1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official Book 7 speculation Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Well... Voldemort is going to die in the end. I see that happening no matter what. I'd like Harry to go with him but I just don't think JKR will let that happen, despite what everyone is saying about her hating Harry. It just strays off the 'Good always wins!' path too much I guess.

Won't focus of pairings that much. If it does, the book is going to be similar to the Half-Baked Plot. Harry and his friends have no time for that shit. If its included then its filler.

Harry a Horcrux? Maybe but unlikely. Ginny a Horcrux? Probably less likely. Would be an interesting twist though... having Harry kill her.

That's enough. I have more but I'll let the rest of you go at it.

3. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

I doubt JK would be audacious enough to kill one of the main teenage characters. There would be outrage = lost money = ain't gonna happen.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Maybe Harry + Ginny are both Horcruxes... So they can off each other after Harry kills Voldemort.

That twisted double suicide of lovers would almost certainly appeal to the crazed Harry/Ginny half of the fandom.

*shudders at the thought*

5. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I think we will be seeing more of Slughorn, I don't think she is done with him yet, every new professor that doesn't die in the end are always shown at least one more time.

I think she said that she will do more with Umbridge too.

I am expecting something about Draught of Living Death, we first hear of it in first year and then again in sixth year. Either that was what Dumbledore had and his death was staged or Hermione is going to whip one up so they could trick Voldemort for one reason or another.

I am still wondering about that Love Potion plot and whether it has run its course.

Thats about all I can think of right now.

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

You have no idea how badly my eye is twiching because of this idea.

7. Master Slytherin

Ginny: "Harry, Harry wherefore art thou Harry?
    Deny thy destiny and refuse thy name"

Harry: "Call me but love, and I'll be new baptis'd;
    Henceforth I will never be Harry."

8. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

WOW... Romeo and Juliet + cannon Harry Potter.... *shudders at the thought*

9. Master Slytherin

I'm just the messenger. That's what most hardcore H/G shippers imagine.

10. Violent Seas

Violent Seas Sixth Year

well, it'd be interesting to have one big plot twist and have voldie destroy harry (at the kid's level right now, voldie should have no problem whatsoever), and see a massive persecution of the muggle race, and the entire world fall into the hands of evil.

lmao. that would be pretty funny....all those little H/G'ers out there would overwhelm her with letters....

my question is, how the fuck is the last word supposed to be "scar"? (something i read on some other forum a long time ago, which said that she said that the last word of the 7th book was going to be scar....)

11. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

This sure is an interesting thread. Me and my friends have been guessing on this since we finished reading HBP. One thing we came out with is that it's possible that there is an eighth horcrux. If you remember, Dumbledore once told Harry that Volemort must have accidentally transfered a PART of his SOUL when he attacked Godric's Hollow on October 31, 1981. So it's possible that during that night, a part of Voldemort's soul was given to Harry, creating another division of his soul, resulting in Harry accidentally being a Horcrux.

But that's just our guess.

12. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

Harry will beat Voldemort purely by luck, but with a little help from his love for Ginny...

... sigh...

It's almost not worth reading, but hey I've made it this far, so one book can't do much more damage that the others already did, right? Did that even make sense?

13. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Hmm... Something to the effect of:

"It was no longer possible to even tell there had ever been a scar."

But that's just my opinion. I think that in the end she'll have the scar disappear (as will Harry after a few years) allowing the guy to finally have the peace and quiet he's always sought.

-bornagainpenguin

14. bornagainpenguin

Nah...that's the Harry and Draco slashers... it's 'okay' for him and Ginny to date-- in fact everyone but Ron seems to like it, and as we've seen in both JKR's and her fans works, Ron's opinions don't count. Bleh! :GDie1

Nah--its Draco and Harry = Romeo and Juliet. :puke:

--bornagainpenguin

PS: Why is it that everyone forgets how young the kids in Romeo and Juliet are? Or the fact that it's not a love story; its a fucking tragedy!

15. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I'm almost certain it will end with Ginny giving birth to Harry's child: "On the baby's forehead was visible a familiar looking lightbolt-shaped scar".

Whether Harry will be alive to witness it or not - who knows. At the moment, I'm inclined towards "no", but that may change.

16. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

You guys are bigoted and short-sighted fools, ganging up on Harry and Ginny like that. I like Ginny, she's so spunky(could mean cum-dumpster), funny and vivacious. Book 6 wouldn't be as good as it was without the H/G pairing. As to you idiots out there who think she used a love potion on Harry, PSHAW! She's too good and too sweet to do that.

*snickers at the drivel he stole from various H/G shippers*

I'm thinking Voldemort would be vanquished by Harry's pink beams of love. Ah, and of course, let's not forget that Harry *will* eventually marry Ginny towards the end of book 7. Can't disappoint the fangirls.

*gag*

17. Goddess of Ran

Sweet? SWEET?! This is the same Ginny who grew up with Fred and George. Calling her sweet would be like saying Fred and George aren't pranksters in any sense. I'm still sticking with the theory my friends and I came up with. It's the theory we came up with since along with hearing that the alst word would be scar there was another one where they said Harry would die in Book 7.

18. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

Book 6 ruined canon for me. I'm looking more forward to the latest chapters of the fic I'm following than book 7.

P.S. Ginny is really sweet. Don't let others convince you otherwise... :twisted:

19. bornagainpenguin

You don't say? Heh... I'm probably not even going to download it this time. Book six was the first I'd actually went out and bought--hell book six was the first hard cover book I'd bought in my life brand new.. Thanks JKR! I'll be sure to use the lessons you taught me to not waste my money on the next book!

Oh I know! Ginny really is a sweet girl, she's just a violent maniac...

--bornagainpenguin (who offers a glamours no-prize to anyone who gets the comparison)

20. Goddess of Ran

Too late for that. I personally never really wanted Ginny to end up with Harry even before I began reading fanfics. She fell in love with the BWL, not Harry Potter. She's just a gold digger before I began to read fanfics.

Now, she's an obstacle in Harry's path and all obstacles will be eliminated one way or another.

:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist.