1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Chronicles of the Dark Lord by She Who Must Not Be Named - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Oz, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Title: The Chronicles of the Dark Lord.
    Author: She Who Must Not Be Named
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama, Horror/Dark, Angst
    DLP Category: Dark Arts
    Pairing: None
    Summary:
    Part One: The Chronicles Of The Dark Lord, By Miss Hermione Granger...And with the Second Rising of the Dark Lord so began the final years of the Boy Who Lived, and it must be asked that had we done something different, had he not lost so much, would we have been able to change that which followed. And I myself must bear the burden of knowing that I too aided in his downfall, for I lost not only my friend, but also my hope to him.
    Part Two: The Chronicles Of The Dark Lord, By Miss Hermione Granger...This is the other side of the story, the one no one wants to hear and the one they refused to listen too. I write in the hope that it will relieve some of the guilt I bear knowing that it was my actions that led to this demise. I only hope he can forgive me, for I did only what I thought was right, only what I thought would save my friend.
    Link: Part One: and Part Two:

One the first fics I ever read, and one of the few Dark Harry Story's I've actually liked and I feel it deserves a place in the Library. The angst isn't too bad and the atmosphere throughout the story was written pretty well. The two of them come in at 34 chapters and 140,000 words and are well worth reading in my humble opinion.
    4/5 from me.

2. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Haha, haven't read it yet, but having seen what site it's on, I'm wary of proceeding. I'll come back when I've read more.

Edit: It certainly isn't bad. Despite my earlier reservations, 4/5.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  3. Marsupial

Marsupial Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I read this shortly after it was completed; I was splitting my time between ff.net and hpff at that point. My recollection is hazy at best, but I remember it as being well written and containing a believable decent from good!Harry to DarkLord!Harry. I'll refrain from an actual rating since its been a while, but memory says its in the 4/5 realm. Mind you my taste in fics was markedly worse then, so I'm not sure what the rating is honestly worth.

4. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

I could have sworn that this one has already passed through the site. I know that I've at very least started reading it.

5. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

I think that was a different story, with the same name.

6. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

and the same description?

I bet that Part one came through at some point, Part two isn't at all familiar, but I know I've read part one.

7. Dirk Diggory

Dirk Diggory Seventh Year

This story blows. 100000 words of Harry being a massive bitch. The depths to which his incompetence sinks defies words. Throwing his wand away, letting Voldemort control him, letting Malfoy use the cruciatus on him without doing anything ... literally, the story is hundreds of pages without harry doing a SINGLE thing except being victimized by various circumstances. When your story makes Canon Harry look like an assertive supercompetent hero you have reached the depths of shittiness.

Mega fail.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  8. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

It's been a while since I read it but from what I can remember it's...average.

Sure the characterization and writing style is good and so is the general plot but there just isn't enough action to keep any reader interested for long (the high level of angst and Potter being a bitch doesn't help matters either) the only big thing it has going for it is the fact that it's finished (what compelled me to push through to the end at least). Plus the way Harry killed Ron was lame.

The chapters I liked most (or disliked least, take your pick) are the 14th and 15th but the author ruins the whole thing with the end, IMO. Tough I must admit I'm a little biased since I don't like the whole redemption crap. (I'm not even going to put a spoiler warning on that, it's that predictable.

3/5 (Not a great fic, but passable if you just want an excuse to procrastinate.)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  9. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I have to agree with Diggory. I read some of the first few chapters. And its pretty boring and Harry's a pussy who doesn't really do much. He acts like a defenseless child. I'd give it a 2/5 for the first story. Not even going to bother with the second.

10. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

Actually, complete edit here. This isn't horrible as I thought it would be, but there are some little things that annoyed me in the first chapter. After that, it is definitely picking up. I'm willing to give this a shot.

It seems to be worth a 3.5/5 as far as I've read.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  11. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

I can remember reading this, a long time ago. Probably the first Dark!Harry I came across.

Might check it out.