine. :facepalm

Scrib
01-11-2011, 07:22 PM
The character of Lana got unbearable after a while which is why I will forever love Lex for rearranging her priorities :).

And worse than the entire Clark/Lana thing, I think is the treatment of Lex. Everywhere you turn everyone is totally acting like a dick to him. Jonathan the most. After all he ever does for the Kents nothing good ever comes out of it. I think the writers were laying it on a bit thick, but it worked, after all that crap I would want to kill Clark too.

I just hope CW don't drag Supernatural out this long.

Hashasheen
01-11-2011, 08:26 PM
The character of Lana got unbearable after a while which is why I will forever love Lex for rearranging her priorities :). I'm eagerly awaiting that.

And worse than the entire Clark/Lana thing, I think is the treatment of Lex. Everywhere you turn everyone is totally acting like a dick to him. Jonathan the most. After all he ever does for the Kents nothing good ever comes out of it. I think the writers were laying it on a bit thick, but it worked, after all that crap I would want to kill Clark too. Indeed. One thing I hope for in a fan fiction of Smallville is some level-headed attitudes from the people Lex deals with. Jonathon should have calmed down, that principal from Metropolis explains what happens instead of just flipping out, etc...

I just hope CW don't drag Supernatural out this long.Knowing them, they probably will. Though if they picked up Stargate Universe & Caprica, it'd make up for it. They need more shows.

Cyclops
01-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah, Lex was treated harshly by pretty much everyone. Sure, not as harsh as Lionel treats him, but harsh nonetheless.

The current season is pretty good. John Glover is still as badass as ever.

Hashasheen
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Blaise is completely right. All the women in this show are incredibly hot. Seriously, Fake Kara, Alicia, Lois, the list just goes on and on... :facepalm

QuaziJoe
01-12-2011, 05:20 PM
To illustrate how much I hated Smallville let me tell you about the last 10 seasons in vague summary.

Awesome Characters with depth and soul get reduced to accusing, angry, self righteous little shit heads.
Everyone and there Dog Railed on Lex, and then acted so wounded when he did something questionable, like they had given him every chance in the world.
Clark grows a Vagina in his Mouth.
Clark gets PMS.
The story stops being about Superman and more about Clark Networking with buzz worthy comic names.
Jorel is a Douche, or Jorel is his only friend, or Jorel is a Douche again.
Rehashed idiotic arguments get brought up over and over and over.
Clark Accomplishes nothing and does not grow as a person or individual in anyway.
Any progress that is made is squashed or forgotten about within two episodes.
He actually gets stupider.:facepalm

Now that You know how much I hated a good 60% of the episodes that have appeared between the first season and the 10th I believe you should understand one thing.

Season 10 is totally worth that much suffering.

I think they purposely made us suffer for what appears to be 10 years for no other reason than making Season 10 Awesome.

Edit:

Consider Keeping a tally or starting a drinking game Everytime Clark does one of the following things:
Says the word secret
Falls down because of Kryptonite as if someone has his nuts in a vice
Makes a signifigant step forward as an adult but then gets retconned.
Accuses someone of something

You will need a new liver before the 4th episode.

Militis
01-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Someone in this here thread posted something Google says is bad for me.

http://i.imgur.com/9V621l.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/9V621.png)

Kang
01-12-2011, 05:28 PM

http://i.imgur.com/9V621l.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/9V621.png)
I have no idea why but the more important question is... why do you have a gazillion tabs opened?

Zenzao
01-12-2011, 05:30 PM

~snip~

That would be the first Lois posted image on the third page, going by the link listed in there and in your image. Nice going google :facepalm

QuaziJoe
01-12-2011, 05:33 PM
I thought Google had recognized my user name as Offensive.
Its like DLP Uk all over again.

Hashasheen
01-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Watching Season 4, Lois Lane is awesome. Its like she's a bro. :awesome

Edit: Watching the love-potion episode. Cheerleader Chloe is making me cry on the inside. Its just such a waste of the actress's skills...

Militis
01-12-2011, 08:11 PM
I have no idea why but the more important question is... why do you have a gazillion tabs opened?

Because I open all the New Posts (http://forums.darklordpotter.net/search.php?do=getnew) when I visit DLP?

