1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

My contribution to the DLP forum. Enjoy!

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by daimos0, Feb 8, 2008.

1. daimos0

daimos0 Muggle

I've been compiling various fanfictions over the years, starting around 2001, and I've been a lurker around the various forums for almost as long. However after years of enjoying the various fanfics that the people at DLP recommend, I've finally decided to make a contribution to the fanfiction community.

Lets face it 95% (thats being generous) of fanfics on FF.net are crap. Gone are the golden days when a person could just find good fanfic by searching the, "Just In" page, or just browsing through various fanfiction categories.

Now days we have to make use of the search engine, look through the favorites of good authors, and compare the chapter/review ratio. And whats worse is that we can no longer find and favorite a good fanfic when its just been started. We have to wait until it starts getting reviews, and spreading through word of mouth,

All in all the process finding a good fanfic has become a long and unnecessarily tedious process.

Hopefully you guys will be able to find some new quality fanfics that you've never read before in my C2 archive.

http://www.fanfiction.net/community/The_Mashup_Archive/38138/99/1/1/

If you encounter some fics you think are bad, just let me know. and same thing if you don't find fics that are good, just recommend them to me.

Enjoy!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  2. Guest_

Guest_ Third Year

The problem is, it's completely unsorted. I saw fics from Harry Potter, Naruto, Ranma, and NGE on the first page. What if I only want Harry Potter?

So I have to go to the search engine anyway.

What I'm saying is, if it weren't a "mashup", that'd be great - especially if you have the same taste as me, which is the whole point of C2's - but it is, and I'm not a fan of Naruto or Ranma 1/2.

Edit: been looking through this, and so far I've come across HP, Naruto, Ranma, NGE, Hellsing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Love Hina, DBZ, Batman, Smallville, Teen Titans, Dresden Files, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha, and Danny Phantom (lol)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  3. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

The quality of fics archived there is pretty decent, and although it definitely is a 'mashup' of various different fandoms it looks like there's plenty of good stuff in there for the fandoms I do read. Thanks for sharing.