1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Full Metal Alchemist

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Stalicon, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

So what does everyone think of Alchemist, One of my favorite shows.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I enjoy it immensly. The show comes off as a show aimed at younger audiences, but the subtle mood shifts can keep any adult dubtly occupied - in thought at least.

3. Assassinator_of_Dumbledor

Assassinator_of_Dumbledor Raptured to Hell

i enjoy it as well. The blood and violence is great

4. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

I liked the manga, but couldn't stand the episde I saw.

5. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I loved the show, but the ending couldn't have been more frustrating. I watched the last episode and was just like, "Is that the end? WTF? What happens now? Come on!"

6. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

There is a movie that is suppose to be the last episode. Search it on youtube.com

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This show is... awesome. I cant get enough of it. I'm sure you've seen the small things I've been using in my stories that a based on FMA. Heh.

There is a movie and its supposed to show what happens after. I'll have to see it because I want to know.

Too bad the fanfictions from this fandom arent the best, though I have seen a few very good ones. I dont have links if your going to ask.

8. ixazncha0six

The movie is very good, it explains what happened when Edward went through the Gate.

Spoilers to the movie!

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

It will bring him to the "Real World." He will brought to Germany during world war 2 and it is historically correct.

9. Allowaycar

Allowaycar Second Year

There is better anime out there. Full Metal Alchemist is an okay show, however I think if the same plot and general idea would have been done with a more mature grown up theme, it would be alot better.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Wasnt much of a spoiler ixazncha0six... in the third last episode you see Ed in London during World War 2 and then again in Berlin at the end of the last episode, so you already know he is there and there during the war. It's just that people dont know what he's going to do there.

11. Lady Almaren

Lady Almaren Seventh Year

I like Full Metal. I wish it were aimed at more mature audience but it's still enjoyable. Better than Naruto I believe. Not saying that Naruto is a bad show but it's starting to turn into "the show that never ends" kinda like how Inyasha is now.

12. ixazncha0six

That's why i prefer the manga for Naruto and Inuyash over the anime.

13. Lady Almaren

THANK YOU!!! I thought it was just me. My friends HATE reading so they prefer to watch the show. I'll read the manga anyday. It seems like the manga for most animes are better that the series, ex. Sailor Moon, Naruto, Full Metal, Gundam, Fruits Basket, and Excel Saga.

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Ah yes, because whats more immature then Politics, psuedo-science, the complex relationships between brothers, and having your Mother die?

These adults who say Anime is immature can fuck off, if you still like "Scooby Doo" but say Blue Gender is "immature", then your either blind or have drank the cool-aid.

15. Lady Almaren

I didn't mean that the entire show was childish. Maybe it was the way the it was dubbed. But it seemed to be aimed at a younger audience sometimes. And who on earth would say that Blue Gender was immature? That's like saying the same thing about Card Captor Sakura. Due to the content of that show I was surprised they showed it on the WB.

16. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

:shrugs:

All I'm saying is that one of the things that can make an Anime great is the dramatic shifts, tension wise.

A good example would be Trigun.. an episode/chapter could start fluffy and end with a profound feeling of shock/horror/tragedy/seriousness left on viewers/readers.

Vash is easily one of the more flamboyant characters out there, but the show still falls off the deep end seriousness wise in a split-second.

Point being, most animes have their moments, its what make a good deal of them great.

17. ixazncha0six

I'm still looking for the last season of Rouroni kenshin but they won't show it due to the Christian themes. :(

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Most dubbed anime turns out to be worse then the original, it's just how it is I guess. Sometimes the voices are terrible. Take Kagome from InuYasha for instance... jesus, someone needs to slit her throat.

I havnt really read much manga but I know I'd probably like it since I like reading. It's just that sometimes I like to just sit back, relax, and just do nothing while it plays before me like anime does. :p

19. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I was especially upset when I heard the voice they dubbed the brothers with. Ed's was okay, but Al sounded like someone out of Charley Brown. And the people who say that anime is immature have probably only ever seen or heard of stuff like pokemon and Dragonball Z. I like Dragonball Z, but it is immature at times.

20. Lady Almaren

The worse dubbing ever for an anime was One Piece. The voice actors from that show need to go screw themselves with a candlestick holder. Naruto isn't much better. I'd say that Full Metal has one of the better american dubs.