1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Simply a Matter of Time by Mila - K+

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Dark Syaoran, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Title: Simply a Matter of Time
    Author: Mila
    Pairings: None
    Catagory: General
    Summary: AU-COS // WIP // Dobby's efforts have paid off: the Weasleys couldn't rescue Harry from the Dursley household. But when the house-elf returns to see how the wizard is faring, he finds Harry starving. He decides that the safest place for Harry will be Hogwarts, and apparates him to Platform 9¾ ... on 1 September 1971...

Link: Potions and Snitches

My summary: Harry and Severus friendship story. I guess this scares a few of you away already.

Only two chapters so far but I like it. Original idea of time-travel, never seen a house-elf send someone back through time like that unless it was humor. Some might see this as stupid, as how could a house-elf do something like that, but at least its different.

The Department of Mysteries finds him a new identity and all that with a believable cover story so if people snoop they wont find shit, like protected witness thingo in the real world. Realistic way of making sure Harry doesnt fuck with the time-line any by blurting shit out.

Harry's sorted into Slytherin after witnessing his father being a cock-block. I know a lot dont like that but Sirius and James look to be total dickheads in this. What's really different is that James is the only person apart from Snape that he knows in the student population. This is during CoS so he doesnt know who Sirius, Peter and Remus are.

This could go along way I reckon.

2. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Looks pretty interesting looking forward to characters like Lucius Malfoy and Bellatrix Black appearing.

3. razz

razz Seventh Year

This is really great, I enjoyed it a lot. Definately worth the time.

:D

4. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

This is totaly off topic but i have a quick question. Are most people at potion's and snitchs James haters? Do they tend to make AU storys where James a tosser the whole story and then it ends with Snape marrying Lilly? B/c if that happens i dont even want to read this fic. I can stand an AU snape, and i understand that james was a tosser at first, but dont touch the Lilly/James pairing.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Err... the site is about Harry and Snape. No slash. Mentor stories, friendship, ect... there are some Snape-is-Harry's-father but not all of them are like that.

James was a dickhead. Most of his Hogwarts career anyway and since this is First Year for them, he was probably a dick. He didnt mature until Seventh Year I think... thats was Remus told Harry at any rate.

So no, its not all Snape/Lily. Maybe some, definitely not all.

6. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

I thnk I'll go check out this story and while I'm at it the site it is on, both look interesting.

7. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

The only reason why I ask is b/c I have a serious problem with snape/lilly. To give you an idea of just how much I hate it…I would rather read a H/D slash Mpreg then a Snape/Lilly.

8. razz

razz Seventh Year

Dude, that is more than a serious problem. *shudders.

:shock:

9. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

The story is good for a start, Needs more carector development. :twisted:

10. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Uhh, yes. Need a valid link. This one isn't working for me.

11. Helius

Helius Third Year

Looks like their domain name expired, though the site might be back up and running someday. Too bad there's no fanfiction.net link.

12. Bratling

Bratling Professor

Potions and Snitches has been back up for several days now. It's a pretty good site...

13. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

Time Traveling Dobby ahoy!

The part where Harry's tossed into the past pre-Book 3 is pretty unique, though. He doesn't know a thing about any of the Marauders, and has no silly prior biases about them as a result.

Which begs the question, if people thought he's the spitting image of a prick like James, what does that really say about what people think about him?

14. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Does the author actually change something? Because I really, really hate reading AUs and Time Travel fics that don't actually change anything substantial.

The basic premise sounds quite interesting, though.

15. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

err honestly, the story is 2 chapters long and seems mightily abandoned to me, so no he doesn't get around to changing anything.
    it might be a decent premise for those who like a redeemed snape (which i don't), but this story is simply too short... it might have been good, but then many stories MIGHT have been good.

i wonder how it sneaked into the library

16. Subcomandante_Taco

Subcomandante_Taco Seventh Year

This was probably posted before the creation of the five star system back when they didn't have any rating system. How do I know that? If you go to old story topics they have no ratings so we can assume that back people just posted their stories on the library without putting it on For Review.

17. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

possibly, but we've been using the star system since before i joined over a year ago, so i still wonder why this wasn't ripped to pieces in the meantime.

18. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Because the last post before the link was requested was in Feb 06 and by the time the ratings system came around the fic had descended into obscurity, and thus, wasn't rated.

19. Charmed Writing

Charmed Writing Third Year DLP Supporter

I read what is up so far, looks like it will be an interesting story!