PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves!


Lutris
01-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Post things that you just generally get annoyed at.

For me? Seeing people write alot instead of a lot. Alot is not a word!

When people set plates and cutlery crookedly.

When people slurp their soup. Especially loudly.

When people don't give support to their arguments.

When people cut into conversations they have no business with.

Dumb people who act smart.

Hypocrites.

Stereotyping people who overdo it. I mean, some stereotypes are necessary, but only just to get a general idea of a group. The bare minimums. Not all of them are going to be following that, but it gives you a place to start from. But people who do it for every little thing.......

Add on!

*note: Admins and mods, this isn't just for writing, if you hadn't noticed, which I'm sure you did, so this, I believe, should be kept a different topic from other 'writing problems' forums.

DaytonDeusBlack
01-17-2006, 11:03 AM
I don't like when pople say, "me and him." It's " him and I" for God's sake!

I don't like when peole try to copy international accents. Though it is fun to watch them make a fool out of themselves.

I don't like when people try to give me unnecessary advice when I don't ask for it.

I don't like when people go on and on about themselves while speaking to someone, unless they're relating any funny ncidents. Then, it's ok....oops I'm doing that right now. I'll stop.

Tobang
01-17-2006, 01:08 PM
People who cry wolf.

People who complain.

The annoying kid you sit next to in class who has to comment on EVERY damn thing the teacher or someone else says. (I sit next too a really bad one right now, I swear I’m gunna need fillings by the end of the quarter because I will have ground the enamel off my teeth.)

People who never argue. We all have opinions, succumbing to other people’s opinions, or the opinion of the mass is just pathetic.

People who aren’t my friends or a pretty lady (can’t forget that exception), who ask me to help them. (I’m a very nice person cant you tell)

Poorly written and bad thought out stories that have more good reviews then a good story, all because of a bunch of 14 year olds that like to read inquenchable dribble.

Mpreg… gah don’t even get me started.

Severtius (sp?) challenge. James was Harrys father people…JAMES. Lilly was never torn between choosing James or Snape. She never loved that disgusting slime-ball piece of shit. (If you cant tell Lilly is one of my favorite characters in the whole story and degrading her down to that level is just…just…I cant even express my anger in words.)

When DE show up in some town with a huge explosion….What did they blow up? How did they blow it up? Why don’t they use that means of mass destruction again to kill more people?

When a stories basis for slash is that two males (Harry and Vella!Draco) are ‘matted’… how exactly would a race survive if males keep getting matted to other males, and I swear to god if any of you bring up Mpreg I’ll hit you.

People who start their canon based story by retelling everything that happens in cannon…common people! I think if we are reading FF we have reed the stories so there is no need to repeat them.

Cervus
01-17-2006, 06:50 PM
What's really pissing me off at the moment is the amount of stupid sales telephone calls I'm getting from India. It's like five times a day that I have to tell them to kiss my arse. Can't the fuckers tell I'm not gonna by there bastard phone!

I hate it when people interrupt me when I'm talking.

I hate it when I'm trying to read and there's some twat reading over my shoulder. This applies to writing as well.

It really gets on my nerves when someone cuts in front of me in a cue.

And lots, lots more that I won't get into.

Giovanni
01-17-2006, 07:00 PM
I hate ignorance.

Holier than thou religious people annoy the shit out of me and make me want to go kill a whole herd of baby deer.

Evangelical Christians who believe in The Rapture because they fit into pet peeves 1 and 2.

People who chew loudly.

Fat people, politically incorrect I know; but seriously those people who weigh 300+ pounds have no excuse except their own gluttony.

People who don't brush their teeth.

People who wear the same shirt everyday.

This one kid in my Euro class who thinks he is smarter than me... Every day I have to make him look/sound like an idiot.

Biased teachers.

Redundant policies

People who would marry a rule-book if it were legal.

There are more... I just dont feel like listing them at the moment.

UnholyWarlord
01-17-2006, 08:31 PM
People who jump on band-wagons

people who worship the famous

People who think just because I have defined reilgious value system, I am igorant racist hick

People who assume I am an Emo/Goth ( If one more person says this, I will kill them!)

The NDP (canadian political party)

Evangelical Christains

Lord Osiris
01-17-2006, 11:02 PM
I seriously have grown to hate people that think they are the ducks nuts and everybody should bow before them! The fact that only there idea's, values, morals, likles and dislikes etc. count, and all others can go fuck there idea's.

Secondly i hate the followers of my first hate, people that blindly follow someone is a mindless scrounge and stain on this planet, they diserve nothing but to be led to there deaths.

I think others have said but when in conversation and someone just jumps in and starts talking about something else that has absolutly nothing to do with what is being said.

I dislike fat/obese people! i take my health seriously and do everything to maintain my body and it's not that hard! for Nyx's sake it's not like you need a gym membership to lose those Kilograms fuck take a walk for 90mins? dont go eat McDonalds? pah! not that hard yet they continue to sit on they fat ass and eat with no exercise critising how things should be!...sorry i dont want to get going to much!

Aquylyne
01-18-2006, 01:21 AM
people who complain about shit that is totally within their power to change, their just lazy.

People who party do drugs fuk on saturday then bitch at you monday for not going to church, because "its the right thing to do."

People esp. celebs who bitch about the death penalty when the person is like 2 days from being put to death can anyone say camera hog. God i have jesse jackson.

people who go over seas to adopt. WTF american orphans arent as cute or something?!?

