1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A story where Harry makes a horcrux...

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Orm Embar, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

I've been thinking about this for awhile now, and it seems like it could be good if it was pretty well-written. So far I've gone through most of the Dark Harry section in the library, and done some searching for stories with horcrux in the title on FF.net.

While I've come across numerous stories with Harry performing various dark rituals, either to enhance his abilities, or free himself, I've never seen a Horcrux!Harry story. Honestly, Harry taking out a little insurance policy on his life isn't so far-fetched, is it? So, essentially, I'm just asking around to see if anyone here has come across a well-written story with this concept in it.

If you know of a decent story involving this, please, tell me. Just don't bother if it's plot is poor or it has more grammatical errors than a Texas roadsign has holes.

Thanks.

2. Augurey

Augurey Backtraced

Some of us are still hoping that Harry and Bellatrix will do some freaky shit like make each other into horcruxes in Only Enemies.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

4. Alcibiades

Alcibiades First Year

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  5. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Thanks for this. I went through and looked at the stories you suggested. The Return was good, but it looks like Taure has abandoned it. (Last update was sometime in October) Dimension Hopping was hilarious; it hit on almost every major cliche in this fandom. I liked the Hitchhikers' Guide reference at the end, too.

6. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

I've read a horcrux!Harry story long ago. Harry made lots of them in that story. One of the item used was a sweater that Molly send him on his first year in Hog.

Though the story was way too retarded.

7. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

There was a retarded smut incest fic on FicWad called The Horrors of Harry's Horcrux or something like that. Didn't read very far, don't recommend it, don't feel like digging up the link, don't know if the author changed the title. It included time travel BTW.

Didn't Demon God of Chaos use this concept a long while ago?

8. phoenix_rage

phoenix_rage First Year

Traitorous: PostOP, includes HBP. Dark!Harry. In his sixth year at Hogwarts Harry Potter suddenly disappears. He reappears months later almost unrecognizable,a Death Eater and apprentice to the Dark Lord himself. But Harry is not content to remain a servant for long.Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Adventure/General - Chapters: 13 - Words: 78,971 - Reviews: 414 - Updated: 9-22-08 - Published: 6-3-07

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3572996/1/

The Birth of Evil: Tom Riddle was able to use magic long before he received a wand. In this AU, Harry has the same grasp on his magic...and a hatred for Muggles... Watch the birth of evil. Smart!Dark!Evil!Harry, All 7 YearsHarry Potter - Rated: T - English - General - Chapters: 1 - Words: 25,904 - Reviews: 283 - Published: 3-15-08 - Harry P. - Complete

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4133028/1/The_Birth_of_Evil

9. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

I second this story.

10. phoenix_rage

phoenix_rage First Year

But sadly its abandoned. Traitorous is the best 'Harry slowly descending to darkness' story I ever read.

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Er, it is? Did you guess or is that official?

Because my last status regarding Traitorous was much the same as with Only Enemies -- not abandoned, only very sporadic updates.

12. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

I don't think it's abandoned? Just really long updates.

13. phoenix_rage

phoenix_rage First Year

Well I certainly hope its not abandoned, but the last update was nine months ago.

I found another story where Harry makes a Horcrux. But it is a 'Light Harry' Fic and I found it too boring to read.

The Seventh Horcrux by Melindaleo2000
    Rating: PG-13
    The hunt for the Horcruxes begins. Harry has to decide who to trust as he moves closer to fulfilling his destiny. Will he be able to find and destroy all the Horcruxes? And at what price? Will he be able to find the strength within himself - the Power the Dark Lord Knows Not - in order to succeed in vanquishing Voldemort? And...can he do it and still get the girl? Join Harry and his faithful friends on their quest to finally defeat a Dark Lord.

http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/melindaleo2000/TSH.html

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  14. Portus

Portus Heir

I'll second the recommendation of The-Caitiff's story. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, it was a shock and a surprise when I got to the end and realized what Harry'd done. And yes, I'm either naive or stupid...

I remember reading this story, but not anything about Harry making a Horcrux in it. I could of course be wrong (no seriously; it has happened), and it's been a couple years since I read it, but I recall Melindaleo using liberal amounts of MarySue and TrueLove!Ginny, but not anything as dark as Harry making a Horcrux.

Personally, why wouldn't we use or advocate other methods of gaining or approaching immortality? In Goblet, Voldemort tells his lackeys that "one or more of [his] experiments had worked" such that he lived through the Killing Curse rebounding on him. I have a couple ideas about other ways Voldemort could've survived. I don't want to hijack this thread, but does anyone else have ingenious ways they've thought of?

15. phoenix_rage

phoenix_rage First Year

I mentioned in my post that Harry is 'light' in that fic. He didn't make the horcrux to become immortal.

I just found another fic were Harry makes a Horcrux. I am just starting to read it.

When Vernon Didn't Miss by DrT

http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/drt/WVDM.html

Rating: R - Spoilers: PS/SS, CoS, PoA, GoF, OotP, HBP, DH, QTTA, FB, JKR - 71529 hits - 84469 words
    Genre: Action, Alternate Universe - Main character(s): Dum, H, Hr, Luna - Ships: H/Hr - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years
    After Harry's first year, Vernon Dursley tried to hit Harry, but missed, and so Harry was locked away for the summer. What if Vernon hadn't missed?
    Published: December 2, 2007 (between Deathly Hallows and Beedle the Bard) - Updated: December 21, 2008

16. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    In the Melindaleo story I think - it's been forever since I've read it so bear with me - that Hermione tricks Harry into making a horcrux from Voldemort's death, thus taking the piece of Voldemort's soul inside him and putting it into a snitch. The story isn't bad if you can deal with the massive amount of angst and true love.

17. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Oh fuck, I remember that fic. Had some utterly lulzy moments, to be honest, but in my opinion, considering the number of OCs, contrived shipping, and just plain stupidness, it wasn't worth a damn thing on my radar.

18. phoenix_rage

phoenix_rage First Year

I agree, I gave up trying to read it after enduring a few chapters.

19. phoenix_rage

phoenix_rage First Year

The Power Harry has been feeling lethargic since his tenth birthday when suddenly he has more energy than he needs. AU story for all seven years. HarryMulti nothing serious. SmartPowerful!Harry.Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - General/Humor - Chapters: 25 - Words: 47,425 - Reviews: 1100 - Updated: 8-25-09 - Published: 1-26-06 - Harry P. - Complete

This story definitely isn't DLP standard.

20. Trojan Knight

Trojan Knight Third Year

It actually had a decent plot but the standard kept on deteriorating. And I didn't like the super Harry! it was turning out to be. Followed it for a while but don't know how it's moving now.

But is it a story where Harry creates a horcrux?

I don't remember reading it, then again it should be from new chapters.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009