1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bunnies of the Plots!~

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by RagefulLlama, Jan 25, 2006.

1. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

I'm not a writer or anything but I was just thinking that for any of you who want to do a dark or independant Harry that is the heir of Grindelwald.

What happens is that since Dumbledore never said how he actually defeated Grindelwald. That he either cast a spell on him that sealed off Grindelwalds magic after he casts a final spell or after Grindelwald expends a certain amount of magical energy.

By not actually killing Grindelwald, Dumbledore is upholding his 'light' ideals, and by sealing his magic he has 'defeated' grindelwald. Dumbledore allowed Grindelwald that amount of magical energy/the final spell for 'atonement for his crimes', since Dumbledore seems to have a thing for trying to reform people.

Realizing the he has been defeated Grindelwald goes and (I don't know timelines so either or) cast a blood adoption spell/ritual or something to that affect, where some of his natural tendencies towards violence and darkness will pass through her line. He would choose someone of a certain magical potential that is not a pureblood for fear that in the aftermath Dumbledore would be watching the pureblood families to closely and he wants to optimize his chances for revenge. Anyway if Lily is alive during Grindelwalds fall (I doubt it but if...) the he performs the spell/ritual.

If Lily isn't alive at the time he would enchant something like a necklace or a bracelet that would draw or attract someone of the correct potential suitablt to carry on his line while avoiding certain elements on the criteria above. When Lily eventually comes across it, it would pass on those dark tendencies and would bind her to his line or something like that.

Eventually sometime during his time at Hogwarts one of the teachers will give him the enchanted item saying that his mother would have wanted him to have it or something like that and he wears it as his only momento. Now once in contact with Harry it would sense the changes of it's 'line' that it started in Lily and would give him a predisposition towards the dark arts allowing him to learn them easier. Or if you want to you can have it so that Grindelwalds conciousness or something is in the momento and slowly wispers into Harry's mind and seduces him to darkness :twisted:.

WHat do you guys think?

2. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

Its a interesting idea, i think ive only seen 1 heir of grindleward(sp?) fanfic before, so it definitly be something new >_> If someone wrote it, id read it

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

It'd be more interesting if Grimdewald was still alive... Like he used some of Hitler's/Mengele's research results on Jews and frozen himself to await the arival of his heir.

If you do an AU, you could have Grimdewald there instead of Mrs Figgs - crazy old man that starts teaching Harry magic at an early age.

Or he's Flitch - once Harry is born, he is unfrozen. He changes his appearance somewhat and applies as a caretaker in wait for Harry...

You can also have him replace Vernon, but that's a harder sell coz of all the wards...

Or, for some voice/spirit bunnies:

Maybe he had planned to take over his heir's mind and thus gain a new body for his reign of terror. Unfortunately, he never forseen Voldemort hitting Harry with an AK. He's pushed back to subconscience and can only be a voice in Harry's head. So, he tries to manipulate Harry into doing something that could bring Grim back in control.

Or, if you wan't it post-OOTP, he was unconscious for 15 years and was awaken when Voldemort tried to posses Harry (which is why he was in such a pain).

4. ShadowedDarkness

ShadowedDarkness Second Year

This would be interesting to read, a still alive Grindewald takes young Harry under his wing. Eventually Harry could try and find a counter for the spell dumbledore cast and then you have grandfather and son fighting side by side to take over the world. As for Grindewald fics, isn't Dakath one?

5. DGD

DGD Headmaster

You have no idea how close I was to posting a challenge almost identical to this. But yeah, I'd read it.