1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Marks and Scars, by E.H. Smith

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Banner, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Title: Marks and Scars
    Author: E.H.Smith
    Rating: Gen
    Genre: Drama
    DLP Category: The Alternates Crossover w/ the Vorkosigan books, by Bujold
    Pairing: none

Summary: In which two of the most intriguing characters from the works of J.K. Rowling and Lois McMaster Bujold meet for tea and, eventually, sympathy. A meeting between these characters is certainly something their respective authors would never have anticipated, but their worlds turn out to be oddly congruent. Takes place during the spring of Harry's sixth year at Hogwarts (not that Harry figures in this story in any but the most peripheral way) and, from the Bujoldian point of view, during KOMARR.

Link: http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/e_h_smith/MAS01a.html

If you haven't read the Vorkosigan books as well as HP, then you will be completely lost. I found this series interesting and warming. Two men, more Dark than not, but both working for the Light. They talk with perception and brilliance. Part two "Without Enchantment," REALLY understands the Vorkosigan family (I would like to be Cordelia when I grow up.) Part three, "No Great Magic," is just as perceptive and surprising.

2. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

*blinks* Banner...............You're practically gushing......

Good story by the way LOL 4.5/5

3. Bratling

Bratling Professor

For you, Banner, this is extremely high praise. And I do agree. This series is probably some of the best crossovers with Harry Potter out there. It's rare to find something this well done, especially when crossing a deep fantasy universe with a deep science fiction universe. 5/5 and I'm surprised that, as old as it is, it's yet to make it into the library.

4. Hello

Hello Professor

Mildly entertaining but not much more, the author catches Mark quite well but I think he/she could have done more with Snape considering he is the other main charactor of the story. 4/5