tom cruise.... just ugh.....tom cruise

Xiph0
01-18-2006, 02:53 AM
-snip-
Agreed

(Expounds on "hating ignorance")
> People who say " The news doesn't matter and effect my life"
> People who focus only on National news because its all that "effects them"
~~~
> People who love talking on the phone.

You know what? Fuck it. Ignorance & narrowminded sum it up.

Lord_Slytherin
01-18-2006, 04:01 AM
People incessantly complaining about what annoys them. :p

Edit: And how could I forget..... Tom Cruise.



I dislike fat/obese people! i take my health seriously and do everything to maintain my body and it's not that hard! for Nyx's sake it's not like you need a gym membership to lose those Kilograms fuck take a walk for 90mins? dont go eat McDonalds? pah! not that hard yet they continue to sit on they fat ass and eat with no exercise critising how things should be!...sorry i dont want to get going to much!



You know, not every fat person sits around all day binging on Macdonalds - there's also a powerful yet mysterious force known as genetics. I'm also an exercise freak, but I find your view rather narrow-minded.

Aquylyne
01-18-2006, 05:06 AM
I, on the other hand, extremely dislike people blaming things like genetics for obesity. Granted that some "some" people can attribute it to genetics, it moslty has to do with
1.food intake
2.exercise
3 metabolism

Lutris
01-18-2006, 05:20 AM
Take me for instance. I'm hardly what you would call obese, but not what you would call fit either. On the chubby side, if I say so myself. Just don't like ballsports in general (as a whole), and since all the sports out there seem to involve balls... I'm stuck with kicking wooden posts and jogging.

And note: when I am at home, I usually lounge in front of the computer doing absolutely nothing unless chewing on a piece of jerky.

Antivash
01-18-2006, 07:17 AM
People who complain.


... Dun exactly belong round here then do ya? Ish all we do...

pet peeves of Vash? ... lets see...

Stupid people... number one on the list.. cant STAND stupid people...and i dont mean the ones that jst dont know answers the smart kid always knows... i mean the ones that at 19 still stick pennies in electrical outlets in the wall ....

Aquylyne's avatar... thats just disturbing....really...

Driving.. I HATE driving because inevitably when i get out on the road all the previously mentioned stupid people all rush out and drive like retared monkeys wth MS...

DaytonDeusBlack
01-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Aquylyne's avatar... thats just disturbing....really...



Indeed... I was wondering when someone would get to that.

That_Boy
01-18-2006, 09:06 AM
My 2 pence
People who walk too slowly
People who don't know how to cross roads
Chavs
Credit Cards
Network Firewalls
My frustrating inability to teleport

LT2000
01-18-2006, 09:07 AM
I hate ignorance.

Fat people, politically incorrect I know; but seriously those people who weigh 300+ pounds have no excuse except their own gluttony.

You don't like ignorance, yet you crap on people simply because they don't look like you do. Practice what you preach, buddy. That's more than just not PC. That's ignorant and fucking stupid. True, I don't have a damned excuse for being overweight. Nor have I ever tried to make one. I am who I am and anybody who doesn't like it can suck my big fat cock. Or they can say it to my face and lose a few teeth.

I dislike fat/obese people! i take my health seriously and do everything to maintain my body and it's not that hard! for Nyx's sake it's not like you need a gym membership to lose those Kilograms fuck take a walk for 90mins? dont go eat McDonalds? pah! not that hard yet they continue to sit on they fat ass and eat with no exercise critising how things should be!...sorry i dont want to get going to much!

See, it's comments like this that just make me want to kill somebody. I'm your typical fat person. I have a large gut and don't do a God damned fucking thing to remedy it. I don't care, and I have better things to do with my time than run around some track or do aerobics or whatever in order to look like what some ignorant fuck thinks that I should. I eat what I enjoy eating, not what some health expert says that I need to. I'm also not what you could describe as obese. I weigh over 350 pounds, but I'm also near seven feet tall and carry it pretty damned well. You bitch about me eating McDonald's. I don't, actually hate the place. Their food tastes like shit. But if you or anybody else were ever to utter a comment as ignorant as that where I could hear it, the only eating you'd be doing would be from a motherfucking straw. Unless of course you used all that stamina you gained from your vaunted exercise to run away from me like a little cunt with your tail tucked between your legs. I know this is supposed to be an open forum, but I'd suggest you still watch what you say next time. Never know who you might be pissing off. Were I not in a more congenial mood this morning I would smite you for making such a retardedly offensive comment.

DaytonDeusBlack
01-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Actually, LS is right. If you have the height, there is nothing wrong with being heavy. I mean, look at all the wrestlers. They're healthy enough.

Midknight
01-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Sera, while the statements were a bit too open ended, they weren't targetted at you. You're taking them too personal, back off a bit. It's a thread for own personal likes/dislikes, which means not everyone is going to agree.

I can apply their comments to myself as well, 240 lbs, 6 foot, but I'm built solidly, but I've got a decent sized gut. When I was weightlifting in High school I was easily closer to 280, with no fat at all, but I blame some of the things I was taking, and alot of it was probably water weight/retention.

On a side note, this is why I specifically made sure any rant threads of this nature would be related to only HP, someone's feelings always get hurt when shit like this is posted.

I could easily say how much I hate kids that think they know more then they do, and aren't worldly enough to know that their shortsighted views on politics or life wouldn't let them last a year in the real world once they're outside of pointless debates or sheltered environments, but hell I can think of at least 3 folks that'd imm. offend. But I think they'd respect that opinion, and not blow up about it.

LT2000
01-18-2006, 03:20 PM
I think it's an entirely different matter to ridicule personality traits and physical appearances. Saying 'I don't like you because you act like an asshole' is a lot different than 'I don't like you because you don't look like me.' I'm not going to push the subject any further, but those other comments were still extremely rude and closed-minded and I stand by the way I responded to them.

Silent
01-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Pet peeves?

- Having to break up brawls
- being the figurative rope in tug-of-war
- spraining both ankles at the same time
- people who hate me because I'm skin and bones (It's not my fault I have a family history of Crohn's!)
- one crumb in the middle of a clean counter
- stereotyping

Rain
01-19-2006, 12:15 AM
1) I hate it when people assume I have a eating disorder just because I have a physical condition that prevents me from keeping weight, muscle or otherwise.
2) When people repeat themselves needlessly!
3) People who assume just because you don't react to some bad news in a typical manner that you don't give a damn.
4) Guys who think just because I carry a conversation with them about some similar topics that I am interested in a relationship.
5) Assumptions in general, even if I'm guilty of it myself.

Cervus
01-19-2006, 12:20 AM
I've got a new one.

Tramps... not just any tramp though, the ones that sit on the street with their can of cider begging for money all day, then at five o'clock go home in their lovely shinny BMW's. Twats the lot of them!

Midknight
01-19-2006, 12:32 AM
I've got a new one.

Tramps... not just any tramp though, the ones that sit on the street with their can of cider begging for money all day, then at five o'clock go home in their lovely shinny BMW's. Twats the lot of them!

