1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Black Wizard by Azraeos – LOTRs - PG

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by MadEyes, Jan 20, 2006.

1. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Title: The Black Wizard
    Author: Azraeos
    Rating: K+
    Crossover: Lord of the Rings
    Category: Action/Adventure
    Chapters: 24
    Words: 170,847
    Updated: August 4, 2008
    Published: April 3, 2005

Summery: A mysterious noise starts a chain of events that propels Harry and Hedwig to another world. He encounters wizards, dwarves, male Veela . . . and discovers that the only way for him to get back home is to complete a dangerous mission.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2335832/1/

This is one of the only crossovers of this gender that is currently being written, is not slash and hasn’t been abandoned. The fact that it’s entertaining is also a plus, since a lot of the crossovers of these universes in existence are pure rubbish. At the moment, however, we just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Checked by Minion, January 1, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Not slash? That's weird... I guess someone finally wrote a LotR's crossover worth reading. I'll give it a try.

3. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

I lost the link to this one when my computer crashed, Thanks for finding Madeyes. I had forgotten the name.

4. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

This would be great if it wasn't Idiot!Harry. He never uses magic to make life easier on the road, he's afraid to show anyone his skills, he doesn't bother to learn anymore magic once he leaves middle earth before he's ready to go back. Basically, it's canon Harry, in middle earth. It has soooo much potential and it's well written, but it should be called Little Bitch Wizard instead of Black Wizard.

5. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

ah well; it seems good to me right now. Obviously, the author isn't intending it to be a super harry, and he's definitely not going to dabble in dark arts, considering the fact that sauron's there.

It seems good right now. Of course, it would be for the better if he gets off his ass and trains before he goes back to middle-earth...

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I havnt read it all but I'm getting there. I needed to take a break. It's good so far.

7. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Actually, since he is going back to Middle Earth with Dumbledore, and no time pasess while he is there, I am expecting to see him start training once he gets there. During the first part he was more focused on finding his way back home, than anything else. But now that he knows he can go back and forth at will, well, it has great promise.

I just hope that the author doesn’t get swallowed by one universe and remembers that Harry still have to kick some snake-faced ass.

8. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

An excellent fic, there are so few readable stories in this crossover, i'm so happy that this one is active. :D

9. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

This was just updated a few days ago and it’s still going strong. Harry arrives back in Middle Earth along with Dumbledore and meets up with what remains of the fellowship once more.

He realizes, if a bit too late, that he can learn magic whilst in Middle Earth that he can’t in his home universe because of the Ministry and its restrictions. I kind of like the fact that he doesn’t immediately go about training and what not, and just views the whole thing as a new adventure, along with providing help to new friends.

I’m looking forward to seeing how the author will make use of the time Harry will spend in Middle Earth and how he grows up during his adventures. At the moment he is just another kid with and actually acts like it. Hopefully the battles that he’ll be apart of will help him along and provide him the abilities and the time that he will need before his confrontation with Voldemort.

This is quickly becoming my favorite crossover and it has great promise. I would say that I’m waiting for updates and all that rot, but that would be one of those black kettle situations, and I’d be a regular hypocrite.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I agree, this fic is really good. I just want the author to get to the battle, that'll be interesting with the wards.

11. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

I kinda ranted to the author about how she write Pathetic!harry

*Minor spoiler warning*
    What really set me off was two chapters ago when Harry got that book from Remus to help protect himself, and what did he do? Absolutely blew it off. “Oww im going into a war zone, but Dumbeldore with me so I can hind under his skirt.”

That was just what set me off, all the other chapters were riddled with ‘Im a fuck up!Harry’ and I just snapped, and give her a pages' worth of politely worded criticism.

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t mad because her Harry wasn’t a god, never making any mistakes. But really go back and look at the chapters she spends pages going on and on about Harry being a fuck up, missing and doing stupid stuff.

