PDA

View Full Version : Serious Short Story Challenge (i.e. Plot is necessary, not just smut)

Nuhuh
04-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Alright, some of you have seen these before, being members of BD too, but since this place is more active (understatement), I am posting it here as well.

Because the goal is more fanfiction.

Challenge! Accept! Write!

---------

By the powers vested in me I challenge Vash the Unholy to a one shot of doom!

Borne of our brainstorming on something else entirely (as far as I can remember, it was late and I was tired)

What if in Small Favor Dresden's rage got the better of him on his mission to rescue Ivy, What if seeing a helpless girl tortured and a loyal friend murdered got too much, and he reached into the darkness to find a familiar fallen angel?

---------

By the powers I freely abuse, I challenge The Man of Many Names, Surrarin to survive the crucible of a one shot!

In an unusual turn of events Charity Carpenter visits Dresden with Molly in his office (Pre proven guilty). Molly and her girlfriends have a problem, Charity thinks Dresden can help, Molly doesn't want to be there.

It's the case of the elusive panties thief! (spoilers available in the special members section)

---------

By the powers wielded sexily, I challenge The one armed with edged words of steel, Tinnari the Frenchmaidto walk the one shot firepit!

By unlucky coincidence, two women who love(d) Harry Dresden become trapped in a place, stuck between the forces of the White Council and Red Court. While both siding with White Council, reluctantly or fully, the women soon become adversaries learning of their histories with the same man. Cutting into the other for their failures as a lover, how will they spend the night, when creatures of darkness could attack at any moment.

A glimpse into the hearts of Susan and Elaine, and who will go further to protect Harry Copperfield Blackstone Dresden.

...and so it begins! muhahaha!

---------

From Vash:

But ... I see no one has challenged Nuhuh, I shall take the opportunity to do so.

Perhaps, I wondered some years later, if Gard had been quicker in recovering the chopper from its uncontrolled flight... Or if the doctors had done just a bit more, a these children would still have a father, this woman a husband. I had expected (And probably hoped just a little) that Charity would shout and blame me (I blamed my self, after all.) for what happened to her husband. But she hadn't. “Families stay, Harry.” She'd said.

I could probably count the years on one had since then (or maybe it just seemed that way), but here was another Christmas I had been invited to dinner with the remaining Carpenters. And Charity was asking (in fewer, far more subtle words than I could ever manage) for something I wasn't certain I should give.

D: Tl;Dr.

Tinn Tam
04-23-2008, 01:21 PM
By the powers wielded sexily, I challenge The one armed with edged words of steel, Tinnari the Frenchmaidto walk the one shot firepit!

By unlucky coincidence, two women who love(d) Harry Dresden become trapped in a place, stuck between the forces of the White Council and Red Court. While both siding with White Council, reluctantly or fully, the women soon become adversaries learning of their histories with the same man. Cutting into the other for their failures as a lover, how will they spend the night, when creatures of darkness could attack at any moment.

A glimpse into the hearts of Susan and Elaine, and who will go further to protect Harry Copperfield Blackstone Dresden.

One hell of a catfight coming.

Accepted. Will get to it as soon as I can stop studying without instantly falling asleep -- I swear I'm suffering from narcolepsia.

Anyway, are we going to be the only three writing something? No one else up for a accepting or giving a challenge?