one of the major news 'zines did a feature on this several years ago, most of the "homeless" guys made more money then the average joe.

I know we've got several of them out here along very busy intersections over here. I mean when the lights cycle you're sitting there for 5 minutes or so, with maybe 2 minutes of green light time. so what, like 9 times an hour the guys are going to have cars sitting there 5 minutes + each time.

I had to locate some power lines a few days ago and got stuck in the middle of the concrete island the guy was standing on. I watched him pull in at least 5$ a stop, one lady gave him 10$, followed by several other drivers giving him change from a handful of quarters to a few bucks. Now considering he's walking around 15 cars long each time, he's not got to pull more then 2$ a stop (9stops@2$+ a stop = 18$/hr) to be making more an hour then a great majority of the workforce around here. I think the average pay was something like 12-13$ an hour for this state.

I was floored and watched the guy on and off throughout the day, folks just gave him money like it was nothing. Yeah he had a great number of stops where no one gave him anything, but when I finally asked him wtf the deal was, he told me it didn't matter, as long as he got a few bucks an hour he was way ahead of any "of the deluded fuckers in the cars"

He pays no taxes, no home payment, no light/heat/etc bills. He has a nice tent with a generator in the middle of the woods... this guy is pulling in easily more then I do a year once you take into consideration all the bills and taxes, and all he's got to do is look dirty and pace a concrete island

ChuckDaTruck
01-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Man, those homeless. They got it on EASY street. THe fuckers


P.S. Don't get upset I was only kidding. So, no tree-huggers getting angry. :D :wink:

Aquylyne
01-19-2006, 02:40 PM
tree huggin hippies, with thier glass pipes, hemp pants, and phycadelic t-shirts that havent been washed and reek of colgone and weed.

nonjon
01-19-2006, 04:44 PM
That reminds me of one of the hated pet peeves. Running out of weed. Cologne... not so much.

And really, is it even surprising there are people exploiting panhandling? Every other job that there has ever been has it's corruption. Panhandling is one of the easiet because you play off of people's guilt. It's right up there with the basket at church but not quite as pure in the eyes of the almighty. I'm not saying you shouldn't give them money, but every time you do it's encouraging others to exploit it and ask for money too. Of course if you give nothing, just remember his death is on your hands. Or worse he might spit on your car.

Give a man a fish and it will feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and it will feed him for life. But give him some bad drugs, and maybe he'll stop wasting my tax dollars.

Stalicon
01-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Pet Peeves of Stalicon

>That bitch in class that always has to take out their day on you and invites their friends to help.

>People who call me fat and run away when I try to beat their sorry little asses (COWARDS, and really fat! chubby mabey but fat?) But really its pissing me off cuz i'm not really that physicaly fit (i.e slow,but not weak, don't like many sports..) and can't catch the little bastards.

>People who chew with their mouths open

>People who bring cellphones into resturants

>People who quote stupid phrases off the t.v.

>Cafiteria food

>People who 'tipe lik thiz cuz tey tink tey reely smrt nd coo'

>Badly done Fleur/Harry

>Slash (Oh, Draco I hate you so much I just want to kiss you all over) Could do without those kinds of mental images thankyou.

>Homework.....

IndoGhost
01-19-2006, 11:32 PM
People who have beef with you and they don't know you...that pisses me off...a lot

ChuckDaTruck
01-20-2006, 01:46 PM
No who I hate? Mules. Not the drug traffickers, the animals.


They can't breed, they stink, and they're not as nimble as a Donkey, but they're not as strong and fast as a horse.

They offer NOTHING. Between them and the liger (half tiger half lion), the world is going to hell in a hand basket.


Damn Mules. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Rain
01-20-2006, 05:55 PM
*snort* I've never seen the point of mules myself. Cheap labor?

Yeah. That's it.

nonjon
01-20-2006, 06:00 PM
They offer NOTHING. Between them and the liger (half tiger half lion), the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

I feel similarly about the state of Wyoming.

IndoGhost
01-20-2006, 06:02 PM
wait...I always thought that a mule was a donkey

ChuckDaTruck
01-20-2006, 06:03 PM
NOOO!!


A mule is useless. A mule is half donkey, Half Horse. Because its a "filthy half-breed" it can't reproduce.


UTTERLY USELESS!

The world would be better off if EVERY mule were to die. Painfully.

Toodles! :D :wink:

IndoGhost
01-20-2006, 06:09 PM
A mule is useless. A mule is half donkey, Half Horse. Because its a "filthy half-breed" it can't reproduce.
OOOHHH!Umm why would you cross breed a horse and a donkey?

ChuckDaTruck
01-20-2006, 06:10 PM
They happen naturally because they are FILTHY CREATURES that can't STOP HUMPING!!! :x :x :x :x


:wink:

Rain
01-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Because they can.

People like playing God. Amusing as it is, the mule is one of the side-effects that never seem to go away.

Rain
01-20-2006, 06:12 PM
They happen naturally because they are FILTHY CREATURES that can't STOP HUMPING!!! :x :x :x :x


:wink:

Oh yeah, that too.

ChuckDaTruck
01-20-2006, 06:16 PM
People don't usually invest time in things that have no profit. A mule has no profit other than labor and meat, which COULD be gained by actually breeding Horse/Horse or Donkey/Donkey.

They are an aberration in nature, but not a man-made one.


Also, Chimpanzees are ACTUALLY close enough genetically to humans to reproduce a child. This child (technically called a Humanzee) would be unable to reproduce...just like a mule. No other creature is close enough genetically for people to reproduce with, but Chimps are.

Doesn't that just CURL your toes?


So people, STOP HUMPING CHIMPS!!!

and woman, DO NOT LET A MALE CHIMP HAVE SEX WITH YOU!!

p.s. this also how scientists believe AIDS got started. People humping monkeys. :shakes head sadly: What is the world coming to?


So, back to Pet Peeves...



I HATE PEOPLE WHO FUCK APES!!!! :x :x :x :x



Have a NICE DAY!!!! :D :D :D :D

IndoGhost
01-20-2006, 06:18 PM
speaking of people playing god..did you hear they are making rabbits with some human DNA

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/01/13/rabbit.human/index.html

ChuckDaTruck
01-20-2006, 06:22 PM
eh...That's for the advancement of science. Doesn't bother me.


We lack the technology to make a rabbit anywhere NEAR as smart as a human. It means we can make human dna compatible with rabbit (which isn't surprising as their is only 21 amino acids to build DNA from anyway) (its all about sequence, baby) :wink:

Anyway, this is just to see if we can ultimately use Rabbit DNA on people. i.e. people who lack certain genetic structures can ultimately be helped. (Diabetes, the inability to process protein properly, etc. )

kota_dawndragon
01-29-2006, 03:53 AM
They happen naturally because they are FILTHY CREATURES that can't STOP HUMPING!!! :x :x :x :x


:wink:

They were bred to combine the strength of a horse and the surefootedness of a donkey.


I am also one of those apparently disgusting fat people. I admit, I enjoy food too much, but I am in excellent health. Just because I don't enjoy exercise, doesn't mean I'm a lazy slob that eats potato chips in front of the TV all day.

Violent Seas
01-29-2006, 12:08 PM
My Pet Peeves?

George W. Bush. Hey, i'm neither a republican nor a democrat, and i used to think the guy was alright, but now he's just pissing me off.


Thatboy:

People who walk too slowly
People who don't know how to cross roads
Network Firewalls



agreed. i HATE network firewalls. especially when my dad has control over it, and i don't....

hm...
HPwise,

