1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Jason Bourne Crossover

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by fash, Jan 30, 2008.

1. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Hello,

I'm sorry I know you guys and girls don't like people asking for help in finding stories but this has been bugging me and I have looked for something like this.

If anyone knows of any story's like this please please post a link, I'm not specifically looking for a story that follows the Bourne books or movies, but a story with the same base idea in mind.

"Harry use to work as an assassin, Harry losses memory somehow, Harry kicks ass and does not know how he does" sorta story.

Well thats about it, sorry about any spelling/grammar mistakes as im sure there are lots, but i have been on a plane for the last.... 23 hours.... and I really, really feel like shit :)

Fash

2. jts360

jts360 Second Year

Well I do remember reading a fic like this it was a 2nd war fic where the ministry tampers with Harry's memory and magic makes him forget just about everything concerning his past and the war. Though I do not remember the title or anything else about it, other than it was probably on fanfiction.net

3. Guest_

Guest_ Third Year

I (vaguely) remember a crossover with the Bourne books, but it wasn't a Harry-as-Bourne thing.

It turned out to be a multi-crossover with Ghost in the Shell (I think?) where Bourne raises Harry. I can only vaguely remember it though, so it probably wasn't all that good.

Edit: I was trying to find it and I found four others instead.
    Edit2: And, not only are they all abandoned, they're all shit. sigh

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  4. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Jason Bourne is way too epic for Harry Potter.

But I am vaguely interested in seeing a Harry Potter raised by Jason Bourne, just as I was interested in seeing him being raised by Solid Snake. Speaking of which I wonder what the hell happened to the MGS/HP story.

5. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

The thing that bugs me the most about this challenge is that in the Bourne books Jason Bourne was not actually an assassin. Now for an alternate idea that is similar to the books would be to put Harry in the same situation as David Webb, and have someone like the unspeakables turn Harry into a Voldemort clone to drag him out and kill him. The memory loss part is optional.

6. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I read the Bourne Identity once, long ago. Frankly, I don't remember WHAT he was, except damn good at getting away from people trying to kill him.

Edited to add: And great at creative problem solving.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  7. Nuhuh

Yeah. He was. He was a CIA hit man in the books.

8. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

No he was soldier in Vietnam (Medusa). Got pulled in by Treadstone and they brainwashed him into a Carlos clone. They say somewhere in the book that the only person David ever killed was Jason Bourne.

9. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

In truth I really would like to see Harry as some one like Cain, which in this instance I mean Jason Bourne during Operation Treadstone, where he was assassinating people, but at the same time I'd like Harry to be a rogue agent for the CIA, or MI6, since he is British.
    Of course I would like to see an MGS HP cross as well, the only good one I have read of that was Slytherin Eater, and that one hasn't been updated in forever.

10. Nuhuh

That line I don't remember, if that is true then maybe he didn't kill many people.

But he was still trained as an assassin, that was the job he was supposed to be doing for Treadstone.

11. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

The actual Jason Bourne not David Webb was killed in Vietnam for being a double agent, David Webb then assumed his identity, however David Webb at that point was already Delta, the leader of a Government Sponsored Death Squad.

12. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

The Bones Identity
    by paracelsus 8 Reviews
    Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Ron - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Chapters: 6 - Published: 2008/01/07 - Updated: 2008/01/28 - 12897 words

The CIA is not the only secret organization hunting Jason Bourne. The Ministry of Magic wants him too and they've sent newly graduated Auror Harry Potter to collect him. Post DH and Ultimatum.

Haven't read it, kind of afraid to read it to be honest.

13. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

i know the books and movies are different, that why i said this

"I'm not specifically looking for a story that follows the Bourne books or movies"

Looking back at it though it is not very clear, but im looking for a story that follows either the books story line or the movies. I also wouldnt mind reading a story where harry is raised by bourne/webb either, sounds interesting :)

14. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

He has killed people, but as an assassin he has not. His job was to steal credit for high profile assassinations in most of Asia and Eastern Europe. The actual assassins let Treadstone lay claim to their kills because that meant they could get away with them without punishment. However, as delta in Medusa he was a ruthless leader that at one point executes Jason Bourne for being a traitor.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I'm all for a Jason Bourne-style Harry Potter story, but an actual crossover? I don't know. Maybe.

Also, this is in the wrong area. Moving now.

16. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

The only story I can think of with the Bourne-ish theme is "Cursed" by Myth & Legend, which is on hiatus. IT's a good story, but since it's on Phoenixsong it will end up being Harry/Ginny, so if you're a rabid anti-Ginny person, then you'd best leave it alone.