Hashasheen
01-12-2011, 08:49 PM
The two-part with Alicia had me tearing up. I think I've discovered my favorite guest actress, a favorite ship and a favorite two-parter all in one. Seriously good work in these two episodes from every acting in it.

The Santi
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Also, I need to know: any good fanfiction out there? I'm willing to snitch on terrorists. :cool:

In the interest of national security, I guess I can help you out a little.

First off, there are a very few decent Smallville stories, and if you like Clark/Chloe as I do, you'll be very disappointed by whats out there on ff.net. I've gone searching for stories a few times, and every time I've been pissed off at the the lack of anything decent. The problem for me at least is that most of the fanfiction seems to be set well after the series jumped the shark (I tend to put that around the end of Season 4).

Nonjon's story (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3294180/1/The_Incredibly_Dense_Mind_of_Lois_Lane)is probably one of the most entertaining Smallville stories, but, again, it takes place well after Clark has grown up.

The only other really interesting Smallville story I can remember off the top of my head was a redo fic that had Clark telling Lex the truth about himself after the car crash. It was insanely slow moving, but a decent read. For the life of me tho, I can't seem to find the story. I've have gone looking for it a few times, but I can never seem to find it.

Edit: Found it (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4856975/1/What_If).

The last story I'll recommend isn't really a Smallville story, but it does feature a young!Clark Kent. It's an insanely long three story epic called the Last Son. It's a crossover with X-men evolution, and if you like that fandom, you should check it out. Link (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1147386/The_Writer_with_No_Name)

Hashasheen
01-13-2011, 06:56 PM
In the interest of national security, I guess I can help you out a little. In that case, would you like information on Hezballoh or Al Qaeda? :awesome

SnipInteresting.

Edit: Lana needs to die in a fucking fire. Half the fucking season seems to be built around her. I want Alicia Baker back. :(

The Santi
01-13-2011, 08:54 PM
In that case, would you like information on Hezballoh or Al Qaeda? :awesome

Hezbollah, they're definitely the it group at the moment.

Hashasheen
01-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Hezbollah, they're definitely the it group at the moment.
Hezballoh's in a prime position to establish itself as the top dog in Lebanon for years to come if they play their cards right. As reliant as they are on their Christian allies to maintain their position legally, between their vast resources, experienced paramilitary, numerous sympathizers within Lebanese Army ranks and the fact the government literally can't run without them and their coalition, we may very well see the UN Investigation get squashed or disavowed in order to maintain the peace and put Hariri back in power. And that'll be the case from now until a minimum of 6 months from now.

/political analysis of the situation at hand

Now, as to terrorists: Hezballoh runs a major drug operation outside of Baalbek that funds a lot of its military needs and funnels drugs into Israel. Now you go into Baalbek to speak with a man called Mr. Abdul, who's the leader's front dealer in the area. He's the man to watch.

/complete bullshit

Hashasheen
01-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Man, the Doomsday storyline was so shit. That was just wasted right there. So between Braniac, Doomsday and General Zod, I see three wasted villains for Clark Kent. Let's see if Major Zod does any better.

Man, the Doomsday storyline was so shit. That was just wasted right there. So between Braniac, Doomsday and General Zod, I see three wasted villains for Clark Kent. Let's see if Major Zod does any better.
Major Zod was all right. Not fully used in my opinion, but still decent. Also, am I the only one thinking a spin-off with Green Arrow could be pulled off? Seriously, it could be really decent.

QuaziJoe
01-16-2011, 02:23 AM
Green arrow could work as its own but I don't know if the show could shrug off the taint of smallville unless smallvilles final season so overwhelms us with awesome, that we forget about its original crap.

The Zod storyline should have been what Lex's relationship with Clark should have been.

The later Zod, not the LexZod. That was the entire premise of the show. What if Clark and Lex were friends. They got that off the first season, but then they lost their way.

I keep thinking they're going to do a mindwipe or time wipe of everything and have Clark be the only one who remembers anything. Just to account for all the change.

@hashasheen; Where you at now? What season have you got to yet or episode.

Hashasheen
01-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Green arrow could work as its own but I don't know if the show could shrug off the taint of smallville unless smallvilles final season so overwhelms us with awesome, that we forget about its original crap. Hopefully. Green Arrow is just a lot more charismatic and into his role than Tom Welling as Superman at times.

