1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upload problems

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ip82, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I just updated most of my stories at PC, so I figured I might point out some of the problems I've encountered.

First and foremost, the doc converter refuses to read horizontal rulers from a word file and input them properly into the document. I had to go through every chapter and insert them myself, which was where the next problem appeared - and that problem is this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/patronus/public_html/include/gen_func.php on line 59

This appears when I try to save edited document. Since that's the largest file I've uploaded, I presume the problem is lack of memory on the server.

Other than these two, there are no other major complaints. A few annoyances include editor boxes that refuse to stay inside my screen (I work in 1024x768) and slash checkbox that is checked by default (I said annoyances :)).

The site looks VERY good, by the way. I think I'll completely transfer from ficwad to PC, these few problems are nothing compared to what I have to go through every time I try to update there.

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I hadn't thought the parser would allocate more than 8 megs. I've rolled out a fix.