-I get annoyed when ppl write "Hermoine" instead of "Hermione", or spell the curses wrong, or things as stupid as that. DID YOU READ THE BOOK???? The worst is when you have authors who don't even bother to spell the title of the fanfic properly. It's basically saying that you have so little respect for your own story, that you misspell the title......
- I usually dislike stories rated anything under "T". I'll read a few K+'s , but i generally will never ever read K's....

chronic dragon
01-29-2006, 01:19 PM
poeple who critisize(sp?) the way i live my life

poeple who have no respect for anyone they dont know

poeple who think they're better than everyone else

poeple that try to force religion onto you

door to door salesman and telemarketers

oh and a story that has harry being paired with the red headed slut

Giovanni
01-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I have a new pet peeve:

Nazi admins at FF.net

Xiph0
01-29-2006, 02:53 PM
*nod* Now we need a list of the Gestapo for the resistance...

Evil Shnitzel
01-29-2006, 02:54 PM
I have a new pet peeve:

Nazi admins at FF.net

Sorry dude its pretty old one.
They were assholes from the beginning.

Violent Seas
01-29-2006, 02:56 PM
They're getting worse and worse every day.....

Mrriddler
01-29-2006, 03:04 PM
*nod* Now we need a list of the Gestapo for the resistance...

they have to have a list of the admin staff somewhere...

Xiph0
01-29-2006, 03:16 PM
-edited out-

they have to have a list of the admin staff somewhere...

The gestapo would be the Secret Police, the trolls they have reporting us.

Xantam
01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Pet Peeves

People who clap at the end of a movie.(The actors can't fucking hear you!)

People who get whatever they want because their family members did too.

Narf
01-29-2006, 09:21 PM
People who clap at the end of a movie.(The actors can't fucking hear you!)



lmao, I went to one of the first showings of LoTR: The Return of the King, and near the end, when the screen went blank for a few seconds after Frodo and Sam were rescued by the eagles, everyone thought the movie was over. So they all stood and clapped, then realized that it was still showing. Then they stood and clapped after the scene with Frodo in the bed reuniting with the rest of his buddies. When the real end of the movie came, it took like 10 seconds for them to clap. Me and my friends were laughing our asses off.

Anyways, back on topic, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people clap after landing from a flight trip. Especially if the trip took an hour. Damn turds, I just want to get the hell of the plane, not hear you clap.

Goddess of Ran
01-29-2006, 09:38 PM
My pet peeves?

I'd have to say my biggest pet peeves would be:

1) People who demand respect because they think they're better

2) People who make jokes without considering a person's feelings. Especially when the joke is about said person.

3) People who call me on my cellphone in the middle of the night.

LINKed up
01-31-2006, 12:17 AM
my pet peeves:

Authors that cant spell, and I mean REALLY cant spell. Like misspelling "at" cant spell

People that talk in foreign languages that you dont know, because you dont know what they are talking about

The Nazi Hampster that runs FF.net

People that insult asain languages by speaking gibberish. I admit, I used to be one of those people, but know im not, so there.

Waking up at SIX ****ING THIRTY IN THE MORNING!!!

People that chew gum REALLY loudly, especially when they sit behind you in class.

Guys that are total jack***** to girls for the fun of it.

People that don't follow through with threats.

that all for now. god I'm tired.

Xantam
02-04-2006, 06:00 PM
lmao, I went to one of the first showings of LoTR: The Return of the King, and near the end, when the screen went blank for a few seconds after Frodo and Sam were rescued by the eagles, everyone thought the movie was over. So they all stood and clapped, then realized that it was still showing. Then they stood and clapped after the scene with Frodo in the bed reuniting with the rest of his buddies. When the real end of the movie came, it took like 10 seconds for them to clap. Me and my friends were laughing our asses off.

Anyways, back on topic, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people clap after landing from a flight trip. Especially if the trip took an hour. Damn turds, I just want to get the hell of the plane, not hear you clap.


I went to one of the showings with my friend and there was a group of nerds behind us. They were talking about they had "only" seen the movie 4 times and had beaten all the games. It was disgusting.

phoenix2780
03-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Eh... too many to count... and several have already been mentioned, but here's the 'short' list:

Religious zealots--doesn't matter what religion. Zealotry is idiocy.

Micromanaging @$$es--makes it real bad when one of them is a manager at your work.

People who talk down to you because they think their better/smarter than you are. Sadly, this has included my friends in the past. I always got a private joy when the standardized test results would come in and when we took our ACT and PSAT. Apparently they thought I was one of their 'dumb' friends, despite the fact I was taking AP classes as well. A 30 on my first try on the ACT gave them a good kick in the teeth.

The 'Leadership' area on college and scholarship forms. You know, some of us aren't leaders. Some of us just want to live our lives as quietly and peacefully as possible, not lead a bunch of mindless idiots who were stupid enough to elect us to power in the first place. Besides, there's only so many leadership opportunities, and too often it's given to the 'popular' kid instead of the one who would actually find out what needs to be done.

Homophobes-- It's all in preference. Same-sex couples have every right to be together and be happy, just as hetero couples do. The only reason there's such a big deal is because religions say it is wrong and people allow religions to govern politics.

On the flip side-- gay people who force their preference on others. I'm not talking about an openly gay person, I'm talking about the gay person that continually hits on someone after that person has made it perfectly clear they don't swing that way and their excuse for it is 'They're gay, they just don't know it yet.' (Yes, I have actually heard this line used.)

People who assume I am goth by the way I dress. I don't think I'm goth. I don't know, maybe I am, but I doubt it. Just because I wear a lot of black and enjoy the styles found at Hot Topic does not mean I am goth. Actually, I'd say I'm more of a fangirl. I wear what I like, simple as that.

The damn foreign language requirement at OU. Damn it I don't *want* to take these damn languages! Not everyone who goes out into the world needs to be bilingual! Yes it is helpful, and I'd probably end up taking some language intro courses anyway, but a requirement for flippin' three semesters of it?! Plus, we have every language under the sun besides the one that would probably be most beneficial in the US besides spanish-- sign language. It is what I took in high school, but OU doesn't have it. So you mean to tell me that a little cow-poke town can support a sign language course but a multi-million (probably more) dollar university can't?! Grrr!

Someone down your hall in the dorms blasting literally wall vibrating music during FINALS WEEK!

People who blame all their problems in college on the professors. I'm on academic probation myself, but at least I have the guts to admit that it's due to my own issues.

Drama Queen/King's (this includes my mother) that let themselves fall back into the same problems again, and again, and again, and again and expect me to give a damn each time they come to me and complain about how horrible it is. If your 'not boyfriend' is insulting you, mocking you, threatening you, using you, etc GET RID OF THE B@$T@RD!

Parents who have kids because they 'want someone to love them unconditionally.' This is very selfish and unfair to the child and more than likely will ultimately lead to them being hardly able to stand your guts.

