1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Some detail help for Midnight Watch

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Bratling, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Bratling

Bratling Professor

I need a bit of help. Because my family is made up of teetotalers, I know virtually nothing about alcohol. And for something not too far into the future, I need to know of some very rare, very expensive vintages for Henri to give to professors as gifts. Some kind of scotch for McGonagall, I think, and other impossible-to-find vintages for the other three heads of houses. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm thinking of something that would cost thousands of dollars per bottle... You know, something rarer than Napoleon brandy...

2. NightFox

NightFox Seventh Year

Off the top of my head:

The Dalmore - 62 year old scotch. Went on sale for 50,000 USD.

The Glenfiddich Rare Collection of 1932/37 - A series of several very, very old whiskey bottles that were sold for high prices. I believe one of them was sold back in 2006 for $20,000.

There's another one that slips the mind at the moment, a few really top bars have them scattered across the US. It's a brand that's around $100-200 a shot, with enough potency to have to be sipped for several hours to enjoy it. I'll add that if it comes back

Edit: Johnny Walker also produced a bottle to celebrate Walker's 200th birthday, sold at around $28,000 a bottle.

Some wines: Note, these are not drinkable by human standards.

1787 Chateau d'Yquem ($56,588 ).
    1787 Chateau Lafite
    Montrachet 1978 from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti - Oldest, drinkable wine sold at ~23,000 USD each. Though in an HP Timeframe, those ten years highly devalue wine.

Hope that helped.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  3. Bratling

Bratling Professor

Thanks! Wow. I thought the stuff would have to be older to be waaay expensive.