1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

You bought your gf? o_O

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    No that's you.

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

Nahh. Already got one

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Also, the miner post he quoted for the semi-serious vote or whatever had miner talking about Newcomb's vote on him, which you'd think Cobalt would have noticed.

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

In essence, if you remove all the extraneous bits, this is Zen backing out of his early read, that's the thrust of it.

The way he goes about it just feels... genuine. I feel like as wolf Zen probably comes off as more like... "yes I was wrong but I had good reasons that were certainly not made up" and less.... even-keeled and self-critical?

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Cobalt is the personification of spite and omgus. And that coming from me.

So far on and on defensive posts. I kind of get it, just a bit much.
    Would have been better to just concentrate on actually doing work at the time.

I do think some of the votes on him are between odd and lazy and looking at the people voting for him and the reason why might be useful. Finishing his iso first.

This post is between dunerstandable and - what?

Him being annoyed by certain things is udnerstandable and starting your game on the backfoot can be a bitch.
    Him constantly fighting everyone mentioning him in a negative light is just not productive and wasting more and more time.

The fact is that his dlp history is that he had too many games where he either had rl stuff going and was close to a no show.
    Or that he was multigaming and voerwhelmed by that and it got problematic.

And in most of those games he was scum, I think.

Calling on the champs game as proof is stupid because if you can't get your head out of your ass for the champs games, then when can you?!

If you don't want it to get used by people then just break your fucking meta by showing up.
    It might be bad luck this game, but you can't tell me it is bad luck in 66% of your games on dlp.
    At a certain point it is your fault and on you to break the shackle of your own meta.

/rant.

Ok Now we are coming to his actual reread/content.

The content he is talking about feels right.

I think the dC read is wrong, but that doesn't make Cobalt scum in any world. Might make him more town for going hard against the grain, but he might just not know better (dC got townread by half the game after the parts that cobalt is commenting on)

The Zenzaos first post into fontis reaction to it would be a really good thing to point out if there was automerge.
    Because it is back to back in the same post it could be a somewhat easy fake. (Not that you can't fake it by by splitting post, but it would feel less constructed on first glance).
    But the post ahead of it was a big one too and he only started direct comments in small posts while catching up afterwards.
    It's fine.

His continuation with thinking about Newcomb/dC being potential w/w after the dC scum read seems genuine as well.

I still dislike his rainbowwall just because I have no idea where the difference in his lower reads is. I posted about it yesterday, but he hasn't responded yet.

I think overall he is likely town for the pushes he does and the people pushing on him and they way they are doing it (I have to reread some of it, only read his comments and quotes on the matter).
    The amount of people voting/pressuring him makes him more likely town .. or there is at least always scum bussing there as well within the people pushing on him.

The fact that I like his townreads for the most part makes me slightly afraid that I am missing something because he has tmi.
    But that might be me being a dick thinking Cobalt is town when his wall feels backwards.
    Well it is that for sure.

Anyway outside of me being a big meany Cobalt is likely town.
    Have to to some background checks to varify it.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@Jan this is the reasoning for my Fluff positioning, I'll answer the rest in a moment.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I saw that and thought .. when udner lynch pressure everybody should have a reaction .. that might be voer the top.
    That is the one time when it just always should happen regardless of alignment.

But I also know that I disagree with Cobalts thoughts a lot of times and moved on.

The part that actually is slightly weird is that he has me in his weird early towns together with you and vaimes .. but at one point says that he can't read me for shit when comparing his read on fable to the read on me.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Jarizok has not posted enough to go any higher or lower than dead null. Fluff gave a weak push on me that felt super opportunistic and low hanging fruit, so he moved down for me.

Vaimes has... idk, it's weird for me, because I feel like I should townread him and I wanted to townread him but I realized as I was reading that I was getting very little from him to make me feel either direction. So I'm just keeping him null for now, to be revisited.

Miner is higher because I saw some things I was reading that I didn't necessarily quote during my catchup that made me move him up my list when he said similar things to what I was thinking.

dC might be scum because of weird interactions with Newcomb and Zenzao that make them seem like w/w, dC has also used the Fable thing to his advantage imo and made people feel bad for him to give him excuses to push on Fable? Idk, it just seems that way to me.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Got that while rereading.