Parents who expect their kid to do exactly as they say without offering an explanation as to why when asked. Here's how I see it-- you tell your kid to do something and they want to know why. Here's you options-- tell them 'because I said so.' This does nothing to further the child's mental and decision making development other than making them feel powerless and uncertain. Or you can explain why, which the child will then digest and internalize for future consideration in his/her own decision making endeavors-- a learning experience.

Parents who try to replace their 'failed' children with a new child.

Parents who use their child as a 'best friend', counselor, and whipping boy for their emotional needs.

Parents who expect their children to unconditionally forgive them, despite the fact that their continual bad decisions has caused just as much heartache on the child as them, though they fail to realize and accept that.

Probably ought to stop here before I start getting *really* detailed...

Mage
03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
-People that poke you in class, is it that hard to tell I either want to sleep or pay attention, neither requires you to poke me
-People that are all talk
-People that talk about you behind back but won't say it to your face
-People that talk in movies

crunchyfrog
03-02-2007, 06:12 PM
annoyances...

-mobile phones being used to play music
-The metric system
-330ml bottles of guinniss
-people wh call me a long haired f*****
-Riddles

Dango-Fetish
03-02-2007, 09:06 PM
My "pet peeves":

> Marzipan with cake on the bottom. I'd rather peal off the marzipan and eat it - the cake is but an annoyance.
> Useless advice people give when one is trying to find something, ("It's always in the last place you look" - Fuck me sideways! Why would I carry on looking after I've found it?).
> Labeling someone purely for the purpose of insulting them.
> People who are too proud to accept defeat and too ignorant to learn from it.
> People who touch my precious hair without permission.
> People who walk loudly by dragging their feet along the ground (may sound trivial but agitates me to no end nevertheless).

- one crumb in the middle of a clean counter
Perfectionism is a bitch.

-Riddles
Aghast! How can you?? I love riddles!

Time for my "Jack of the Green" impression:

"I tolerate the stars and the moon,
I cannot abide the sun.
Banish me with torchlight
and you'll see me turn and run."

C.S.Kaniel
03-03-2007, 12:04 AM
My pet peeves, hm? I guess they would have to be...

- Like LINKed, Guys who are mean to women just to get their rocks off.
- Fakes. It's bad enough that we have titles like 'skater' and 'emo', but then we have people trying like retards to BE them just to be cool.
- The hordes of people around my area who see me as 'Dr. Love' for my 'fantastic advice', when in truth they all just do really stupid things that any sensible person wouldn't do.
- People who say that their starving, and then buy candy to sate their hunger.
- My friends dog, because I always get fleas whenever it gets close to me.
- Filler episodes in anime. Well, the ones that suck, anyways.
- Harem anime such as Love Hina, Hanaukuyo Maid Tai, and the likes. They deserve to burn.
- Cats. I'm terrified of them to Ranma Saotome standards, and I have NO idea why.

That's all I've got off the top of my head.

To be continued, maybe.

Mercenary
03-03-2007, 02:42 AM
"I tolerate the stars and the moon,
I cannot abide the sun.
Banish me with torchlight
and you'll see me turn and run."

Shadows/Darkness.


Pet Peeves:

People who stand in the middle of the hallway and talk to their friends all the while not noticing or ignoring the growing traffic jam they are causing by standing in the nexus where all the classroom doors meet. Now no one can get anywhere.

Cell phones that can do almost everything. Music, Internet, Text, Games. Next thing you know. Refridgerator. Cell Phone. PHONE! PHONE FOR CALLING. NOT INTERNET. YOU 'TARDS!

afrojack
03-03-2007, 02:53 AM
People that are fucking retards who insult you if you ask an intelligent question in class.

Materialistic people that won't go near an intellectual topic.

Being asked to dumb down my vocabulary when speaking to fellow freshman. If I get told by a chick one more time to stop using "big" words, I'm going to claw my fucking eyes out.

Mordecai
03-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey afro, last year I had my grade for a talk in my English class knocked down because the majority of the class didn't understand the vocab that I used.

afrojack
03-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I mean, I'm not going to sit here and say I'm a genius, because I've met geniuses, but it's unimaginably annoying to have that said to you.

That sounds like a bad English class, lol. My English teacher loves it when I use big words, it's almost like a contest sometimes where we see who can load sentences with more fluff. He usually wins and the class is usually lauging by the end. It's the dumbasses that ask me to come back down to fifth grade.

Mordecai
03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Well, it was the top english class of the year, which says something about this generation. I mean, I was only going into the philisophical aspects of why immortality would be a bad thing. I believe I quoted from folk like Aristotle, Plato, Descarte etc, and confused the majority of my class. I aparantly "aimed above my target audience".

Miss Selarne
03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
At least you guys have English classes that challenge you. I'd sleep through mine if I could. They're idiots and spend half the time telling stories or trying to see who can insult each other more: the teacher or the student?

Pet Peeves?

-When people read or mess with my books. They always come back in worse conditon and I like my books looking nice. Plus nobody ever asks.

-Girls in general. Boys, boys, boys, boys. Is that really all they talk about? Or am I just bad at making friends who will occansionally listen to me?

-My artistic ability. I can draw something perfect the first time but if I try to draw it again, it comes out deformed.

-Always being hungry. I can't help it. I'm always hungry. And I absolutely detest any and all healthy foods.

-Somebody cleaning or organizing my stuff. I know where everything is (most of the time.) It doesn't need to be cleaned. That's how I lose everything. Still trying to figure out where my one book went...

Dango-Fetish
03-04-2007, 12:46 PM
-When people read or mess with my books. They always come back in worse conditon and I like my books looking nice. Plus nobody ever asks.
Lol - curnchyfrog can add this to his' list. I'm stingy, so I borrowed his copy of HBP and he was infuriated that I had got blood over page 579 (If i check now it's when "mr and mrs Wealsy were striding up the ward.")
"You break it: you buy it."


-My artistic ability. I can draw something perfect the first time but if I try to draw it again, it comes out deformed.

-Somebody cleaning or organizing my stuff. I know where everything is (most of the time.) It doesn't need to be cleaned. That's how I lose everything. Still trying to figure out where my one book went...
+to my own - I can sympathize.

New pet peeve: "Pollen". That's summer ruined for me. :(

Miss Selarne
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Lol - curnchyfrog can add this to his' list. I'm stingy, so I borrowed his copy of HBP and he was infuriated that I had got blood over page 579 (If i check now it's when "mr and mrs Wealsy were striding up the ward.")
"You break it: you buy it."

Do I want to know why you were getting blood on his book?

-Another one: fangirls. Because most mangas/animes tend to have a fangirl following and I tend to be grouped in with them.

-Sterotypes. Goes with the above. All fourteen-year-old females are fangirls. *destroys fandom*

Lady Almaren
03-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Pet Peeves...I have too many to count:

When my food is touching. (when its all on the same plate)

Holier than thou religious people who try to say how wrong I'm living my life when they have no idea who their baby's father is.

Grammatical errors. Well I hate reading someone else's.

Urban fiction novels. All of my friends wonder why I don't read some of the urban fiction novels that they read and think I'm crazy because I like fantasy and scifi.

