1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

First Impressions of Dresden Files Comic

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Novamute, Apr 17, 2008.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Novamute

Novamute Third Year

I purchased the first issue of the Dresden Files comic book today. It is a four issue mini-series called "Welcome to the Jungle." I believe that it is supposed to take place just before the events in Storm Front. That being said after reading the issue I still have my reservations about the artwork. I think that Harry looks pretty damn good, but that the women, Murphy especially, still look a bit "mannish." That aside, the writing is pretty damn good, considering that Butcher is doing it. It definitely reads like the books, which is very nice. So my final verdict would be to flip through it at the comic shop and decide if you want it. I will continue to purchase new issues for the time being.

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've looked at the artwork, though I haven't actually bought them. As Novamute said Harry looked awesome, though Murphy's looks didn't really bother me seeing as she is Kickass!CopGirl. The only thing that really bothered me was Carmichel. He's one of my favorite characters and the comic looks nothing like what I imagined...

3. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

I haven't watched the TV-show and won't read this even though I'm seriously tempted. Don't want to be stuck with characters who don't look like I imagined them. God I HATE the HP movies for that, one would think Warner intentionally tried to make every single character look different then described. (I mean..Moody wtf? he looks like something out of my little cousins toy collection. And my cousin is 3).

Sorry for getting off topic -.-

4. Novamute

Novamute Third Year

It seems to me that Carmichael looks like some weird cross between Sam from Spawn and Friar Tuck.

Not open for further replies.