1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I don't think this is necessarily true. I don't "consistently call him town" at all, and I didn't really explain a whole lot for the majority of my D1 reads because I was operating mostly on tone and mindset/intention reads without knowing any of the players. It was hard enough to get the game moving and get a feel for the players as it was, saying any more than I did in my reads would've been lying. The few that did get elaboration was because their reads were based off more than tone, or there was something specific I wanted to share.

Off memory, I remember reading Jari town off his town and flow in early day. Pretty basic read, but he was one of the players I most got a good vibe off of. After he made that post trying to clear font in a really weird way. GH had taken issue primarily with "statements" one and two, but what really bugged me was statement #3. I shared my thoughts on it and adjusted Jari down and GH up. At that point, my read on him was "could go either way". You said "Jarizok's case on Jan is some serious bullshit" without elaborating. I hadn't got the same feeling from it, so I said it really wasn't that bad and that I could see "where he was coming from" on Jan's spew, and asked people to share the meta that was causing them to scumread him. I got mixed responses about a volume indicator that supposedly wasn't a tell until D2, so that caused me to want to wait to see how he played in D2.

Beru then said I was townreading him, even though he was literally in my "could go either way pile", so I clarified for the sake of clarification. The thing about betting was partly a reference to Eido betting Amrock avatar selection for a week, partly because I didn't like how she seemed to be setting me up as Jari's partner before he even flipped, and partly because I CTRL+F skimmed his posts and still liked his tone, just not enough to actually bet Beru (who would've rubbed in my face publicly had I lost the bet)
    When he came back, I got more confident on him because his late-day posts were pure af, and liked my "lynch Fluff, let Jari solve themselves with volume meta tomorrow" plan. Might've elaborated on that a bit more but I was bouncing around a hospital and didn't have time to do anything except appeal how I could.

So to address your points:
    No, I didn't consistently call him town.
    I couldn't find an instance of me ever saying the phrase I "see more reasons for him to be town", maybe you confused me for someone?
    "Denied" having a townread on him because at that point I thought he could go either way
    I did engage with him directly
    And no, I didn't "disagree with all the points against him", I actually presented one myself and townread GH for his approach on Jari as well. The point I disagreed with was you saying "Jari's case on Jan is some serious bullshit" because that seemed excessive and untrue.

You're starting to reach a bit. I mean, I can understand how someone could get "Asmo whiteknighting Jari for towncred", but I'm not a big fan of how you phrased your points to their extremes. Things like "consistently", "ever", "never", and "all" just absolutely stretch the truth. Not sure what your game is, but hyperbolic cases never go over well in my eyes.
    Quick question. Are you prone to tunneling as town?

Not much. I went to bed at some point after going through the first few pages of the multi-ISO and got busy afterwards and never got back to it. I got what I originally wanted from it (figuring out if Beru could post comfortably as wolf and not be as obvious as she made herself sound), but I don't think there's much else that's relevant (unless you want me to go in depth on how many more thousands of GIFs Jan used in that game)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can you elaborate a bit on this? Why weren't you "super against lynching Jari?"

I don't like the bold. It seems like a cheap/easy way to try to clear yourself using dead Jari's reads. Mind talking about why or how Jari's read on you influenced your read on him?

2. Delphine

Delphine First Year

You're not understanding my point there at all. It often is townie to create reaction tests/traps. My problem with GH is that the way he talks about the tests that he does, is in an incredibly distended and narratory manner. Like, both of them have started with "hey guys, I think I found this thing" -- and then the follow-up explanations about them are super long in spite of them being null, not in response to anything anyone asked, and not followed up on in such a way to really create new conversation -- which translates to "Hey guys, townread me for my totally town effort." The problem is not that they were null, but that so much of his early content was detailing that and not moving onto things that might actually be meaningful. He dug up having used the same "hey guys, I think I found this thing" wording as town in another game, but the way he discussed the results of the tests made way more sense in that game.

Uhh. You're conflating two completely different reads I had on two completely different posts of his. His "Please read", which was in the post after his spaghetti wall that I had concerns with but didn't think was out of his town range, left me with a tonal impression like a white light in a visualization exercise. I felt a little dirty keeping my vote there after that even though I actively disliked most of his posts.