Stereotypes. Just because I am a girl does not mean I don't like football, HATE the color pink and drama movies, and like the Godfather too.

People who tell me about their cell phone plans. I have no idea who the person may be but if they are on the phone and they end their conversation, they just have to tell me how many free nights and weekends they have.

Fangirls. They all deserve to die. Slowly.

Homophobes. They are annoying ignorant bastards that are insecure about their own sexuality so they have to make fun of someone else's.

Dr. Phil/Oprah. I hate both their shows.

Dumb ass people who can't shut up during a movie. Just shut up and watch. They can't hear you!

Racists fucks who are to ignorant to get a life and stop ruining someone else's because of the color of their skin. Bastards.

I should stop now.

Darius
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Dr. Phil/Oprah. I hate both their shows.

I've had my Phil of the Doctor.

Xantam
03-04-2007, 09:49 PM
People who clap at the end of movies. At school, when we watch a movie all the fucking kids start clapping. It annoys the hell out of me. It's not like the actors can hear you.

Runeknight
03-05-2007, 02:17 AM
Mine would have to be...

Racist, prejudiced people who judge/insult you because of your ethnicity or race when they don't even know you. You can insult me about anything else, my short comings, whatever you feel like, it might bother me a little but when you start referring to my ethnicity, that's when I tend to get angry. This doesn't apply to me only, but anyone that gets insulted based on their Nationality or Ethnic group.

For example, my mum was driving me home yesterday and when she was waiting to turn into our street, a girl that looked about 16-20 with a couple of other guy's in the car is turning in the opposite direction. As she is passing us she yells to my mum: "Move! You fucking Indian bitch." I was so surprised I didn't have enough time to say anything, and she just turned and drove on.

First of all what pissed me off was my mum wasn't doing anything wrong. She was just waiting there, but because obviously my mum was Indian therefore she had to make room for her, which is pretty ridiculous.

I swear if I had a gun on me I would have fucking shot her and when I got home, I was actually contemplating how to find her house and trying to remember what her vehicle looked like. Though I calmed down a few minutes later, that's how angry I was at the time.

What surprised me the most was the amount of hatred in her voice when she said it. It sounded like she absolutely hated Indians and that she was naturally better than us and that we were inferior, this is what made it so annoying. I don't think it would have pissed me off that much if she hadn't said the word "Indian".

I had to put up with people like this throughout School, and now if anyone does it, I often tend to get pretty angry.

After explaining all that I can't remember what the other things were... :wall:

afrojack
03-05-2007, 03:46 AM
That is pretty fucked up, but perhaps it wasn't so much that she hated your mom for being Indian so much as she thought your mom was a bad driver. My mom is like that. She's white, and married to a black man, so it's clear that she isn't racist, but for some reason when it comes to the road, bad drivers make her say some pretty fucked up shit. I know shes not racist, but if she encounters a bad driver, she'll insult something that really has no effect on the driving as a channel for her anger at the lack of driving skills. Road rage makes people do strange things.

Runeknight
03-05-2007, 05:31 AM
Yea, you could be right. But my mum really didn't do anything wrong. As far as memory serves she was waiting in the right place. I don't even see how it affected her, she just came along and went right past us, I would have been embarrassed if my mum was doing something wrong.

But I think she just said it cause she thinks we're below her. I honestly think it makes people like her feel better, that they can mock or insult other races because they can get away with it. With out expecting them to retaliate or respond as aggressively. Either way, she shouldn't have said something like that. Mistake or not.

I remember when I used to be like that... ignore it my mother always said. But ignoring it doesn't help, and it doesn't make it stop. In fact it makes it worst, because they would continue doing it cause they know you're not going to do anything in return. It makes them feel better each time and they don't want to let go of that feeling.

I'm going of topic... sorry.

Lady Almaren
03-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Well Runeknight you should do the same thing that I do: Laugh at them.

Laugh at how pathetic and depraved their lives must be where they have to hate/make fun of someone because of their ethnicity. If you really sit down and think about it, it's really sad. Pity their ignorance and move on. I'm black and I go to a majority white school so I've heard a few things. It actually amuses me if people stop in the middle of their conversation to whisper something about me behind my back.

Now we can go back on topic.

Jamven
03-06-2007, 01:45 AM
I really have too many to post, so I will only post a few.

1.) People who are intolerant of other people Beliefs, Culture, and way of life. Other people did not grow up how I did, I understand this and try to remember that as I go about my day. I use to be picked on when I was younger (kind of like Luna, really). I had my flaws, my own type of eccentric behavior, and it would make me mad when people would pick on me for no reason. I slowly learned to pity those people that tried to put me down.

2.) Those really huge people that go to the fast food joints and order every damn thing on the menu and then get a diet coke and complain about being humongous while eating said food. Now I know I said I try to be intolerant of other people but this...

3.) People would don't use turn signals when they are turning in their car. Enough said about that. There is a reason that they put them in your car.

Maybe I will post others later.
dark007

afrojack
03-06-2007, 02:42 AM
Women who whine about being equal and then want us to pull out chairs and open doors. I'm all for manners, and I try to use them whenever I can, but it makes me angry when I have to do it after I've been made to feel like a womanizing pig.

Dark Lord Rostam
03-06-2007, 02:56 AM
People who mess with my personal property

People who complain when I mess with their personal property

People who say I'm a hypocrite

People who are hypocrites

People who say I'm fat

Fat people

Darius

Darius
03-06-2007, 04:06 AM
People who don't stop bitching (Rostam I'm looking at you ^_^)

Screaming

Pre-teen Girls

People who defend Emo's

People who say they're Emo, seriously weird.

Merrill II
03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
- Weiner dogs
- Biting nails
- Passing gas of any form
- Poorly dressed
- Homerism

Dark Lord Rostam
03-06-2007, 10:30 PM
People who don't stop bitching (Rostam I'm looking at you ^_^)

Screaming

Pre-teen Girls

People who defend Emo's

People who say they're Emo, seriously weird.

I agree with the last 4. And I do not bitch. I complain. Huge difference.

Jamven
03-06-2007, 11:43 PM
I got one more...

People that don't bathe

afrojack
03-07-2007, 12:10 AM
This is one I've been recently acquainted with.

Unorganized teachers. Just because you suck at your job does not mean that you heap US with work because it's the end of the quarter. Fuck you, Mr. Van Asten.

Darius
03-07-2007, 12:19 AM
I have another as well.

Old people that INSIST on showering naked at pools/gyms etc. Fucking christ, put some shorts on. I know it's not there fault their old, but really, No one wants to see that.

I've noticed a lot of bitching about fat people etc. in this thread as well. Saying you dislike someone because they're fat is like saying you dislike someone or can't respect someone because they wear blue pants, it's stupid.

On the other hand, I'm not going to lie, I wish fat people wouldn't shower naked publicly either. Then again, I think all men should wear shorts when showering publicly, really not a pretty sight.

