PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Problems in Ubuntu

Drake
04-18-2008, 07:54 AM
I just installed Ubuntu 8.04 yesterday and found that it could not connect to my Linksys wireless network. It recognizes that there is a wireless network there, but every time I try to connect it fails to do so. I was wondering if anyone knew what might be the problem. If it helps I use a Netgear WG311v2.

Nukular Winter
04-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Good Luck (http://ubuntuforums.org/search.php?searchid=39510764) (Padding)

JoJo23
04-18-2008, 05:45 PM
See if you can access your wireless router,
I think the standard ip is 192.168.1.1

Richard
04-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Do you have a password set for logging onto your wireless? I'd recommend setting one if you didn't already.

LogrusMage
04-19-2008, 06:28 PM
I just installed Ubuntu 8.04 yesterday and found that it could not connect to my Linksys wireless network. It recognizes that there is a wireless network there, but every time I try to connect it fails to do so. I was wondering if anyone knew what might be the problem. If it helps I use a Netgear WG311v2.

Wooboy. Linux hates wireless users for some reason... you might want to wait until Hardy is out of beta though, its in like 5 days -_-.

My laptop runs the beta and has no trouble connecting to my linksys network with my Netgear card. I'd wait for the beta to be over and get a fresh install, see if that helps.

Drake
08-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Alright it's been awhile, but I finally went and installed the full version of Hardy. I'm having the same problems still.

@Richard: My router doesn't have a password set on it, so that's not the problem.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Is there some set-up thing that I might have forgotten to do?

Militis
08-25-2008, 08:44 PM
This is old, but perhaps still works?

http://ge.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php?t=51993

Also, did you upgrade from Beta, or did you do a clean install? It COULD have some effect if you just upgraded. Some config file might have been kept from Beta or something. I'm not too great with wireless, as my Dell POS wireless didn't work until Hardy - and even then I have to reboot multiple times to get it to connect.

Good luck.

Drake
08-25-2008, 09:55 PM
I got it working. For everyone that helped me get to this point I say thank you. I am editing this message from Linux :p