1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Silver Mercury by Emeraldjewel - T - Starwars Crossover

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Oujou Akaash, May 14, 2008.

1. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Title: Silver Mercury
    Author: Emeraldjewel
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Sci-Fi
    Chapters: 24
    Words: 110,688
    Updated: June 5, 2007
    Published: July 1, 2005

Summary: Star Wars and Final Fantasy VII. Witness the union of the greatest game ever created with the cherished saga of a galaxy far, far away... COMPLETED.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2464723/1/Silver_Mercury

You know, i read many crossovers or just stand alone star wars fics but this one takes the cake. Star wars crossovers with Final Fantasy 7.

When i read it, i thought, wtf, is the author serious? And as i read along, the story gets more complicated and more real (well, realism for the games of both) and it became more enjoyable to read.

This is a read that does not disappoint. It's too bad there are only over 80 reviews. This is one amazing story all you fans out there should read.

4/5 -1 because there are some parts I don't disagree with.

Sequel:

Title: Deepground Rebellion
    Chapters: 2
    Words: 3,455
    Published: October 13, 2008
    Summary: Star Wars/Final Fantasy VII. Sequel to Silver Mercury. The Galactic Empire has ruled Vincent Valentine's planet for a year. Now they must deal with a surviving threat from beneath Midgar.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4593369/2/Deepground-Rebellion

checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012
    Added the Sequel

I moved it into the Recycling Bin, because the reviews indicate 3/5 - 4/5. The thread rating is based on just one vote.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

I just read chapters 1-5.

They aren't bad. For the crossover, that's saying something. Sith-Sephiroth would be pretty cool, I must say.

Anyways, I'll keep reading unless it gets emo (as Cloud usually does) or just plain stupid (as a majority of crosses go).

3. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

The author follows all the characters pretty much the same as the movie. It's amazing how he gets even the most mysterious oddities, emotions of characters and other such things right. So, yeah there is gonna be some angst following Cloud, as always but he gets out of it.

4. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I read a Sherlock Holmes/Star Wars crossover not too long ago. As soon as you've got a way to transplant Earth into the Star Wars galaxy (or just cheat by ignoring the 'galaxy far far away' part), it's crossover time.

5. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

The main issue I had with Silver Mercury was that it had these HUGE MAJOR SWEEPING CHANGES, yet the plot stays exactly the fucking same. Lame.