Dark Lord Rostam
03-07-2007, 12:20 AM
People call me fat. It's annoying. Fuck off, I'm an offensive linemen. I will rape you. Fat people don't bother me. A good friend of mine is fucking huge. So? He likes to eat. Fuck you.

Darius
03-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Fat = Cannibal now :O

How could you Rostam, I'm ashamed :P

Dark Lord Rostam
03-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Fat = Cannibal now :O

How could you Rostam, I'm ashamed :P

:(

Do you think fat people cut themselves with butter knives? Die with food on their mind, and in their blood?

Jamven
03-07-2007, 12:28 AM
I have a couple more...

1.) When a Man physically hurts a Women. Just not right

2.) No toilet paper or paper towels in public bathrooms. I want wipe my ass or dry my hands off for a reason.

3.) The way someone will pull out in front of you like they're in the biggest damn hurry then slow down.

4.) People who flaunt their wealth and status. I really don't want to know how much more money you have then me.

5.) People who hurt innocent children. Same as #1

Darius
03-07-2007, 12:37 AM
1.) When a Man physically hurts a Women. Just not right


Sometimes it can be. I'm pretty sure there was a thread on this... But yeah, if some girl comes at you threatening your life and has the means to actually follow through, if you know she's serious I see know problem throwing everything you have into them.

I don't agree that if a girl hits you, you hit them back, but there are acceptable circumstances.

Dark Lord Rostam
03-07-2007, 12:37 AM
If a Canadian hit's you, do you not fight back? Why is it different with girls? Answer me this, Darius. ^_^

Darius
03-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Because if a Canadian hits you, chances are you're not going to be able to stand back up to hit them back.

Jamven
03-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Sometimes it can be. I'm pretty sure there was a thread on this... But yeah, if some girl comes at you threatening your life and has the means to actually follow through, if you know she's serious I see know problem throwing everything you have into them.

I don't agree that if a girl hits you, you hit them back, but there are acceptable circumstances.

You're right, there are always exceptions to the rules. I was talking about hitting a women for no damn reason (ie. wife beaters, rapist, etc)

Dark Lord Rostam
03-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Because if a Canadian hits you, chances are you're not going to be able to stand back up to hit them back.

Nice. That actually made me chuckle. ^_^

But it's time to be serious. What are Canadians going to hit us with? Bag's of milk? We all know you aren't strong, and you definitely can't pick up a moose. Come on Darius, be serious. ;)

Darius
03-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey, I curl elk every day for my daily training regimen, SOMEDAY I will move up to Moose!

Dark Lord Rostam
03-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey, I curl elk every day for my daily training regimen, SOMEDAY I will move up to Moose!

Will you Darius? Will you? Come on Tarquin, come on. Even an elk is stretching it. Tell us the truth. 1 banana? 2 bananas? 3 bananas? 4?

Krull
03-07-2007, 04:39 AM
A lot of my pet peeves have already been said so I'm just going to post this one:

-people who defend christianity by quoting the bible

Merrill II
03-07-2007, 05:32 AM
- People who disrespect the Bible

Lady Almaren
03-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Well I have another:

People who manipulate the bible to support their own twisted views. It's been going on for who knows how long now. Parents justifying beating their children to death because it "said" it in the bible. Or a man demeaning his wife because he "interpreted" that a woman is lesser than a man from the bible. (Although it never clearly said that) The list goes on and on.

And another recent phenomenon is that people are trying to convince people that praying to God will make you rich and famous. Alot of pastors are doing that and it's sickening.

Merrill II
03-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Women are lesser than men though. It's pretty much inferred and a given but people want to be politically correct and make the Bible something it's not.

Women are below men both physically, mentally and religiously. That's why men could have a lot of them and why they weren't allowed to broadcast their opinions.

Miss Selarne
03-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Not touching that topic...

-Reorganizing all the files on my computer (because I can,) then accidentally deleting some. The ones I spent a while working on.

afrojack
03-07-2007, 09:50 PM
People who say stupid shit to offend you, but don't have facts to back up what they're saying.

When said morons get support even if what they're saying is totally off base from equally moronic friends.

Lady Almaren
03-07-2007, 10:30 PM
BioPlague, I am not touching that with a 10ft pole.

With that said: I hate sexist morons who feel that they are better than a person because of their gender.

Merrill II
03-07-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm 3/4ths perfect.

Litha Riddle
03-07-2007, 11:43 PM
My pet peeves.

People thinking they're funny, when they certainly aren't.
Bullies.
Oh and my biggest pet peeve, is censorship of any kind.

Litha

afrojack
03-07-2007, 11:47 PM
People who think that anything deeper than puddle, a rap song, or a heavy metal song crammed with satanic riffs, is emo.

Mr. Merriman
03-08-2007, 12:52 AM
-Reality TV

-Cheaters at the weekly poker game

-The dude at work who consistently and constantly points out the flaws and shortcomings of others in snide and insulting ways, but takes any form of mild criticism as a personal challenge.

-Carefully and slowly eating a candy bar or doughnut (or other sugary goodness) and dropping the last bite at the last minute.

-People with absolutely no sense of humor or adventure.

Darius
03-08-2007, 01:32 AM
People who think that anything deeper than puddle, a rap song, or a heavy metal song crammed with satanic riffs, is emo.

It's ok, you can tell us you listen to Simple Plan.

afrojack
03-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Lol, I don't. I've seen enough YTMND's to put me off Simple Plan forever.

Dark Lord Rostam
03-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Give Peace A Chance, Darius. Imagine, My Beautiful Boy. My Darling Boy.

I'll give you a cookie if you know who sings those.

Merrill II
03-08-2007, 02:04 AM
http://www.theravenresort.com/images/pic/pic_special_Gaydar.jpg

Dark Lord Rostam
03-08-2007, 02:12 AM
:(

It's John Lennon.

Merrill II
03-08-2007, 02:17 AM
I think it says Melissa Etheridge

afrojack
03-08-2007, 03:30 AM
That picture has to be one of the most disturbing things I've ever witnessed. Ever.

Cjonbloodletter
03-08-2007, 06:06 PM
My pet peeve is when I got out and buy somoan cookies(the absolute best girl-scout cookie ever)., then leave the house for about an hour or two, and return to find one of the people who doesn't contribute in anyway what-so-ever to the family, has eaten the entire fucking box.
My other pet peeve is flag stone.

Dango-Fetish
03-09-2007, 12:49 PM
My new pet peeve: Bottled water.

You are aware that "Evian" reversed spells "naive", right?

...'nuff said.

Litha Riddle
03-09-2007, 01:15 PM
A newly discovered pet peeve.

I hate that a guy can talk about his dick and be cool, and yet if a girl talks about her tit's she's a whore. It's anatomy, get over it.

NamesAreUnimportant
03-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I hate stupid people. Already been said, but it bears repeating. Mind you, I don't mean unintelligent people, I mean people who could be so much better but still stick their cock in a lightbulb socket to see what happens.

I hate being the mediator when my friends fight over nothing. Hell, I hate that I'm the one who's expected to mediate. Aren't I entitled to a fucking enraged rant because so-and-so said such-and-such?

