1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lost season finale

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Voice of the Nephilim, May 26, 2008.

1. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

The season finale of Lost is on Thursday. I was wondering if there were any other Lost fans on here, and if they had any thought on the finale, or the season as a whole.

2. neren

neren Slug Club Member

I think the season finale will be quite a shocker. Everything is falling into place and the present is quickly becoming like the flash forwards. I suppose we will get answers but they're probably going to leave us hanging, big time. I wonder how they'll move the island or how Ben will get himself out of the mess.

3. Voice of the Nephilim

With how 4 episodes ago, Ben was transported to the deserts of Tunsinia, wearing a parka that had the symbol of the "Orchid" station on it, I'd assume that wormhole travel is part of the research that went on in the "Orchid". As to how Ben escaped Keamy and his men, I'd assume that Ben has one last bargaining chip left, which is the entire reason Widmore has tried to find him. Don't forget that it seems Widmore and Ben cannot kill one another, and can only be coerced into actions.

As for moving the island, it can only be approached from a certain bearing, says Faraday. My guess is that the island itself isn't moved, but the orientation of the magnetic fields surrounding the island shift, making it impossible to approach from the former vector.

4. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Epileptic treeeeeeees.

5. neren

neren Slug Club Member

While I believe you are right about the magnetic fields, I think it is quite possible that they will physically move the island. Jack at the end of season 3 flies all over the world hoping that the plane would crash onto the island. He is unable to find it. I think that if the island were in the same physical location, Jack would have been able to find a plane that flew near the island.

6. Voice of the Nephilim

You may very well be right, but I'm reminded of the rocket that Faraday had someone on the freighter send to the island. According to distance calculations, the rocket should have been there in a set amount of time, say 30 seconds. It took what seemed like ten times that amount of time to arrive there. So something happens to create an obscuration, whether it's artificially enlarged pockets of space, or the shifting channels of the magnetic fields actually stretch out time, so that the loss occurs from the time differential.

As for Jack not being able to find the island in the same location, modern aviation is accomplished through radar. My guess is that Widmore was only able to find the island via the event that Locke initiated when the "Swan" went critical. By using that pin-point, the island was found. If the cloaking fields were to be changed, the navigational heading no longer is valid.

7. Darkmakr

Darkmakr Seventh Year

Lost hurts my brain. I've stopped trying to figure it out. I tried back in it's first season, but now I've stopped thinking and just watching.

8. Voice of the Nephilim

I can see how that can turn people off. I've personally found the high level of mystery to be very engaging and involving from the point of the viewer, as most shows don't really lend themselves to wild speculation with this wide a spectrum.

9. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I've been following it from the start, and still haven't missed an episode. I'm not that big of a fan, but I'm at the stage where it is better than what else is on and I do want to see how it ends.

On that note, this season has been the most interesting since the first for me. We're finally getting answers and focusing on the island, its purpose and the characters after they're rescued.

I won't see it till Sunday or Monday, as I'm an Aussie, but I have high hopes for it after the last couple episodes.

10. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I stopped following it this season, Fanfiction got in the way.:(

Is it really that good?

11. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

I stopped following because SKY bought it of channel 5. I don't have SKY, does anyone know where I can watch all the episodes online?

12. neren

neren Slug Club Member

You should be able to watch some of the episodes on ABC. I think most of this season's episode is online. If you want a more comprehensive resource search for surfthechannel on google.

13. Tehan

Don't ask for links to pirated material on a public forum, douchetard.

14. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

-_-;

Tehan, I know what he did was out of line, but bloody hell - he already got a valid, LEGAL answer from neren, more than two hours before you posted. It's no big deal.

Calm down dude :)

15. Tehan

What is it with people confusing my normal speech patterns with towering rage lately?

Maybe I'm a tad behind the times, I had no idea that TV shows were on the net legally. Doesn't this, y'know, completely undermine the whole television industry? Not to mention the seasons on DVD?

16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Considering NBC (and likely ABC, as well) has advertisements in its online version? Not really, no. They're getting paid just the same as if they were being shown on the actual television. The biggest difference is that you don't have to adhere to scheduling.

17. Voice of the Nephilim

Every episode is legally on the ABC website for viewing. No piracy required. Every single one, for those wishing to catch up.

18. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

That only works if your watching it in America.

I can't even watch it and I'm in Canada, just and hour from the border.

Edit: God Damn it.... Damn son of a...

This is why I stopped watching lost. The mystery's are so far fetched and ludicrous, yet they draw you in.

Now I have to wait a good few months till it starts again and even then it will be a good 5 or 6 episodes before I even begin to understand it.

...Damn it.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  19. Voice of the Nephilim

Wow. That episode certainly fucked with my expectations of what was going on. Work now, analysis of what might have happened tonight.

20. neren

neren Slug Club Member

Hmm, I was right. They did move the physical location of the island. Pretty wild episode. How on earth did Locke die? He was supposed to have been on the island with the Others. He obviously left at some point. Like Ben said, once you leave you don't come back. Did Locke move the island again or did something happen in between?