1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Iron Man

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by LogrusMage, May 2, 2008.

1. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

It's 3am. I just got out of Iron Man, an advanced screening (my bro works at the theater).

Fucking. Amazing.

I'm geeking the fuck out right now. Marvel equivalent of Batman Begins, and dare I say it, even better.

The graphics were amazing. RDJr Does a GREAT job as Tony Stark. And the BIG LEBOWSKI himself has a big role. The humor was perfect, and it balanced the drama just like in the comic/cartoon.

I won't ruin anything, but the movie is set AMAZINGLY for a sequal.

STAY FOR THE CREDITS. There is an AWESOME scene post-credits you NEED to see. It has left me frothing at the mouth in geekdom.

Three words. Samuel. L. Jackson.

There were a few slow parts, but this is a most definitely the first of a series. The final scene (post-credits) makes it clear an AWESOME sequel is on the way (I PRAY).

I won't give it away, b/c I want you call to experience the same GEEK-chill that shot up my spine when I heard it.

I recc this movie to EVERYBODY, especially comic-book fans.

My ONLY gripe: I would have liked to see a bit more of Iron Man and a bit less of Tony Stark. However, I'm not really complaining =D.

PS: Stan Lee's cameo is perfect, and left me rolling.

2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Ah fuck you! I'm so hyped to see it tonight :p

Question: Is Samuel L. Jackson yelling pointlessly? It's not a true SLJ movie unless he's yelling.

3. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I just got back from my own screening...

I can honesty not even begin to describe just how freaking epic this movie was. I think I just had multiple orgasms.

I'm glad they didn't overdue the iron man suit too much, while it was liquid awesomeness, it was just the right amount of screen time in my opinion.

Every line out of Starks mouth was great. Every joke made me giggle like a catholic school girl on ecstasy. Every plot twist had me at the end of my seat.

I honestly doubt I will see a better movie for a long time. Even the dark knight has a long way to go before it even competes with this movie.

The best line in this entire movie...

well I don't want to spoil it but just before the credits role in front of the reporters... He is my God!

4. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Ok that's enough. I'm jealous. I used to love the cartoon never read the comic.
    Sad :( I won't be seeing this at least till sunday.

5. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Not really, just being a bad mother fucker. He only has one line.

Still, no joke, my friend said (during the movie), "This would be the most BMF movie EVER, except Samuel L Jackson isn't in it."

When he came on screen we both fucking flipped =D.

6. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

Just saw it. Epic. Lots of nice comic stuff, with a nice touch of realism and sarcasm. The whole thing about SHIELD made me quite happy, and though I did not watch the whole credits I know that they are planing it to be a trio with RDjr already signing on.

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Bah. Fuck Iron Man, he killed Captain America. :(

8. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Speaking of Cap, isn't his movie coming out 2009 or something? Still I won't hold it against Tony, even though I want to. The movie looks too BA to do that.

9. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Yes Sree, but he killed him in style. Plus, it's only Cap.

Rabbit: Yeah I think it's set for release on the 4th July, 2009. Incidently, in the comics, Steve Rogers was born on 4 July 1917. Which means this film is slated for a release on Rogers' 92nd birthday. It is also the 233rd birthday of the United States of America. (Quoted from IMDB).

I think Fury (Samuel L) will be taking a damn big role in Cap's film, and no doubt he'll feature heavily in the next Iron Man movie. From what I've heard, they plan to make a lot more movies with many linking characters. The upcoming 'Wolverine' movie (Featuring GAMBIT!! ZEE OH EM GEE!) is a good example.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Whaddya mean, only Cap?! Not only that, he totally screwed over the entire Marvel universe for personal gain. Fucking leader of SHIELD now. Is it worth it? EVEN HE REALIZES IT'S NOT.

11. Lindow

Lindow Professor DLP Supporter

Really liked this movie, glad I read this thread beforehand or else I would have never known to stay till the end of the credits to watch the Samuel L. Jackson scene. Favorite line had to be when he said, "I am Iron Man" for some reason I got a real kick out of that. Also the opening scene in the humvee was good too.

12. Atomic Lightning-bug

Atomic Lightning-bug Second Year DLP Supporter

Careful, that may count as a spoiler. And yes, geek orgasms were abound when my firends and I went last night.

13. X-Man

X-Man Second Year

Yeah I agree with Sree. Although the movie was good, but I can easily see Stark turning evil like he is in the comics.

14. Humbolt

Humbolt Seventh Year

Goddamit. I tried to go last night but the fucking tickets were fucking sold out. So instead we saw the shit-fest that was Leatherheads.

15. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I was wondering when they were going to finally have SLJ as Nick Fury. Fuck they turned the character from an old white guy into a old black guy, and modeled him off of SLJ according to marvel, in the Ultimate universe, and various video games, like Ultimate Alliance

16. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

Just think of it like he's Ultimate Iron Man, who is fucking awesome.

17. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

I never liked Ultimate Iron Man that much. Not compared to some of his other versions. I happened to back Iron Man during the Civil War. But then I've always been a fan of both him and anarchy.

I doubt the movies will make him evil. Not for a while at least. The Marvel movie franchise will have to get grounded before it can do something like that. With Iron Man going evil it would have to include plot-lines from the Civil War. This means The Avengers. Thor. More in-depth X-men. A better Spiderman plot. Fantastic 4. Black Panther, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Moon Knight etc.

I can see it happening, but not for a very long time. Then again, if the recent surge in comic book movies is to be any sign of whats to come, I'm very hopeful. God knows I cannot freaking wait for Watchmen.

18. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Just saw it and... damn,, I think this takes the slot that Batman Begins has as my favorite Superhero movie (The sequel might take it though). This was very well done, and I applaud the director (forgot his name but he's a decent actor too) for keeping at least the spirit of the comic in tact, unlike shitty Xmen 3...

19. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Christ, don't even bring up fucking X-3. I think it's the only instance where I truly hated Halle Berry - it was her bitchmoaning about her insignificant roles in the first two movies that helped drag down the plot.

@Jenkins: They'll probably never get around to the Civil War plot. The only way they could go into that kind of detail is to go the animated mini-series route. Or a legit live-action series, a la Smallville (but less WB tween girl oriented).

20. J22

J22 Seventh Year

Saw this myself not long ago... pretty epic. I checked the IMDB page for this and it turns out that Stark (RDjr) is going to be in the shitty-looking new Hulk movie, I wonder if Fury will show up in that as well...?