I hate when people use the word 'conversate' like it's the root word of 'conversation.' The fucking word is 'converse,' people! By the same token, I hate it when people say 'axe' when they mean to say 'ask.' Learn some damn English or shut up!

I hate people who can't take a joke. I have never in my life intentionally made someone feel bad who didn't deserve it a hundred times over.

I hate religious fanatics who try to 'save me.'

I sure hate a lot of things...

The Dark Lord Squash
03-09-2007, 10:42 PM
My pet peeve is that one guy in the group that everyone hates, yet is there anyways. In my group of friends we have 2 of these guys.

Miss Selarne
03-09-2007, 11:42 PM
...The one person that nobody likes? That's definitely me in my math class. Apparently I'm not supposed to be smarter than people who are older than me. Nor am I supposed to be the only freshman in a class of sophomores and a few juniors. Bleh.

-Things not working for no apparent reason.
-Human beings in general.
-The US educational system.

NamesAreUnimportant
03-10-2007, 12:03 AM
...The one person that nobody likes? That's definitely me in my math class. Apparently I'm not supposed to be smarter than people who are older than me. Nor am I supposed to be the only freshman in a class of sophomores and a few juniors. Bleh.

I hear you. People think it's so great to be smart, but they haven't been there. That was me a couple years ago. Give it awhile, though, and people will start to change their minds about you when they realize you have the right answers to all the tests. ;)

That's another thing I hate, by the way: people who take it personally when someone is better than them. I don't how great you are, there is always someone better waiting to smoke your ass.

Darius
03-10-2007, 04:14 AM
What's that? THE ARROGANCE LEVEL IN THIS THREAD IS OVER 9000!

afrojack
03-11-2007, 09:12 PM
On the subject of math whizzes, I hate the ones who are legendary with academics but cant logically think their way out of a paper bag.

Lady Almaren
03-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Although this has nothing to do with math whizzes I have recently discovered a new pet peeve:

Gap Commercials.

I know it sounds weird but sometimes I fall asleep with my tv on and the worst thing to wake up to is the sound of a crappy Gap commercial with horrible dancing, and even more horrible clothing.

calutron
03-12-2007, 07:59 PM
There is two kinds of geniuses: the one's whose parents force them to read years ahead of their curriculum(i'm here), and those with IQ > 150, group 1 is common in high school if you went to high school near a good uni., and group 2 is randomly and much morse sparsely spread.

Pet peeves:

People who walk slowly.

People who don't want to confront you, but crack jokes about you within hearing distance.(chucking chairs at them works)

People who complain about being stupid but don't actually work.

Personally, I never talk, and when I do it's always to provide myself with amusement, I act smart, or I act like a pothead or I act like an asshole. In a way I am exactly what many people said they don't like, but I'm not ignorant of the fact that i'm not making any friends.

afrojack
03-12-2007, 10:01 PM
People who renounce everything they once were because of one argument presented to them by someone with basic facts and no real research.

Runeknight
03-13-2007, 04:51 AM
I'm in the first category Caultron. But that doesn't mean I'm a genius... reading ahead in Math and English and even Science a few years does not make you a genius. Well... maybe. But I'm certainly not.

What I always thought of as a genius was someone that was incredibly smart with out trying. Anyone can study for hours and hours and get good marks in a test. A genius is the person that doesn't need to study because they either already new everything that was being tested (with out working or studying extra) or they don't need to study or revise at all for it and they still get the best marks.

Afrojack, I tend to do that. A lot. But I guess it depends how many facts and how convincing they are. I guess it is stupid... but my mind seems to work like that. I can remember several instances where that's probably happend. But I'll work on it. :)

Dango-Fetish
03-13-2007, 05:03 PM
What's that? THE ARROGANCE LEVEL IN THIS THREAD IS OVER 9000!

Your words fall on deaf ears, (I'm looking at you Afrojack).
Please, people, a little modesty never hurt anyone. I'd rather not read endless pretentious rants.


People who walk slowly.


There is nothing wrong with taking your time. Too many people are in a hurry. Always frantic.

DemonDream
03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
People on college campuses who walk on the freaking bike road! I have had many near collisions with these idiots. And no, they are not crossing, they are using it as a sidewalk.

afrojack
03-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Your words fall on deaf ears, (I'm looking at you Afrojack).
Please, people, a little modesty never hurt anyone. I'd rather not read endless pretentious rants.


Sorry bout that, didn't mean to come off that way, lol. I swear I'm not arrogant in real life, if that's hat you're saying.

Merrill II
03-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Over Nine Thousand!?!?

Vegeta!

Paravon
03-15-2007, 04:35 AM
What?! Nine thousand!!

Kari Black
03-15-2007, 09:54 PM
1. People who are in honors English, but CAN'T SPELL!!!! There's this one kid in particular who can't seem to spell anything right. I swear he's got to be faking just to try to be 'cool' or something. Which brings me to...

2. People who act dumber than they are to try to be 'cool'

3. People who have no common sense

4 Hell, just people in general!

5. School counselors who want you to join stupid ass clubs because they think you're mildly depressed and need to make more friends and 'broaden your horizens'- Fuck you Mr. Leece! I do NOT want to join the Service Over Self (SOS) club!

Giovanni
03-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Just have sex, video tape it, and drop it in his faculty mail box.

Say "check *time you had an orgasm here* on the tape and see just how incredibly happy I am"

Well, probably a bit too much info for the counselor, but it might make him back off. . .

Kari Black
03-16-2007, 02:21 AM
I'm not losing my virginity just to piss the school counselor off, Giovanni, but I have to admit it would be hilarious.

afrojack
03-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Pretty much, losing your virginity on tape might just make him more persistent, lol. Funny, yes, helpful...Not so much.

Tinn Tam
03-16-2007, 10:51 AM
I hate people who don't seem to be aware that there is such a thing as punctuation. You don't need to be a native English-speaker to know that a sentence ends with a fucking period.

I hate postwhores. With a passion.

I hate new people who spend their time licking older members' boots. I must have done a bit of asskissing too when I first joined, but at least it was more discreet and short-lived.

I hate bizuts. Those are people in their first first year of medicine studies, and they all need to be shot.

Narf
03-16-2007, 03:21 PM
I hate the French with the passion of a thousand burning stars.

afrojack
03-16-2007, 06:24 PM
What about the Dutch?

Dango-Fetish
03-16-2007, 06:57 PM
*Ehem*, people who are ignorant of other cultures.

afrojack
03-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Lol, Austin Powers FTW.

Dango-Fetish
03-16-2007, 07:24 PM
^ that was not what I was referring to. In fact, I haven't even seen Austin Powers, but I am still fully aware of that Joke; which neatly leads me to my next pet peeve:

People who ruin quality TV shows, films et cetera by constantly quoting them to the point that I loose my sanity.

NamesAreUnimportant
03-16-2007, 07:26 PM
What about the Dutch?

The Dutch are guilty by association. The French share a border with the Belgians, who in turn share a border with the Dutch. Therefore, by the commutative property, the French share a border with the Dutch! ;)

Xantam
03-16-2007, 07:28 PM
People who ruin quality TV shows, films et cetera by constantly quoting them to the point that I loose my sanity.
Great Odin's Raven!

Hmm... People who constantly have their cell phone glued to their ear.