1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    What's an mp2?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

If you lump me, I'll die, dC.

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Not if you're sufficiently scummy!

(actually, how often are you mislynched?)

It's like an mp3, but shittier.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    And this is the best argument for lumping me.
    I live a long time

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Next is tom (and yes I am just going for the closest post I haven't ISO'd yet):
    - Super high post volume. I think this contrasts halftime, where he was scum and posted less?
    - Hard campaign for lump that he appears to be winning towards dayend with no signs of letting up despite being widely townread is a fairly heavy positive
    - His scumgame is fairly loose as well, so no credit for that
    - I recall him also being an annoying pain in the ass as scum though, which is notably absent here. His looseness seems to be being used to actually DO things, which is another positive.
    - Overall the ISO reads like a mix of shitposting and surprisingly insightful commentary, which I usually find to be a town mix.

Lynch votes: mal, Jari, me, fonti, Newcomb, Delphine. Notably unperturbed by hopping on wagons with previous targets, if I am reading this right, which combined with flightiness suggests reevaluation and combined with the rest of his posting suggests not caring about perception.

Verdict: I'm gonna say probably town. Sure there was some pre-existing townread bleed, but I don't know tom that well and what I do know suggests this isn't his scumgame.

Unrelated: lump: Jari

I have reconsidered and font is probably correct about not being a good lump target. That COULD be read as scum avoiding lump, but font's kinda self-clearing if I remember right? (I think her behaviour in Princess would have done it even without the role, for example)

Plus she probably will just towntell and get shot as lump, which is boring, and I think Vaimes/tom are both scrutinizing her fairly well.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I have not given (or, indeed, had) a fonti read at all this game iirc

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    But you lynch voted her...

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I post a bit more as scum on average, and I think I was top poster when I died in halftime
    --- Post automerged ---
    What's your point?

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay but your halftime posts were mostly short, stupid shit iirc. That's not been your posting mode here. I mean some of your posts have been short stupid shit but others have not.

I don't actually care if you don't have a read on her yet, but if you're literally lynching random people for no reason I'll be pissy and if you're not then you must be paying some level of attention to her.

10. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Thats true in the sense that I’m not using it as a pressure tool, but I’m more interested in broad conversation about where it ends up. Like, if you’re reading me, I’m clearly interested in possibly lumping other people, I’m just happy to leave it on Tom for the time being anyway.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Next up: shadowlancerx
    - I will preface this with silvercrys being essentially null. He had one post that was notably Okay and otherwise did nothing and subbed. I am treating this as true null by assuming he was OoG preoccupied in order to avoid Bad Things like "lol replacement probs scum"
    - Notable weird behaviour around tom. I think this is meta from how he talks about him (i.e. he has a lot of meta thoughts about tom and therefore notices him a lot)
    - The thing where he tries to suss me out by asking preferred alignment is obviously jumping on a specific tell he considers to have reasonable weight. This can come from either alignment (scum love it when town accidentally scumtell) but the way he interprets looks like he had an excuse to dump on me and didn't take it.
    - His general thread of play is picking up angles and pursuing them through other people's input. He states a lot of reads but has little in the way of votes. It's an odd middle ground where I feel like it COULD be scum looking busy but also looks a little tricky to fake.

Lynch votes: Waco. Just Waco, which is slightly incongruous with his actual play but could just be a lot of townreads/reserving judgment and also concerning from a D1 mislynch perspective (Waco being a known D1 mislynch). Corollary: Most of my problems here go away if Waco is scum.

Verdict: Middle of the road, maaaaybe slight lean towards town. I liked reading his posts in isolation but the overall picture feels like "safe towny play". Which is still towny play but not aggressively enough to be conclusively Not Scum. I will expect shadow to step up later in the game or I will start having problems.

Gonna take a short break now.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    It's not random, but my voting is based on a lot of things that aren't "my reads"
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not notable at all tbh.
    We've been beating each other as scum back and forth for awhile now on mtgs. And just got done being scum together for a couple months.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean, it's notable in the sense I noticed it. You'll note I dismissed it as meta-related and didn't make game-relevant inferences.

14. fontisian

Here? Twice.

The only person to vote me so far with an actual scumread was Cobalt, btw.

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay, next on the docket is...Cobalt!
    - 40 post count is a spot low, but not cause for concern quite yet (particularly as he invokes OoG early on)
    - I appreciate that he's pushing back against standard D1 mislynches (and more effectively than I have been). It might be pockety but I doubly appreciate that he townreads me doing the same. It's like a consistent approach to not wanting a mislynch today.
    - Catchup in #476 reads goodly. Good freeflow, reads like town who were out of commission prior to it.
    - Newcomb scumread is spicy when it starts up, and consistently held as other things happen.
    - Ditto font scumread, actually.
    - I recall Cobalt's scumgame being more abrasive than this and, indeed, more "pick on vulnerable townies"-esque. I'm inclined to look favourably on the "Cobalt wouldn't attack the people he has attacked this game as scum" argument that's going around.

Lynch votes: Newcomb, fontisian. High consistency with play, lynches are actually spruiked to others, good targets. Actually makes me want to consider lynching one of them combined with the other ISOs done so far.