I was more focused on voting with my heart and developing my reads rather than trying to predict thread consensus in a few hours/affecting the lynch, yeah. From what I understand vote logic/theory are way more central to how you play than I do.

What do you mean by "condescension reading"?

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Want to reread Delphine when I wake up (my eyes are glossing over and have been red for hours), but I'm feeling distinctly solvey townvibes from her.
    Won't even try reading that Ber wall right now. I'ma head to bed and try to be back in the early afternoon
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh ninja'd by a dolphin responding to a bear
    can't stop read won't stop read
    I think I addressed everything addressed to me. Wanted to get more into ISOing, but there's no way I can atm. Look forward to hot updated reads when I get back to thread
    g'night Delphine.

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I guess as a general note, a reason I'm resistant to rehashing things I've already said is that it often takes me a long time to find just the right words to express what I think I mean/to integrate all my working memory ducks in a row. So unless someone is specifically confused by something I already wrote, I feel like rewriting is more likely to cause my meaning to get lost in translation.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gnight.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Someone tell me why we don't murder fluff because I'm not seeing any reasons not to and I really want to.

6. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I think they're soft unaligned due to this, particularly the 2nd sentence:
    --- Post automerged ---
    Although, someone should check me, since when it comes to those kinds of reads sometimes I feel like I notice the right things but draw the opposite conclusion I should.

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 2.4

Beru [2] - Jan, Miner.
    Fluff [2] - Fable, GH.
    Fable [1] - Fluff.
    Asmo [1] - Rubicon.
    Miner [1] - Beru.
    GH [1] - Delphine.

Not Voting [1] - Asmo.

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to soft-lynch and seven votes to hard-lynch!

Day Two ends on September 18 at 3pm PST.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ok, i don't get why people are voting beruru anymore. This so far out of her scum meta its not funny.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

LUL. Double voting me doesn't get you two votes beru!

You're still going to die today.

10. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I asked you for your read on them.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The fact that you didn't get the same feeling from it is part of the point. However, this helps me understand you better. The Jan spew issue wasn't my focus on Jarizok's post, so to me it seemed like you were defending the whole thing for unspecified reasons.

You said that in #442:

That was a reference to #292, when you said the point you presented about him was the only one you agreed with.

I'll have to mull this explanation over some more.

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Condescension reads are like... me kneejerk reading this as scummy when it isn't actually. Although I haven't actually compared this you to another you, yet...
    --- Post automerged ---
    If you are, in fact, town, would you consider doing something actually useful and helpful to other people instead of posting shit like this?

12. Rubicon

We should lynch Miner.

Vote: Miner

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Vote GeneralHankerchief

14. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 2.5

Fluff [2] - Fable, GH.
    Miner [2] - Beru, Rubicon.
    GH [2] - Delphine, Jan.
    Beru [1] - Miner.
    Fable [1] - Fluff.
    Asmo [1] - Rubicon.

Not Voting [1] - Asmo.

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to soft-lynch and seven votes to hard-lynch!

Day Two ends on September 18 at 3pm PST.

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Today I learned that posts I write on mobile stay saved in the post field cross-platform.

Nice nice nice nice nice.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, yeah. Tomorrow is Monday, so I have class. I'll be here a bit in the morning, and I'll be back 2h before EoD... please don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, ty.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I really wish Fonti had explained what she meant when Fable asked her why Miner was spewed town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Miner.

Who do you want to lynch that isn't me.

16. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Mind elaborating a bit why you think this? What is specifically out of Beru's scum meta?
    Is it just the wall?
    The more specific you can be, the better.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

I mean I haven't seen Delphine's scumplay so I can't really say I know how she plays as scum, but I don't think that scum ever really makes posts like the automerged one in 966?

Hey Jan, do you think that the way Rubicon hopped on my wagon was slimy?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think I just want to lynch you.

But in the interest of humoring you, should you be modconfirmed town right now, I'd probably be looking into Asmo/GH.

I freely admit that I have been (mostly) ignoring them, because I've never been good at getting a handle on people I haven't played with before.

18. Rubicon

I mean that Delphine read is okay, I guess, I can understand how that would come across as town to you... but you're kind of just grabbing the most recent thing she said to comment on?

Please post a read wall.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Nah.

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Hey Jan, how do you feel about leading questions?