The Zod storyline should have been what Lex's relationship with Clark should have been.

The later Zod, not the LexZod. That was the entire premise of the show. What if Clark and Lex were friends. They got that off the first season, but then they lost their way. Indeed. It pissed me off, because you could actually believe it.

I keep thinking they're going to do a mindwipe or time wipe of everything and have Clark be the only one who remembers anything. Just to account for all the change. If they time-wipe Lana and bring back Alicia, I'll be happy.

@hashasheen; Where you at now? What season have you got to yet or episode. Just finished up to the latest episode. Darkseid isn't impressing me. So much wasted potential in this series.

QuaziJoe
01-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Darkseid no, I'm hoping for more when he actually reveals himself.

But you gotta admit, Clark had a big turnaround this season. He is more inline with what he should have been 5 seasons ago.

Getting rid of old Lex and Lana did seem to have a major boost in character development.

Hashasheen
01-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Darkseid no, I'm hoping for more when he actually reveals himself. Indeed. Though this VRA smacks of Marvel. :facepalm

But you gotta admit, Clark had a big turnaround this season. He is more inline with what he should have been 5 seasons ago. Very true.

Getting rid of old Lex and Lana did seem to have a major boost in character development.
Lana more so than Lex. I swear, how that actress got so much time on the show and so many storylines devoted to her boggles the mind.

RustyRed
01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Oh god, I used to watch this show religiously... right up until season five or six. I think I suffered my way through season 5, but that was kind of the limit of what I could tolerate. Honestly, I hate to say it, but I think season three was really the last season that I truly enjoyed. I liked the addition of Lois in season four, but it seemed like everything else kind of suffered. Especially after Jonathan died, for some reason.

But yeah, my favorite character was Lex, before he started getting all crazy Lana obsessed (and don't even get me started on her). It kind of seems like now there's no one left from the original cast except for Clark and Chloe, which sucks. :/

QuaziJoe
01-17-2011, 12:52 AM
It kind of seems like now there's no one left from the original cast except for Clark and Chloe, which is awesome. :awesome

Fixed that for you.

Chloe was one of the only consistently good things in this series. She had her ups and downs but she has stayed mostly true to form. Plus I think she actually got hotter with age.

I pretty much had a two year gap where I couldn't take anymore. About the time bizarro clark showed up.

I only got suckered in after watching the final episode promos which always looks better than the entire preceding season.

Hashasheen
01-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Chloe was one of the only consistently good things in this series. She had her ups and downs but she has stayed mostly true to form. Plus I think she actually got hotter with age. I don't know, she really didn't change much besides hair-styles over the years. But indeed, her actress played the role to perfection.

RustyRed
01-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Fixed that for you.

Chloe was one of the only consistently good things in this series. She had her ups and downs but she has stayed mostly true to form. Plus I think she actually got hotter with age.

I pretty much had a two year gap where I couldn't take anymore. About the time bizarro clark showed up.

I only got suckered in after watching the final episode promos which always looks better than the entire preceding season.

But what about Lex? And Lionel? And Pete? Well, Pete kind of sucked, but that's just because the writers apparently have never had a normal friendship, and didn't know what to do with him. And then Clark's parents both departed the series... The only person who I was pleased to see go was Lana, and she hung around for way too long. But the Lex/ Lionel element of the show was a huuuge part of why I watched.

Hashasheen
01-17-2011, 01:31 AM
Pete kind of sucked, but that's just because the writers apparently have never had a normal friendship, and didn't know what to do with him.
You mean not every friendship which has a major secret revealed ends up with one of the friends street-racing? :awesome

QuaziJoe
01-17-2011, 01:38 AM
Lionel was bad ass but then they had that weird Martha Lionel thing going on which threw his Mojo off completely.

Don't even get me started on Veritas.

Lex was kinda cool the first season but then he became too needy.

Plus he took Clarks sloppy seconds(Lana) and decided to jump to the evil category almost overnight.

He was only cool after he went evil or when he was proving himself good.

All the ambiguous stuff was too dramatic.

Pete was wasted.

Hashasheen
04-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Newest episode is kinda annoying. I won't give any spoilers because some people might not have watched it yet, but goddamn I'm sick of the filler shit. I wish they'd just get on with the real storyline and bring in Darkseid already. How many episodes do they have left?

