1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry's Dragon by Genkai Fan - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Bratling, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Bratling

Bratling Professor

Title: Harry's Dragon
    Author: GenkaiFan
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/General
    DLP Category: AU Crossover
    Pairing: None
    Summary: What if a young boy wished to be rescued from his abusive relatives? What if he was whisked away during a dark and stormy night? And what does a green dragon named Elliott have to do with it? AUCrossover with Disney's Pete's Dragon
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3608275/1/Harrys_Dragon

I know it's an unlikely crossover. Very unlikely. However, it's managed in a fairly logical way and it actually works. It is more fluffy than serious, and if I were the author, I might have listed it under comedy as well. The take on "The power He knows not" is funny, and I liked the way she explained the disparity between HPverse dragons and Elliott. It also has the distinction of being well-written, which is an even greater rarity for its category. 5/5 for being a well-written, and logical, if strange, crossover.

2. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

It's a good, quick read. Nothing epic to be sure, but still enjoyable for what it was.

4/5

3. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

No offense, but the story looks like something I'd expect to find in the 'worst summery' section. I'll give it a shot, but frankly, don't expect a good score from me.

Edit: Ya.... well on the plus side the story doesn't seem to have many spelling or punctuation problems. On the downside I really don't think this is the kind of story I particularly care to advocate. 2/5 for the effort though.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  4. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Not bad at all. A nice, light read with very little conflict but some excellent writing. It kept me interested, and I liked how Voldemort got destroyed.

4/5

5. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

its a nice story, but honestly is this truly DLP material ?
    it's fluffy like the disney film, and it isn't badly written, but neither does it have a decent plot or anything really moving to get you involved with it.

anyway, no rating from me, simply because i can't make up my mind... as i said its a nice fluff piece, but not what i look for on DLP

6. AnnF

AnnF First Year

Complete and not a one shot +1
    Decent Story, though a bit short, and well, it's crossed with Disney.. 3

4/5

7. NightFox

NightFox Seventh Year

Well written but I didn't exactly favor the idea itself. Grammar was fine, punctuation similarly fine but the crossover just rubbed me the wrong way. Light and Fluffy, a good 30 min read.

3/5 For originality.

Author also stated that he was looking into a Harry/Pirates crossover and a Harry/Narnia crossover. Somehow, I always imagined Harry finding his way into Narnia through the cupboard...

8. Bratling

Bratling Professor

This author is actually my source for logical crossovers, and she has the first chapter of a Narnia crossover up... And he's getting to Narnia the original way...

9. TripticWriter

TripticWriter Groundskeeper

OMFG, we must kill this story before it's even writen... Just no.

Edit: It's too late, the... monsterfic is already born!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008