1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Extreme Incompetence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackstar, Jan 16, 2006.

?

Who would win. Death eater or Rambo?

1. Death Eater

100.0%
  2. .50 cal toting red bandana wearing Rambo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

I've noticed that apparently in JKR's world and lots of other Fanfic pieces that the public at large is quite incompetent.. In these stories Voldemort and his band of merry men seem to kill off entire towns magical or otherwise with extreme ease, I find this to be extremely improbable because most towns ive seen have atleast 1000 residents, can you honestly tell me that 100 DE's can take out 1000 non-magic wielding people without taking any sort of damage? that they can successfully do this without the local law enforcement/ militia/ armed forces being alerted to the fact that an ENTIRE TOWN is currently being disposed of? and thats without mentioning all the citizens who own firearms themselves, though i do believe its illegal in britain to collect firearms.

It's my strong belief that a wizard would get shot multiple times before being able to take any sort of retaliatory response. Seriously though can a Protego stop a bullet? I dont think so, Can you say Evanesco faster then it would take me to shoot you at least 4 times with a semi-automatic weapon?

In a fight between the uninformed hoighty toighty pureblood and rambo. Id put my money on the guy with the Bandana.

Just my thoughts

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Why was the KKK able to operate in the Southern United States where they were outnumbered by just as much?

Simple:

Fear.

3. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

If the public ever realised that the death eaters were real people with real vulnerabilities, they wouldn't stand a chance, they would get completely mobbed

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Generally speaking, people are cowards; incompetant cowards.

*pulls self out of trance*

Ok you guys are lucky I am to lazy to type up a 4 page post about the psychology of terror...

5. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

most people are cowards, but battle hardened warriors could kick some ass, oh, and have you seen rambo's movies? he would roasth their asses.

6. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

Lol the whole JK world is fraught with incompetence I would put my money on Rambo any day. With some of the mistakes JK’s DeathEaters make im surprised they haven’t all accidentally killed themselves off by AKing their buddies in the back.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

A gun-weilding psyhco muggle sounds good.

8. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Fear is the most powerful tool of all.

9. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Not just fear and not just the south... the KKK was founded in Illinios (Go me >_> THATS something for me to be proud of) and its because, whether openly or secretly alot of the KKK was people in positions of power so either way if the people would have fought back theyd be fucked as no one was gonna admit to doing it so its their word against the political image of the victim.

But in theory i suppose Fear would be enough. You get that momentary shock that freezes you in place and thats enough to be AK-ed in...but it does leave other holes in it... like... if this starts and a few dozen die, what are the others doing? masterbating while watching? why the hell aint they got armed yet

10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

pfft nah it wasn't, or not wholly. It was because so many of the law enforcement was involved with the KKK. Fear did indeed play apart, but it was more fear that the blacks knew nothing would be done to protect them, and if they did anythign to protect themselves it just got worse for them.

I live down here atm, and the amount of racisism that STILL heavily obvious, especially anywhere that's not Raleigh, Durham, or Charlotte, is astounding.

As for the DE's I find the whole concept of them stupid. He's got a few handfuls of them, yet they are able to massacre left and right? Fidelius? Security Wards? Portkeys? JKR makes the wizarding populace totally inept in everything, the DE's and Harry on some occasions seem to be the only ones capable of taking a piss without magic doing it for them

11. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Rambo posesses what I like to call "character shields", which means through his aura of pure badass he can do things that are clearly and blatently impossible... like hip firing a .50 cal.

Its the same with Mr. T, Cpt Kirk, and most other action heros...

12. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

DE's making massive raids and killing people in spades is something that FanFiction authors had invented.

In canon, we see that DE attacks in wizarding world are more like assasinations - attack on a single family, not entire town or some shit like that.

In muggle world, they do stuff like tear down bridges, not attack whole towns and get away with it.

Even if they did, it wouldn't be that hard - I mean, if they place muggle-reppelant charms around the target area and then notice-me-not charms on themselves I bet they could attack and clean house by house without any difficulty (especially if they ward them against evesdropping first).

So, I'll probably be one of the rare to put my vote AGAINST Sylvester Stalone.

13. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Aye I vote against Rambo. DE, regardless of how badly written they are, at least can say.. hey its magic! Rambo firing a gatling gun hip style... ug

14. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Death eater. Rambo hides, they can cast revealing spells. They could apparate behind with a KNIFE and stab him. No contest. I voted Death Eater.

15. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

Death Eaters don't use knives...

Besides, as the 5th year book proved Death Eaters are about as intelligent as my left foot.

In regards to this "revealing" spell, is it the one where Granger tries it on the diary in Book 2? I was under the impression that the spell was for revealing hidden text not actual people.

16. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

I thought that it would only work on things concealed magically..and well John Rambo isn't magical at all..He's Rambo, he will hide in a tree with a blowgun and inflict massive casualties, The only pretty lights rambo spews forth are the tracer rounds fired from various large caliber fire arms he uses like pistols..cause hes RAMBO, Rambo doesen't need a wand to kill, heck he doesen't even need a shirt, he's kinda like macguyver, except he doesent use paperclips and bands, he uses big guns and the fact that he is RAMBO, if Rambo were Harry Potter we wouldn't need 7 books because voldemort would have been shot dead, repeatedly. He would've smacked ronniekins senseless in 4th year and impregnated the mudblood just so he could smack her and say its not his.. Rambo wouldve also slapped nagini on a spit and slow roasted her ass!

sorry, but your faithless-ness to rambo is appalling

17. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

What you call hell, he calls home.
    No man, no law, no war can stop him.
    They sent him on a mission and set him up to fail. But they made one mistake. They forgot they were dealing with Rambo.

-----------------

The average Death Eater is ignorant of muggles. They'd have no idea what they were up against with John Rambo. I'm not sure you people have even seen the sequel (First Blood II) and you're underestimating the man way too much. We're not talking a mortal with a gun. We're talking a killing machine. A one man army. A slightly psychotic Vietnam Vet.

18. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    this is the single biggest flaw in the concept of the wizarding world. They don't train warriors for physical combat because they've become complacent. As far as I can see not even the Aurors get much of it. From what I've seen most of Voldemort's deatheaters could be mowed down by a squad of muggle soldiers that had been given magical protections on their body armor and were being actively protected from stronger curses and mind control by a wizard or wizards that were simultaneously physically protected by the frontline warriors So they can focus on defense and get in more powerful spells with longer incantations on the big targets while the MUGGLES slaughter the weaker ones with guns, blades, etc. [capslock]That's basic infantry/artillery strategy in a battle!!!![/capslock]

WTF!

MAGIC HAS MADE THESE POEPLE RETARDED!!!

This is exactly what I want to see. I at least want to know there's a squib out there who has enough gadgets and other means to protect himself that he could give any wizard a run for his money!

eta:

this is also why any ninja would in normal circumstances overpower a wizard easily. They have near equal training in both areas, physical and magical.

19. ShadowedDarkness

ShadowedDarkness Second Year

Rambo as long as he is aware of them. Death Eaters are hit and run, striking before notice then hightailing it out of there. Plus they cant hold shields up forever and guns don't give you a lot of time to react, wave your wand and shout the spell. Plus in general wizards in rowling seem to lack creative thought outside of a noted few (Fred and George for example). Plus muggles and their items are considered quaint, overconfidence would be the DE downfall.

20. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

THEY CAN TURN INVISIBLE!!!

C'MON!!

The Predator, wasn't even specifically hunting Arnold, and he only killed it through tricking its heat seeking abilities. Death Eaters would kill Rambo. HE COULDN'T SEE THEM!!!