Just weird with vaimes and Jari being same tier and things like that.

Curious to see your overall reasons.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

You came across as extremely pure to me whereas other people pushed you for what felt like the wrong reasons. All the pushes on you felt super scummy to me, and Zen's reasoning that you were imitating your town game from last game felt more like you were just town rather than faking it.

12. Newcomb

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking - I can't give you more specifics about the Vaimes read, because it's a negative space read, it's about the things Vaimes isn't doing.

Or did you mean something else?

For the record, alt-guessing him in the Westeros game wasn't the entire equation, it was the way he was playing in the context of not being known; like... the frustration/tonality was just pure town!Vaimes.

He did fool me, and fonti and Jan too, in the most recent TinyHunt game. I'm not automatically going to suspect him based on that, but I am consciously trying to dumpster the old, fundamentally lazy tools I used to read him.

Also for the record, I think if I were still using those tools I wouldn't have a confident townread on him at this point. I'd... maybe be giving him a daypass, I think?

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I got parts of that when rereading your full iso just a moment ago.

The vaimes and miner stuff is kind of important here because you had an early townlean on vaimes.

And Miner -
    You had this back and forth with him and I reading him town afterwards feels kind of appeasing tbh?
    Like you didn't give a single reason to townread him and it feels a bit like you townread him because he jumped in your face after you voted him.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I have a scumread on Zenzao, that when combined with the w/w interactions makes me feel it's more than likely correct.

I don't think Zen's effort is ever indicative of his alignment, and considering the last time I was scum with Zen he walled the shit out of me without my knowledge or consent I DEFINITELY don't consider him unwilling to bus, so a lot of his posts have the potential to be w/w with people he's pushing except maybe Gemma because I completely disagree with his reasons and think they're pretty weak, so I think he's just wolfing here.

@Vaimes

15. Newcomb

I don't think so; I've never had any particular difficulty coming up with reasons to push on people as mafia.

The best way to read me is engagement - I absolutely can't pull off the kind of fractured/messy/nuanced progression of villager!me trying to wrap my head around an entire game, one post at a time. As mafia I just... don't care, and it super shows.

Truth be told, I have no idea what my scumgame looks like at this point. Discounting Mistborn mafia on MTGS, where Eido recruited me to sub into a wolf slot and push a specific read/agenda for like, half a Day phase before we won, I literally haven't rolled wolf since WH7 here on DLP, which was... September of 2016. yikes.gif

I think when I roll mafia again it'll be painfully obvious in a
    [​IMG]
    kind of way

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

The reasons why I town read Miner exist completely separately from that whole interaction. In fact, I specifically tried not to include it in my read because I wouldn't give him a pass for jumping on me for the vote and I definitely wouldn't give him a pass for seemingly helping Fonti grill me and it felt like I was getting ganged up on really hard and that was intensely frustrating.

17. Newcomb

[​IMG]

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Anyway I have to get ready for work.

In summary, sorry for bugging out last night. I was drunk, came from a family party to being pushed super hard and I thought I had more time than we actually did so I got upset and felt like I was struggling against a big wall for no reason. Were I of clear mind and not drunk I probably would've just tried to ignore it and just post so that people could actually read me.

That being said, I stand by a lot of what I said w/r/t meta.

19. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Okay yeah no I’m not good with a newcomb vote today. Think I was just being stupid. He’s just literally reacted to too many of the same posts that I have, and not liked the same things there that thoigh that doesn’t mean town with a doubt, it’s enough that never mind that suspicion for now.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm leaving my vote on Newcomb because that's who I would like to see lynched today.

I will try to peek in around deadline - if thread comes to a consensus that I agree with (my bottom block anyone pretty much) and you're lacking enough votes for soft lynch, tag me like 15 million times and I'll try and check enough to come in and change my vote if it's necessary.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It just really bothers me how much Newcomb pushes the "this is how I play as town" point on everyone like 1500 times this game.