Starwind
04-17-2011, 12:48 PM
I find this show awesome-maybe a little dragged out-but awesome nonetheless.

I always felt Chloe was a tiny bit on the marysue side at times, but that's probably just me.

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks
04-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Chloe is a very low key mary-sue.

Smallville has been a trainwreck pretty much since season 4 introduced the magic crystals arc. There have been enjoyable moments, but the writers turned the thing into a lifetime soap opera. They've also butchered the Superman story almost beyond recognition.

Ultimately, Smallville was a show I really wanted to be good, so much so that I believed it for a pretty long while. However, the end of season 7 was the one that clinched it. Smallville is an awful show that has ventures into the realms of incoherency with small moments of enjoyability. It's over-reliant on kryptonite (read: Magical MacGuffin) as a plot device, its characters are incredibly whiny, its story-arcs are puerile rehashes of DC comics canon or they're completely incomprehensible (or a ghastly mixture of both), and they've managed to entirely miss the point of what Superman is actually about. I watched a few recent episodes, and wanted punch the writers. Hard. In the kidneys.

I mean, "Dark Thursday"? Come on.

Hashasheen
04-23-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm done. I've had enough of Smallville writers horning in every single DC character they could find into what is supposed to be the story of Clark Kent becoming Superman.

Cyclops
04-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Oh, yes. With only 3 episodes left in the series, now is the perfect time to quit watching,

Hashasheen
04-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Oh, yes. With only 3 episodes left in the series, now is the perfect time to quit watching,

Please. They'll probably end up giving Smallville another season to torture us with filler and Clark getting progressively dumber. That or we're getting two or three spin-offs for the JL, Gold & Beetle and all the other inserted DC heroes. :facepalm

Cyclops
04-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Clark won't fly in the finale.... but Batman will! :p

QuaziJoe
04-24-2011, 03:01 AM
That kind of bugged me/impressed me with this series. They brought in all these no name brand super heroes from the dc universe, but they left out two of the big three.

The closest we came to even knowing about them was the one line Chloe gave
A billionaire with high-tech toys
A wondrous woman who's gonna throw you for a loop

Even then, how the hell does she know anything about Bruce Wayne or the amazon hidden island that should barely even exist as myth at this stage in the smallville universe.

They either should have devoted a storyline to them or ignored them in favor of not part of the series scope.

I'm watching it now for closure. But I will admit, its a better series by far than 70 % of its prior episodes.

If its going down, atleast its going down strong, in retrospect.

I wouldn't put it past the CW execs to extend it one more season or make a new series and call it metropolis. Or try and do a repeat and do bruce wayne and call the story Gotham. Joker is actually his unfortunately unfunny room mate at some prep school... as he tries to deal with his recent parental loss and greedy corporate espionage, as people try to steal his familial heritage from under his nose... Actually that sounds kinda cool.

Dibs! I get credit for the idea.

Scrib
04-24-2011, 09:19 PM
That kind of bugged me/impressed me with this series. They brought in all these no name brand super heroes from the dc universe, but they left out two of the big three.

I'm pretty sure Oliver Queen was inserted because they couldn't get Batman. I'm not quite sure whether the person explaining it ever went in-depth but I got the impression it was one of 2 things:

1-Common sense- Smallville started off as a light-hearted high-school prequel, there was no reason for Batman to exist back then, any method they used (aging Batman) would seem forced. And-at the time anyway- it was a show about Clark Kent, trying to fit Bruce Wayne in there and do him justice when the Clark/Lex dynamic and the Clark/Lana relationship were sucking screen-time like a black whole just wasn't possible. Plus it would be pure shite.

2- They simply didn't have the rights, which I feel is the most likely, since it explains both the past and present lack of the Bat and Wonder Woman.

I haven't watched an episode of this season since Hawkman died died, simply because I don't really give a fuck any more. They should have set a deadline on the series a long time ago, hopefully it would force them to cut the shit -apparently this worked with LOST- but it's time for the show to end. CW need to stop pushing the defibrillator. Hopefully someone can stop them from doing the same to Supernatural.

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks
04-26-2011, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't put it past the CW execs to extend it one more season or make a new series and call it metropolis. Or try and do a repeat and do bruce wayne and call the story Gotham. Joker is actually his unfortunately unfunny room mate at some prep school... as he tries to deal with his recent parental loss and greedy corporate espionage, as people try to steal his familial heritage from under his nose... Actually that sounds kinda cool.

