1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Any good fics with Harry in Hufflepuff

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by vinais, Jan 16, 2008.

1. vinais

vinais Second Year

I've come across many really good fics where Harry is sorted into Slytherin/Ravenclaw but not the loyal house. just wondering why. Any links to such stories would be appreciated. :)

Closest i've seen is 'You did what!' by NonJon where Harry becomes the Hufflepuff head of house. The Hufflepuff Manifesto in the story has to be the funniest piece of fanfiction i've ever read!

2. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

We don't do requests.

/me suggests a stickied requests thread for all future fic searches.

3. vinais

vinais Second Year

The request (for links to stories) apart, doesnt anyone see any hope for Hufflepuffed Harry?

4. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Kneejerk reaction would be; Hufflepuff Harry equals loyality and some form of dim wittedness. Unless it's done as a way to make people underestimate him from the sorting, (stupid coming from an 11 year old).

The people of this site generally wish for a non pussified Harry meaning either Ravenclaw or Slytherin.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

There are few Hufflepuff!Harry's that come to mind.

The best one is probably "Fidelius" by Ishtar.

A decent oldie was "Shake Me" by RoxySnape, although Harry wasn't a real Hufflepuff there.

I think I've seen Hufflepuff Harry in one recent story, but ATM I can't remember what it was.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, I can't believe I read that, looking back. But that's how it is.

Also, this is in the wrong area. Moving.

7. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

I'm more interested in Ravenclaw!Harry fics. I believe I only have come across one of these along time ago. It's not really that popular considering most PS rewrite resorting fics place Harry in Slytherin and buddies with Malfoy and all that. We've seen these a million times, but I am honestly curious if there are any good 60,000+ word Ravenclaw!Harry fics around.

8. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Hufflepuff Harry? Pfft good luck. As for Ravenclaw!Harry, the one that comes in mind is "Unsung Hero" by MeghanReviews. Bad thing about it is the Lame!Lily!James favouring Harry's brother who isn't the real TBWL.

9. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Yeah Unsung Hero is pretty decent minus the part of how is it possible that no one knows who Harry is after 6 years at Hogwarts (including his parents), and the whole twin!BoyWhoLived who steals the glory, etc.

I'm interested in an AU PS where Harry is sorted Ravenclaw, or a fic that's AU 3rd or 4th year with Ravenclaw!Harry. Someone should make this a challenge. As a result of being a Ravenclaw!Harry, it would most likely feature a smart, observant!Harry which is probably my favorite type of Harry. I like smart, observant!Harry even more than Indy!Harry, Badass!Harry, and Dark!Harry if done well.

10. vinais

vinais Second Year

Most of the Ravenclaw Harry fics i have come across make it seem that he's already past OWL or even NEWT level before the sorting takes place. This takes out a lot of fun for me as it again starts going towards Super!Harry rather than Smart!Harry.

I dont really see why a hufflepuff Harry cant be strong or badass.. on the other hand, a well written comedy fic where Harry is a lazy ass bum (parody-ing the Puff stereotype) who gets incredibly lucky everytime would be worth reading IMO. Just think of Snape's reaction when a doped up hippie kid is able to win the Tri-Wizard Cup (and score with Fleur) :D

11. Methene

Methene Auror

Except of course, that Canon Harry is a lazy ass bum, in Gryffindor, with adverse reactions from Snape, and wins the Tri-Wizard Cup. In fact the only difference so far would be scoring with Fleur and being placed in Hufflepuff. As a personal preference I prefer devious, cunning, world domination, Harry. The Puffs' just annoy me for some reason.

12. vinais

vinais Second Year

Hard to disagree when its put like that! :)

13. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

I like them when they're used as human shields.

"Avada Kedavra"

The Killing Curse headed toward Harry, however the Boy-Who-Lived saw it coming and instinctively levitated a first year Hufflepuff in front of the curse, taking the full blunt of it and losing his head due to the sheer power of Voldemort's curse.

"Oh, my bad".

Anyway, I don't think I liked any story where Harry was in Hufflepuff. First, the thing "Hat, put me in Hufflepuff so people will understimate me" (Oh, how Slyther of you. "Hufflepuff" cried the hat) is stupid. Second, the Sorting Hat's job is to sort them, not to execute their wishes.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  14. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

Someone needs to write;

Oh, how Slytherin of you....... "SLYTHERIN" cried the hat

into their story XD.

15. MacMar

MacMar Squib

All at Once [2917903] by Aurilia

He was placed in Hufflepuff... but to be fair he doesn't go to Hogwarts and doesn't know about magic until he's 17. He's just curious and puts the hat on.

Mac.

16. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

17. Ph34r_n0_3V1L

Ph34r_n0_3V1L First Year

I've been looking for good Hufflepuff!Harry stories too, and there really aren't any to be found. I wish someone would write a good Harry as a puff fic, as this would seem be the most realistic path to being a good wizard for a canon!Harry. Gryff!Harry becomes lazy and more focused on Quidditch and chess than school. Slyther!Harry would be ostracized by Snape and shunned or used by the Junior Death Eaters. Raven!Harry's poor study habits, from needing to do worse than Dudley, would make him the odd man out. Puff!Harry would be welcomed with open arms, and would work steadily at his magic getting plenty of help from those around him. He may not be the best at the start, but he would be very good at the end.

18. morgoth

morgoth First Year