1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Aberforth Dumbledore

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Mar 10, 2008.

1. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

I was thinking about things I'd like to see in HP, and Aberforth's character crossed my mind. We don't know anything about him except that he holds his brother responsible for the death of their sister, owns the Hog's Head, provides a path between his pub and the RoR at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order the first time around...and seems to have a goat fetish.

As a character, I think he had a lot of potential for use before DH came about. My question, then, is this. Does anyone know of a well-written fic that involves Aberforth in some way before the series finale? If so, can you provide links? Thanks to anyone who responds.

2. kalantha

kalantha Sixth Year

I definitely remember reading a fic in which Aberforth acted almost as a substitute Dumbledore, but it wasn't the best fic out there. As you mentioned before there are few stories involving him and even less with him as a central character. Your best bet is to simply write a story about him if you really value him as a character and can come up with a decent plot idea.

3. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

While the character has some potential, writing a story about him would be pointless because no one really cares about him. He's barely mentioned in canon, and the reader has basically no way of identifying himself with the (old, pevert, maybe gay) character.

4. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

I wasn't thinking of him being the main character in all of this. Just a character with influence on other characters, or on the plot itself.

Even if we aren't talking about a truly well-written story, if anyone knows any interesting ones, I'd like the links.

5. kalantha

kalantha Sixth Year

Inky: I meant if he really like Aberforth so much he could write a story...NOT that he had too.

6. Marsupial

Marsupial Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure I've read a full length WIP with a significant Aberforth; he was an unspeakable I believe. It kind of bit though, it was blatant H/G with exceptionally poor plot and character development. I know it was on ff.net, but I don't have it marked anywhere, so I can't tell you any more than that.

Rorschach's Blot has a one-shot with a major Aberforth, (spelled Aberfourth throughout :mad: ), but it is, in his usual style, not a serious fic. Its called "The Indirect Approach," linkage below.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3355032/1/The_Indirect_Approach

Neither incorporates the DH Dumbledore backstory. Beyond those two, I don't know of anything with more than a cursory mention of Aberforth.