Wat.

You do realize that if this show happens, CW will eviscerate it and hang its bloody carcass up by its intestines right? So clearly Bruce Wayne will have Robin McBlank as his trusty sidekick- a girl with limitless ability to spout exposition, and Blacky Blackenstern (played by Morgan Freeman) who will be his uncomic relief. Alfred will be played by Tim Curry, and turn out to be a space alien from France who helped found Veritas. His parents turn out not to be dead, but secretly conspiring to take over the world from the shadows.

This is the demon you spawned.

Kang
04-26-2011, 12:52 PM

Wat.

You do realize that if this show happens, CW will eviscerate it and hang its bloody carcass up by its intestines right? So clearly Bruce Wayne will have Robin McBlank as his trusty sidekick- a girl with limitless ability to spout exposition, and Blacky Blackenstern (played by Morgan Freeman) who will be his uncomic relief. Alfred will be played by Tim Curry, and turn out to be a space alien from France who helped found Veritas. His parents turn out not to be dead, but secretly conspiring to take over the world from the shadows.
I beg of you... please stop.

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks
04-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Well, since you're begging me.

Parting shot: In this theoretical show, the Joker is actually Bruce Wayne from a far flung future where everything has gone wrong, out to turn himself into the hero he needs to be to save the world.

QuaziJoe
04-27-2011, 04:18 AM
I can give you bad ideas regarding batman if I tried.

A taste. Batman and joker are room mates in a sitcom, Harley is the loveable nextdoor neighboor that the joker secretly pines for. Meanwhile Batman has to learn to loosen up otherwise he will loose his parents fortune as a result of a comedic set of happenstances.

Will these two learn to deal with their unlikely relationship, will Harley give Joker the time of day?

The Show
Joke Knight

Scrib
04-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Stop. Now. Please.

Iztiak
04-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Maybe they'll get Tom Welling to be Bruce Wayne, when Smallville ends. They won't even have to find a new actor! :D

This idea keeps getting better!

Fiat
04-29-2011, 04:45 AM
Please fucking stop. Someone with the CW is going to google this accidentally, find this thread and make one of these shows. Worse, they'll combine it all and make one fucking insane amalgamation, as they're the fucking CW.

This will inevitably result in Christopher Nolan, dressed in a Batman costume, breaking into your houses and killing you for ruining Batman.

So stop. If not for our sakes, for your own.

QuaziJoe
04-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Clearly batman needs to be a misunderstood emo tween as well. Misunderstood and alone as he is an orphan. Segregated from his peers, taunted and ridiculed by the popular boys.

The penguin could be the jock as that is clearly logical.

Im sure that when Lana Lang left smallville she actually made her home in Gotham where she used her profound kung fu skills to train Bruce in the ways of being a master of martial arts and investigation.

I'm also sure Pete Ross also may have spent some time making Bruces family cars more bad ass, as street racing has made him the fucking boss of all things vehicular.

In fact what if

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/839/839971/PeteRoss_1196970183-000.jpg
=
http://www.isimplyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/Morgan%20Freeman.jpg

would explain the tumbler

Fiat
04-29-2011, 06:16 AM
Goddamn it, QuaziJoe you chucklefuck, you've damned us all.

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks
04-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Clearly batman needs to be a misunderstood emo tween as well...

Isn't it fun?

However, I've been convinced that CW doesn't need our help, and perhaps I'm marketing them to *mumble-mumble*...

CBH
05-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Is anyone else watching the series finale tonight? While I've enjoyed Season 10, the last episode was pretty bad. With Darkseid, Lex, Lionel, and a wedding in just two hours, the extra angst coming from the end of the episode is just annoying.

Taure
05-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Did he fly?

CBH
05-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Not yet, but its been built up over the season that he'll wear the Superman suit and fly before the end. The writers have also hinted at the Superman theme music being played in the last five minutes.

Krogan
05-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Alright so question, I gave up on this show shortly after Lois started being seriously involved in it, I was considering coming back to watch it and just muting it every time she got on screen but reading this thread second thoughts doesn't do it justice, is it worth the effort or not?