Verdict: Less town than Vaimes/tom, but still probably town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Next is Jarizok
    - Post count of 73, I want to say this is good but I'm far from sure
    - Pre-read note: Jari's scumplay from Psychichunt was very much following me around as I did a stupid thing. Indictment affects that slightly, but still I think it's a decent model.
    - Hmmm...his posts on the first ISO page feel kind of directionless/meh. Like it's fairly loose and humorous, but doesn't seem to achieve much gamewise beyond a loose comment here or there.
    - Attempts to assess me read as relatively accurate but not necessarily town-motivated. But maybe kind of town-motivated? Ack.

Lynch votes: Newcomb only. It's not the focus of his gameplay, so I could buy it as a votepark that's unlikely to backfire given context.

Verdict: If he's town I feel like he's ramping up and providing a couple useful insights, but I don't feel like I can trust that he is. Lots of funnies, not much Actual Stuff. Not so much sheeping, but it almost feels like staying behind cover? Overall the biggest point in his favour is an unironic campaign for lump, which means I really want to actually lump him to make sure that's not him gambling he won't get it.

'nother short break.

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@dichotomousCreator I posted a lot more than 40 times I'm just the king of automerge this game

17. fontisian

Cobalt, everyone has automerged posts.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Did I say nobody else did? I'm just saying that 40 posts isn't really indicative of my actual effort considering a large amount of them are automerged.

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Noted. I'm not really paying much attention to counts anyway except in specific cases.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Next up is Jan:
    - Fair chunk of posts, but page 1 is mostly free-flowing light dialogue. Par for the course D1. RVS Waco vote.
    - Neglects to move vote RVS off Waco before townreading him. I wanna say that's town carelessness.
    - Very loose and breezy, which I feel like contrasts with Princess where he was quieter early on and got into a pissing match with font.
    - Overall play thread feels like...slow progression? Like he's building up a model of the gamestate as he goes.
    - He's...not really using his vote at all though? Like he states a scumread on Jari but is for some reason still camped out on Waco at that point.
    - Reconsiders on me specifically when talking to Jari which...is a little odd given having scumread Jari before? It doesn't look like a scum-motivated move, though, in that he's not aiming to get me run over and the Jari case was actually quite good insofar as it went.

Lynch votes: Waco, Gemma, mallorean_thug. Little inconsistent with play (notably no Jari vote at any point) but the Gemma lynch vote --> lump vote is good progression.

Verdict: Townlean, with a couple niggles. I am not too worried about Jan, though, as I think his alignment will become sufficiently apparent in the fullness of time.

P.S. come lump Jari with me if you still have any doubts there
    --- Post automerged ---
    And now...The Waco Kid:
    - Surprisingly high postcount, which is kind of a bad sign given that I don't recall much of anything from Waco
    - Bunch of lump campaigning which greatly upsets me that we can't lump both him and Jari.
    - The reverse tom read thing is kinda wacky but I think NAI
    - He does a thing where he scumreads me, then shifts to scumreading shadow, then strengthens the shadow scumread based on shadow reading me weird. It feels...almost inconsistent, but probably just under-explained?

Lynch votes: me, shadow. I think the vote on me was during a time when I had a few and was flailing, so I'm unsure whether this is mislynch-y or not. If shadow is scum Waco is probably fine at this point.

Verdict: This reads like classic mislynch fodder (a.k.a. town who is not explaining his thought processes properly and it comes off as scummier than it is). I'm thus not confident in committing to a Waco read but also not confident in lynching him today. FWIW I do like how he's going about his reads by asking a bunch of other people to weigh in, it's not targeted at people likely to agree as it usually is if scum try to do this ("hey, dC hater, can I have some thoughts on dC that totally won't get him mislynched? wink wink nudge nudge), but the narrow focus is hrm. Difficult to rule out either alignment at this stage, but gun to head I'd say sliiiight townlean purely for the amount of votes and shade he's attracted so far.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Next up is Newcomb:
    - Postcount is lower than expected, although a lot of large ones compensates it
    - Fair bit of early discussion about game direction. This is bad in perpetuity but actually good as an early post set.
    - I quite liked his assessment of lump. If Newcomb were scum I'd almost call it towncoaching.
    - On the other hand, the actual practice of his lump use is a bit weird. Like, he talks about the ideal use being to divide town's power up between "socially strong townies" and "mechanically strong townies" (my words, but a decent summary). But then he balks at lumping Jari because Jari mightn't use it well? Like, first order, anyone who WILL use it well was an NK target before getting lump. Feels kind of inconsistent.

Lynch votes: Jarizok, shadow. These are classic mislynch pickings, and attempting to shove lump off Jari is >_>. Doubly so with (see below for my opinion of lumping tom this game)

Verdict: I'm kind of uneasy about this one. I can see some reevaluation/reassessment and he's fairly carefree/tonally good, but a specific effort to lynch and not lump Jari combined with a specific effort to lynch shadow feels like everything that causes a D1 mislynch. I think it's a similar boat to font, maybe a bit lower. At this stage I maybe COULD see lynching here (esp. given who other voters are). Final note, not w/w with Jarizok.

Okay, time to break for lunch. Someone else's turn to do things.

(If you need a topic for discussion: how does tom being widely townread make you feel about people still voting to lump tom? I kinda feel like some people are trying to safely shove lump off over there)

20. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator Note:

Effective immediately Stanari replaces Delphine