1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Smallville

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, May 6, 2005.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

So, how many people here watch Smallville? I love the show, it's the best on WB in my opinion. I also like the recent events that have been happening, though the last episode was kinda sad.

2. Marguerida

Marguerida Second Year

I watch it. The third season just ended here in Germany. (last Saturday) and so we are waiting for the synchro.

I hate Lana. As a person for herself, ok, let her live, she is a nice friend for Clark, but not for love!!! The perfect girl for him is Chloe and that Cloe uses the alias Louis Lane for her articles for the Daily Prophet after she was fired by Luthor let me hope. I know that her cousin has a part in the 4th season (thanks god for internet so I could watch some of the newer episodes) but my hope will allways lay on Chloe

3. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

I watch Smallville just a little bit. Never liked it really. If you want to watch good scifi/drama/teen shows you should watch Roswell. Best tvseries I have seen. John Doe is also a very good show.

4. love it almost my whole family are obessed wiv it (and anything to do wiv superheros. its really only my sister, nephew and brother)
    i think we're in the 3rd season here. asdly i am not able to watch all the time cause of skool :(
    i just loved the last espoide were lana and clark had a swordfight.
    (i watch repeats)

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

6. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

my uncle gave me the first 2 seasons on dvd and is trying to make me watch them... i got as far as the episode with the insect-kid and then i gave up.... it just doesnt hold my interest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:shock: how can it NOT hold ur interest!!!
    its the greatest..i just love it

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

think its a nifty spin on the superman world.. i watched the first season and part of the second season but i stopped watching it for some reason... i catch an episode every now and then... i saw like 4 episodes when clark was all evil-ish, asshole-ish, and badass-ish i liked that i suppose..

9. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

If you've ever seen the classic movies it is obvious he will end up with Lois, but they might stray seeing how they made Jor-El evil in the show. In the movie he was a helpful role model.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

They didn't exactly make him evil...he just had different principles than Clark did. Anyways, right now, the show is annoying me. Clark is afraid to screw Lana (sorry for the crudeness) because he doesn't want to hurt her, and the WB keeps making you think that someone is going to die in this episode. Meh, I still watch it, but it's starting to get repetetive.

11. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Thats not sayin very much given their lineup *shudders*.

Honestly, I liked the first 2 or 3 seasons, but the writers have run out of idea's, and the quality of the show has started going downhill fast.

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Hmm, I forget, what was their lineup a year ago? All I know is Gilmore Girls, and me almost throwing something at the TV when my sister was watching it.

And I agree, this whole CLana thing is being taken way overboard. Maybe the last episode will make Clark realize that he can't stay a fucking scared ass kid anymore.

13. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Alright well Clark's dad died in the last episode(which also happened in the first movie) because Clark wanted to go back in time and save Lana after she died in a car crash. Then she ends up liking Lex in the new future. Yeah that would suck a lot.

14. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

The last episode had the "Angel of Vengeance" in it. Pretty good, I do wish Luthor had died though.

You know, for once I would like to see a fic in which the protaganist kills the bad guys. Like, no mercy, not caring about all the moral shit. Just slit their throat and be done with it.

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I watched it once and it didn't really hook me. To me its the equivilent of making The Godfather, GoodFellas, or Clockwork Orange into a series... just bleh.

16. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I like the show. I'm rather happy Lionel didn't die... he's my second favourite character (after Chloe). The way he's already making his moves on Martha... heh... and calling Clark son. *almost faints* God I love that man...

I must admit though, I don't like the recent episodes as much as season 2 and 3. I wish we'd get another Kal episode. :(

And Midknight... what are you on? Tom Welling is one of the hottest male actors on TV there days. Sure, he has off days like anyone, but he sure doesn't need surgery. That picture you linked doesn't work so I can't comment on that specific pic. This is like the Emma Watson discussion all over again... must you people hate everyone that's popular with most of the opposite sex? :p

It seems like some of you who don't like the show caught one or two freak of the week episodes early on and never tried it again. That's what I had done way back, but since forcing myself to wait it out a little, catching up with reruns on ABC Family, it grows on you. There are some really good episodes if you get past some lame baddies. Or at least, I think so...

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Wow, I'm speechless. Something you and I actually agree on, Damian! :shock:

18. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

Which part? lol It was bound to happen someday, no one can disagree on everything. :wink:

19. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Every part actually, the latest episodes are good, I guess, but the earlier ones were better. And I do like Lionel, especially how he's manipulating Martha right now. Though I wish this whole Clark/Lana relationship will finish soon, this whole skirting around the subject is getting really old.

20. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I agree.

Good writing creates then resolves tension... With Clark and Lana, they have overdone it.

Seriously, from the episodes I've watched, if UST between those two was money, they would make Bill Gates look one of the kids on those "Feed the Children" commercials.