CBH
05-13-2011, 10:32 PM
I disliked Lois when she first appeared, but over the last few seasons she's gotten better. If you start watching again, you may just have to force yourself to watch a season or two even though it get kind of bad. I stopped watching for about half a season before picking it up again, but seasons 9 and 10 are definitely worth the bad parts IMO.

Torak
05-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Took him 10 Seasons and the ending of the damn series for his ass to fly on his power. Fucking bullshit and they need 2 hours for this?

Krogan
05-13-2011, 10:52 PM
I disliked Lois when she first appeared, but over the last few seasons she's gotten better. If you start watching again, you may just have to force yourself to watch a season or two even though it get kind of bad. I stopped watching for about half a season before picking it up again, but seasons 9 and 10 are definitely worth the bad parts IMO.
Its not so much that I dislike her character personally, I simply dislike what happens to Clark when shes involved in the plot. Somehow her (and Lana) simply being a focus of the plot of the episode reduce Clarks IQ into the single digits. If it only happened once or twice ever Id be alright with it but it was criminally stupid to me that Clark ever needed to be saved in any capacity by Lois. He's Superman for cripes sake, he should not need to be rescued by the reporter.

I have no problems with strong female characters but when the only way the writers can come up with to make them look strong is making the men too stupid to accomplish anything without the girls leading them around by the nose the writers have failed.

QuaziJoe
05-14-2011, 04:05 AM
I think Lois's version of Clark is a little better in season 10. He is pretty competent.

But she is a little... Fan girlish. Which in itself pisses me off.

I liked this season, I ignore the darkseid episodes cause really that is a pointless plot. But the rest of the season is fan service that is overdue.

As for the last Episode.

50% The FUCK? 50% :awesome

The fuck Side:
the entire episode is a clip show, its campy, looses what little realism this series has, and just serves to boost up clarks ego.

CGI flying superman was horrible, and could have definitely had better work done to make it epic.
Storyline of episode was horrible, and pointless and somehow retcons the entire universe to what it should have been with quick lois Jiber Jaber.

The :awesome side:
Thats pretty much all necessary to get my geek on in part to an actual superman episode. If you watch any of the DC animated series you will see the striking similarities to the plot style. We finally get to see him fly which was not half bad. Papa Luthor was Bad ass, and Lex...

I nearly fapped my self to unconsciousness to his awesomeness. That was truly lex luthor the way he was finally portrayed. Smart, tactical, ruthless, and that edge of actual confidence that he was up to the challenge to take on Superman.

TLDR;
Overall, if you already had to suffer through any of the veritas storyline, suck it up and just watch season 9 and 10 to atleast enjoy yourself a little bit. You deserve it after the Veritas Bullshit.

Cyclops
05-14-2011, 04:26 AM
The finale was worth it if only to see Lex again. Lex, Lionel, Jonathon, and Martha all in the same ep... it felt like an episode from the early days.

Republic
05-14-2011, 11:35 AM
I used to watch the show, and have a quick question:
How many dudes that are to become, or have already become, superheroes(-villains) have appeared?
For example, Green Arrow is one. There is also Supergirl if I remember correctly. I'm sure there's a bunch of others. I was wondering who.

Also, another question.
Should I start watching the series from the beginning? I remember little from when I was actually following it. Is it worth it?

Blaise
05-14-2011, 01:32 PM
The only thing in that whole finale that made any sense, was how Clark first got his suit. Because ROFLOLOL @ Matha Kent sewing a baby blanket into an indestructible Supersuit of Awesome.

Otherwise: Yawn/5.

Potterondrugs
05-15-2011, 03:02 AM
This show is still going on? Somebody needs to stab Clark with a fucking spear made of kryptonite.

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks
05-15-2011, 03:07 AM
This show is still going on? Somebody needs to stab Clark with a fucking spear made of kryptonite.

I'm pretty sure they tried, and it didn't stick.

QuaziJoe
05-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Something to End the Series With. Be warned has final episode clips so Major Spoilers

A-smallville-fan-positively-lose-his-shit-watching-the-finale (http://io9.com/5804166/watch-a-smallville-fan-positively-lose-his-shit-watching-the-finale)

Maybe this should go under sick and perverse?

Blaise
05-23-2011, 09:03 AM
@Quazi: That was sooooo uncomfortable, rofl.