1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Master Potter by Draco664 - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Muttering Condolences, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

Title: Master Potter
    Author: Draco664
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    DLP Category: Independent
    Pairing: HP/HG/BZ
    Words: 80,327
    Chapters: 9
    Updated: October 23, 2009
    Published: March 6, 2008

Link: http://draco664.fanficauthors.net/Master_Potter/index.php

So the final installment is up and it's looking to be a good one. Harry's in Azkaban at the mercy of the now warden Fudge, someone is impersonating him, and he's discovered a way to kill a dementor without the Patronus Charm.

It's a bit early, but so far I'd give it a 4/5-4.5/5

The two prequels can be found here:

Title: Apprentice Potter
    DLP-Thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=479
    Link: http://draco664.fanficauthors.net/Apprentice_Potter/index.php

Title: Journeyman Potter
    DLP-Thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=479
    Link: http://draco664.fanficauthors.net/Journeyman_Potter/index.php

Checked by Minion, July 28, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
  2. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

Harry seems to find himself playing the captive pretty often, doesn't he?

3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I like how draco664 made a running joke out of it.

4. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Heh, the last installment. Very interesting so far, waiting for the next chapter is going to be irritating....

5. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Love this series, glad Draco's gotten off to such a strong start with the final one. Not much to add really; someone just needs to get the author to update more. :p

6. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

I guess that this is a good start. Nice chapter. I would find it humiliating to be caught in a trap by that character. I have a bad feeling that Hermione might somehow find herself helping Harry get out of that place. Thus Reuniting Harry and Hermione. I really hope that I am wrong about that.

Now I don't not know what the current situation is in the Real Life of the person behind the Draco664, but I do know that he shoud have a 1 and a half year old that is the center point of his life.

It will be updated when it is updated.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

...Hm. I stopped reading the series ages ago because he basically stopped updating for ages. I knew he started writing again, but didn't know he'd updated that much.

Might have to go back and read.

8. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Definitely worth reading.

Terrific story, and its one of the few that I regularly make a point of checking out when it updates.

I'm pumped for the final installment! :)

9. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The first chapter is full of win and awesome.

I don't see why the fuck did Harry shoot his mouth off about Fudge being the Warden. It got him nothing. I know this Harry is kinda rash sometimes, but the ways he's developed so far throughout the stories (using ambushes etc.) made me hope for a hero less brash and more in control of himself. I know it gave the author an excuse to bring in the scene with the dementor (a nice touch, and yet another ability like his 'pushing' that smacks of Deus Ex Machina) but Draco664 was a good enough author not to have needed all that unsubtle Gryffindorish stupidity.

This annoyed me.

Otherwise, as I said, awesome chapter.

10. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

I've never read the series, are they worth reading, or are they too cliché now to enjoy?

11. Augurey

Augurey Backtraced

They're still awesome. This series is the only "Harry with a mentor instead of Hogwarts" storyline that's even remotely interesting.

12. Shadowglen

Shadowglen First Year

I know I'm setting myself up for a lambasting here, but I had to work to read this fic.

Granted, there is only one chapter posted so far, but between the last few segments of Journeyman and this beginning of Master, I feel like things are a little too heavy handed with plot twists. I'm seeing less of the awesome Harry of the first and most of the second works and more of a clumsy Harry who is captured, escapes, and is captured again. What happened to taking names in toilet stalls? I can see the reasoning for Harry to have a lot of enemies, but I have found myself needing to go back and read the previous three or four chapters every time it updates merely to try to fit things together. The fic was still a good read, fairly interesting and amusing and decently well written, but it just seems to have too much going on at the moment.

***Herein below contains discussion on the current chapter. Ie., SPOILERS***

I must admit that the sudden appearance of Warden Fudge threw me. I don't recall hearing about a jade ring being the sign of the Warden in the previous works, and I'm leery of Draco664 using Harry's apprenticeship as a plot crutch. I suppose Fudge's position could be explained as the reason behind the ministry workers that have been following Harry, but I doubt it. I can't see Fudge having that much political pull left. I would think that most politically savvy people would rather jump of the seeming up and coming Potter boat rather than go down with the drowning Fudge. Harry should have more allies out of sheer favor currying than he has.

Still, I would give this work, one chapter as it is, a 3/5. One for its own ideas, and two for its predecessors in hope that it will follow suit eventually.

13. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I liked it. I wasn't too annoyed about Warden Fudge, but how he simply trusted the employee to give him a good portkey astonished me. The first Harry would have never done that. 3.5

14. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Agreed. On the other hand, we don't know how fucked up he is......yet. I give it a 4/5.

15. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

Updated.

Alright, now it's getting interesting. Harry has:
    escaped from Azkaban, whooped Fudge's ass two ways from Sunday, killed a handful of Dementors, caused a prisoner riot, and developed a new power not unlike his pushing ability.

All in all, not a bad chapter.

16. pontfirebird73

pontfirebird73 Third Year

perhaps that is the ability the Dark Lord knows not.

17. Garret P.I.

Garret P.I. Backtraced

Just read the latest chapter...

Things are definitely getting interesting.

18. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Definitely good enough to continue with. The new chapter was interesting and made you wonder.

19. mathiasgranger

mathiasgranger Slug Club Member

By my estimation he hasn't developed any new powers at all in the newest one, just different means of using his old ones. He 'pushed' Snape in the third chapter of the first part of the trilogy so it has been there the entire time. Harry has just had the time to polish the ability in the interim.

Fudge isn't qualified enough to get a job elsewhere so it makes sense he stayed in the ministry power structure as the warden. Things like the ring are just minor details that Harry wouldn't necessarily always have at his disposal...so it didn't bother me.

I was disappointed that anyone mourned or fought over Snape's death...it was a time for celebrations and Hermione ruined it...

As such the Blaise/Hermione thing seems to be boxed into a corner at the moment...and I tired of it during part two of the series...

Plot and Harry characterization alone make this 4.5/5.0.

~Matt

20. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I hate waiting for updates, especially with a story like this...

Excellent chapter by the way, he actually escapes from Azkaban in an original way.