1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends v.2.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Dark Syaoran, Sep 10, 2012.

Not open for further replies.
  1. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Eh, it's just due to her rappel I feel. Take that away and she'd get destroyed in tower dives and fights all the more often.

The only person who's truly impressed me on her has been Meteos, his skill with her is ridiculous as Elise personally terrifies me. Too many buttons, too easy to screw up a combo.

Another long haul for CLG, really hitting their stride which is good on one hand because hot damn, Nien. On the other, it's irritating because I hate DLift despite his moments.

Edit; Oh, sweet, 700 posts and an Unspeakable now. Cool.

2. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Amazing game! It had me on the edge of my seat for the last 30 minutes.

I myself find jungle Elise more impressive than her toplane counterpart. Also love playing her as super aggressive support.

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Worst part was Dyrus cancelled a back that would have saved the game.

P.s. Kennen sucks. Stop picking him, his damage is mediocre and his CC is inconsistent and weak. A 1 second stun on 1 or 2 people is not worth picking him compared to how badly he anti-snowballs. Every time I see Kennen I just wish they'd pick someone else. Hell i'd rather see Galio than Kennen these days.

By the way, here's my list of "top" champions i'd rather see than Kennen:

Vladamir
    Mordekaiser (hue hue hue)
    Jarvan
    Jax
    Malphite
    Renekton
    Rumble

P.p.s. Elise has an AS steroid that applies to her spiders. That bitch has been OP for years as long as she has been out, but it's k because she is a free lane to my mains, so I don't mind.

4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Kennen's come over from Korea due to his level 16 ult. Well, for teamfights it's great, he's just a split push monster with an escape, kinda. I do feel like his damage is lacking however and we've seen how easy you can counter the most obvious engage from any top lane ever. Preferred when everyone was trying to do Curse of the sad Bullet Time (had that one the other day without realising in a game, shit does it hurt).

Personally would love a Vlad - Renekton and Rumble still bore me to tears after their popularity, but that's just a case of it ain't broke... Them being the lane bullies and monsters they are.

5. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Dear god, CLG is taking 10 years off my life with every game they play.

That was a super awesome game, for more than one reason. In my opinion though, TSM made a wrong call in going to baron and that cost them the game.

6. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

You guys are crazy if you think Kennen's damage is lacking. That is all.

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Sometimes it's hard being an EG fan. I'm not sure if they played better in Season 2 or if it's just my idea, but I feel like they've lost some of their old effectiveness.

On other news, had a blast yesterday trying out wombo combos with a friend in 3v3 for shits and giggles. He had to play with a friend of his that was like level 10. That guy played Tristana and was basically a minion, while the two of us made da sick plays.
    The best combo so far was Orianna/Lee Sin, but Orianna went very well with anyone with hard engage.
    Didn't win them all, but lulz were had.

8. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Yeah, it's like they haven't been able to adapt to the S3 changes as well as other teams. Passively farming for late game is much, much harder to do with so much early aggression in games now.

Gotta give them credit for not switching rosters though. They're all very good players that work great as a team, they just need to find a playstyle which fits them and works in S3.

...or wait for the meta to shift in S4.

9. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

inSec on Shaco, my body is ready

10. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Well I feel terrible. EUW just threw a 20 minute wobbly and people were dcing all over the place. I got into Gold IV because we won the last placement match in a 4 vs 1.

Fuck EUW servers sometimes. Happy I'm in Gold IV but honestly should be demoted back into V. Will probably lose fairly quickly and end up there anyway.

As an EG fan... It's difficult to watch them. They seem to really lack coordination, and whoever's making the calls doesn't seem to understand how things work currently. Snoopeh is arguably the weakest link despite being my favourite. He hasn't adapted to the S3 meta at all and constantly seems to want to be over aggressive in dives or chases, often ending up killing himself for little to no gain.

I think they need to sit down and have a discussion as a team rather than merely scrim and stream - which in itself is a small bit of a problem given they're on EG and any SC2 fan knows of the EG curse. I don't think they're well suited to the S3 meta, but there's still time to fix it and get into at least a top 4 spot securely.

Fingers crossed they'll work on it going into S4 and come back stronger than ever.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  11. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Got some invites for the plat 5 team. Who else wants it?

12. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Been practising with Shyvana lately as I enjoy playing her despite the fact she's rather overwhelmed lately and overshadowed by almost every other jungler in the scene.

Main problem I'm having with her is funnily enough, masteries. I'm not sure whether I should be running ArP or M-Pen in the offence side as I'm going 9/21/0, taking exh otherwise she doesn't achieve much as an early ganker short of counter-jungling and trying to hunt down the enemy jungler.

If it's any help, I'm generally going R>W>E>Q though E & Q could go either way depending on how masteries go, because she does so much hyrbd idamage it's rather silly, though the majority is of course magic. That makes me think I should go for the 8% M-Pen and thus level E > Q.

Rune wise I'm using hybrid pen reds and standard jungle runes after that - MS quints etc.

Edit - Do towers attack slower when Inhibs are destroyed or something? They seem to in a few games I've spectated this afternoon, at least the Inhib ones certainly do, though they seem to fire slower than the others anyway. Maybe I'm just delusional?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I will be on vacation for the next two weeks. Not sure when the tourney is scheduled, but if it is within these weeks then I will not be able to participate.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Honestly, I just run hybrid penetration masteries(21/5/4) for Shyvana, because her W is a good early damage source(moreso early than late), her E is kind of there(if the upcoming changes go through, then she hits struck targets for 2% max hp as magic), and Wit's End on-hit is notable, but still only going to be a fraction of your base AD, let alone your AD after a Ruined King (and Lizard Elder, if so inclined).

So, yeah. Hybrid Pen, but if you have to choose one, I would probably swing for the Armor Pen mastery overall. Largely due to cd lowering, and Q, your auto-attack dps will be higher than your W/E damage pretty easily.(against a single target, being the caveat, Hydra/Dragon Form aoe notwithstanding)

Her magic damage aoe is the main reason why I bother with hybrid pen masteries, though. Although I level her R>W>Q>E.
    I'll probably drop at least one extra level into E to nearly double the damage early, if not change to your leveling pattern after her changes, though. E will do a bit less base damage, but it will hit all targets in a line, without damage reductions per target struck. Like so many other piercing attacks experience.

-----
    Just my personal preference with her, of course.

15. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Hybrid pen would make sense, I'm just cautious about running deep offence with certain junglers, Shyv being one of them though I suppose if you get enough farm you can just get a Frozen Mallet and not give a crap either way.

Oh well, if anyone wondered Aatrox is trash in ARAM's, gets dumpstered by just about anyone, you can't farm your passive up because you get dumpstered and good luck getting your ult off on more than one person. Ok, maybe using my game against a Leona/Sona/Malphite team with Twitch & TF is a bad example but my fucking god is he useless against, well, absolutely any CC - Probably the point given how 'OP' his ult and kit can be given some lifesteal, but, y'know, actually getting any items takes a miracle apparently.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Lol Aatrox is just bad in general. Other than early game trades due to his lfesteal, all he has going for him is his knockup. The lifesteal falls off pretty fast.

I am pretty sure literally any top laner can shit all over Aatrox.

17. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

I used to play Shyvana back in S2 with Magic Penetration. I also max'd E over Q second for the midgame strength Shyvana excels at.

It's a shame she's fallen to less than ideal because of the jungle changes, but I also had a recent Ranked game with her and did well.

The Ice Dragon Shyvana skin is amazing too.

Edit: Holy crap I just lost a bot game on dominion. How are people this bad at the game o_O My mind hurts.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  18. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I will never understand people who do crazy shit like AP MF in ARAM. Yes, it's a mode designed for fun but it's not all that fun when you have someone trying something crazy like that because they think they stand a chance of stacking their W against J4/Voli/Amumu.

Just crazy, crazy people. My ARAM winning streak is destroyed.. 11 Won in a row, now lost 7 and won 1 today. Terrible. I suppose it could be fun, but, eh. Be nice if we had some advanced warning other than suddenly buying a blasting wand as soon as the game starts.

19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Because the Dominion mode is the one requiring the least personal skill and the most teamwork to accomplish positive results. Bots, even if they suck at 1v1 fights, are pretty awesome at following directions such as 'find capture point, obtain capture point'. Many players however, aren't that smart.

20. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Bah, AP MF is legit. Forget about stacking Impure Shots, it's all about spamming Make It Rain with Liandry's Torment to make people miserable.

Not open for further replies.