1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Slytherin girls

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by eXcalite, Mar 17, 2008.

1. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

Does anyone know some good stories where either Tracey, Daphne or (fem.) Blaise are important characters? Don't have to be paired with Harry although it would be preferred.

So far I've read :

Jeconais two stories
    What lies beneath
    Apprentice/Journeyman/Master Potter
    Marriage Contracts
    and Dakaath but thats been abandoned :(

2. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Hahaha, don't think people will take kindly to this thread.

Erm, The Machine is a semi decent Harry Daphne one.

Theres also Litany of Blood which is a very good Harry/Blaise or Harry/Fleur one.

Both have been abandoned though I think...updates haven't happened in a looong time.

Harry/Slytherin girl is quite rare if you want it written well and to last. Though I'll watch this thread cause I wanna read some too. Just glad it won't be me getting ribbed. Psst...they don't like 'looking for' fics. But maybe they won't kill you, I mean this is the 'story search' section.

3. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

Well. I think i can stand a bit of flaying alive. Maybe even a bit more as long as I get something decent to read. I've been struck with a fucking fever that won't go away for three days and have consumed all the stories I had planned to read in the next two weeks -.-

Since you will benefit from my daring and unbelievable courage how about you update your story quickly? After all I will take the punishment for opening a "looking for story" in the "story search" section. Silly me

4. Jenkins

My story...as in Sanity is Fleeting?

If so, you may have to wait a bit. I'm really not happy with the second chapter, nor so much the first. I'm debating a full re-write or maybe just the second one. I need more originality to kick it off. I'd like the same basic thing but with a little more...zazz?

I dunno, I can't think of anything to spice it up though. Back to Harry/Slytherin.

There is Jeconais' Harry/Daphne (semi) series which is quite epic. I can't find the link the. Type Jeconais into google his profile will pop up, go from there.

EDIT: Nevermind I just realised you already read them. I'll go on a hunt see what I can find for you. I'm glad theres a fellow supporter of these ships, and a gutsy one at that.

5. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

Well so far nobody else has discovered this thread so my guts are safe...for now at least. And yeah I meant Sanity is Fleeting. I think I'll give "The Machine" a try although for some reason it reminds me of this film where Jason Statham is some kind of crazy goalkeeper-monk.

Thanks for searching. I appreciate it

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  7. Jenkins

Haha no. It does feature a ind of super Harry though. There are some cliche's and it has some badly written moments but it's good for the Harry/Daphne.

Kind of good Harry/Daphne...again...abandoned I think http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3708524/1/Pleasant_Surprises_Welcomed_Changes

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2990826/1/Slytherin_Queen Not too bad. Harry/Blaise

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2229202/1/Fire_and_Ice I thought this was mediocre at best but you might enjoy it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1874005/1/When_Worlds_Collide This is quite a good Harry/Blaise one shot.

That's all I could find with a quick search. Theres a few in the library I think.

8. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

Thanks you two.

Come on everybody! These pairings are great!

9. Sferics

Sferics Second Year

10. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

There was a really good post-OOTP Harry/Blaise fic on ff.net awhile back called Stupid Is As Stupid Does which was 100k+ words, but the author took it down and is in the process of rewriting it. The problem is the updates are very infrequent, and I think only the first 15k words are available now on ff.net

edit: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3370272/1/Stupid_Is_As_Stupid_Does

Yep. The author is redoing it, and it only has 20k words, and the update rate is very slow.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  11. Augurey

Augurey Backtraced

Title: In The Eye of the Beholder
    Author: Aaran St. Vines
    Link: FFA
    Pairing: Harry/Millicent Bulstrode
    Summary: Take the "Paladin Project" aspect of "The Granger Defense" and "Great Scott, Potter, This is War!" and remove the tl;dr summer training, and throw in a shocking pairing done right.

12. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Stupid Is As Stupid Does is completed.

Apparently, the author got tired of rewriting it after chapter 5, and threw in a random "10 years later" sort of thing. It's really disjointed.

13. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

I don't think Litany has been abandoned. It's more of the author having a glacially slow update speed. I remember when we all thought it had been abandoned, only for jon3776 to post a new chapter more than a year later after the previous. So yeah, you may want to expect an update in like, nine or ten months' time.

I do remember an epic H/fem!Blaise I read ages ago that involved the Trio, Ginny, Blaise and Draco(!!) time-travelling to the future where they met their kids and had to hunt down a time assassin. It's better than it sounds, and Draco was not too major a character. The plot device of travelling to the future, as opposed to the past was, and still is, a fairly original concept. Can't for the life of me remember the title of the fic though.

14. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Was that one War's End: Potter Versus Malfoy by Jedi Tess?

It didn't interest me at all, but now that I think on it there were a bunch of OCs, and the pairings were Draco/Ginny and Harry/fem!Blaise.

15. zaminieinstein

zaminieinstein Squib

I remember that story. It's called something like War's End: Potter vs. Malfoy or something like that. Draco actually plays a huge role in that story, as does Ginny. The whole Harry/Blaise aspect was secondary to the Draco/Ginny. Never finished the whole thing though, so it might've changed.

16. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Thank you very much.

Linkage: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1014059/1/

And if that turns out to be the right story, well, it's amazing what you can figure out with no idea about the plot.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  17. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

That's the one. I thought it was pretty good for a Harry/Blaise fic at that time though. Perhaps our standards have indeed risen nowadays.

Yeah, I do remember the plot feeling more than a little sketchy, but it all came together at the end. And no, the Harry/Blaise aspect never was secondary to the Ginny/Draco one. It may seem so during the first third of the fic, but Blaise quickly becomes a more important character later.

When I said Draco Malfoy did not play a big role, I meant so plotwise. He contributes nothing at all to the fic, except for the D/G romance which I found easy enough to skip through.

18. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

Wow...quite a few stories for me to read. kudos guys!

19. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

bah.

She should at least post the original whole story back up because I remember it being pretty good.

20. moniteur

moniteur First Year

Regarding "Pleasant Surprises" the author's bio page says:

I'm guessing it's not abandoned. That said, the update time between the last two chapters was several months, so no matter what, I suspect that it'll be a while.

That said, I really do enjoy it, I think it has a lot of potential