Im glad to say though that she seemed to make her Harry grow up in this last chapter (And stopped making so many embarrassingly horrible mistakes). The golden trio bonding moment was a little gag worthy but all around good.

Not nearly my favorite cross over (Keeper of the Dundien(sp?) anyone?), but one of the most frequently updated ones which puts it up there in the noteworthy category.

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Looks like Dumbledore isnt sticking around for long. That shit with Ron and Hermione was annoying as hell... I'd tell them to stop being such fucking babies. As if he has to share everything with them...

13. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Actually, I used to like Keeper of the Dúnedain, but the last two chapters started slipping and I remember that in the last update the author finally said that it would be slash. So I just left it. It looked like it was heading towards a Harry/Legolas pairing, or something of the like.

It was a sad day for me, when such a good story started descending into the blood-thirsty realm of slash fiction. I say, the author was probably lured and tricked into it, or at least that’s what I will keep telling myself. After all, the murderous impulses currently directed towards the slashers must be curved, or there won’t be any pieces of them left...

14. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

I think you're mistaken. MadEyes. The author of Keeper of the Dunedain said that there wouldn't be a harry/legolas pairing, and was actually still deciding the pairing.

15. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Here, I'll let the author speak for herself.

These were in the last two chapters, and since I usually don’t read the review responses, I didn’t even notice she had decided to go slash until recently. In any case, the way she introduced Legolas into the story seams to indicate that he’ll be important later on. It’s true that I don’t know if it will turn out into a Harry/Legolas pairing, but frankly, I don’t care. It’ll still be slash, one way or the other, which is sad, since this story was quite good.

In any case, if the if you keep reading the story and the slash isn’t too bad (as in just vague references to it), then let me know, and I’ll try and jump the slashy parts. The beginning of this story was pretty good, even if at the moment it’s kind of floundering because of the introduction of romance again, as it were.

16. Piccaboo!

Piccaboo! Second Year

Well what can one say?

This was the first crossover story I've read... (I don't read much of em) and I was actually pleasantly surprised.

I do like how Harry doesn't just become all super overnight and that it doesn't seem as super is the authors goal,, though he learns and develop as the story progress. Which is a very good thing.

That Dumbledore couldn't stay in Middle Earth for long was a surprise but then again, it was better that way. He was just to good to be allowed.

And about how he got there in the first place - well I think I liked Azraeos theory, it was different than anything i've read before.

17. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

While i was reading this fic well i just keep getting pissed of more and more and i never get pisses of bescause i don't read bad stories. i alway tought the story has something to go at and to get better at. But FUCK I JUST KEEP GETTING PISSED MORE AND MORE BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE AUTHOR PORTRAYED HIM TO BE. FUCK!!!!! i just feel so damn frustrated about the whole thing. AHHHHHHHH!

18. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I loved the story, it was different from my usual tastes, but I think that's what got me hooked. It was well written, had an original approach to the whole "crossover buisness" and portrays the character's so well I forgot the fact that 'Yes, the story isn't endless', and spent five minutes clicking at the empty area where the "next" button was supposed to be.

I really can't see how people can't like it (I can, but I don't see how). So Harry has a more cannon-ish character, I think this most recent chapter when he was taking requests on how he should kill off the uruks/orks showed that was changing. He doesn't seem as much weak, as wary to be regected (in the beginning), which is a very realistic characterization for Harry.

So I'm pleased with the story. *shrugs* I think it's a fun read. I do wish Harry could have more time for training, though. It's such a perfect opportunity. *sigh*

19. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

20. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Big necro here, but there was an update after a long ass time.

Still so very few readable HP/LOTR, and this one is pretty decent. Yes, there are problems with Harry being a pussy. But, in this most recent chapter, it looks like he might be a fell beast as an Animagus. I really want him to be like, "eww...did I just go crazy and eat orcs? Surprisingly stringy, but on the whole not bad..."

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know about the update.