1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General Mafia Discussion

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Apr 4, 2014.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

This is good.

It needs to be enforced. Let's get specific. Nearly every game since ika has joined, we have warned him that his shitty behavior wouldn't be accepted. Then, the next game would pop up, ika would pull the same shit, and people would talk to him. Rinse. Repeat. If we agree to stick by warnings and an eventual ban, I'm all for this.

---------- Post automerged at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Oh, and Lucky, don't pull the "I've been around here forever" card. You haven't. And we've never had someone as shitty as ika in the years I've played and observed here.

2. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap?

[​IMG]
    =D

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Tsn.

Syed.

/10chars

4. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

You know what my problem is that Lucky is right. Specific people have issues with specific people.

I actually read DLP mafia games from the past as well as the original Survivor, people did all sorts of stuff but after the game ended they got over it. Nobody's making you be friends or baking each other cookies.

As for Rubicon's suggestion what is defined as "personal attack?" Who's going to make that clear? Who gets to decide?

Is calling someone a dumb fuck a personal attack? Or calling some a juvenile, immature mentally deficient person? Or is it calling someone a barking dog? Or is it telling them they don't know how to play or are illogical? What is your definition of a personal attack? I've been on the receiving end of these. Are they personal attacks or not? The person that makes this kind of constant shit, I'm not interested in reporting them to a mod. I just want nothing to do with them outside of a game.

Can it be parsed out? Who gets to decide?

Next, it'll be fluff that's a problem. Then something else.

Sloth wants me modkilled or otherwise severely punished\sanctioned for my game play (and not just this game, all of them). Supposedly I keep doing it wrong. TerRaine will not commit to stating anything clearly but I assume the same. Anyone else?

My natural feeling is that after a game everything that happened in it, other then meta is gone. Fresh start. Yet, what I see is a political shitstorm because people don't treat it like a game. Apparently, ya'll wouldn't do well in GTA or even a game like DA where you have to kill people or can choose to speak firmly. Games don't translate to real life. People (scum in particular) are playing a role. Playing a role.

If I took mafia this seriously then I would hate scum because they lied to me. Separate a game from real life.

For the sake of peace I'm not joining the currrent game but I do what I want and if they don't want to play because I'm in game....too bad. The only people who could really stop me are God, DLP mods or the game mod.

Talking in nebulous circles without being able to talk straight. Speak straight and stop being so pretentious.

Fonti, also point out why I should be banned.

As for ika, it is clear you despise him. Very clear.

Give him some small goals to work with, but guess what never works in RL or online: Trying to beat sense into someone. Doesn't work.

As for grammar not everyone has the same grammar skills, I botched that roleplay so it's on me.

We've now hit gentrification of Little Italy. All the people not in professional clothes better get with the program or get out.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Ooh. I didn't know Syed played mafia. Man, that must have been horrible.

Two things: 1. Ika is worse than Syed. 2. Neither of those people ever played mafia here.

Try again.

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Fonti I was giving you examples of people here on DLP that had similar grammar.

And I already admitted that mod oversight is needed for those problems, so you're beating a deadhorse.

And tbf while Ika's grammar is pretty horrid and he does sometime act like a dickhead, which I call him out on, you're reaction was unreasonable and bitchy.

The question is why do we need to have mod oversight in the first place? People should know not to act like immature cunts. Ika's grammar is a problem and should be dealt with. But I think a system of excluding players is absurd.

7. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

So me saying over and over and over again this idea of voting for players to decide who can play a game isn't a good plan and that I don't think this suggested system works...that means I am being unclear and obviously I want you sanctioned and banned and modkilled from games?

8. Lyrium

Based on your feelings you should make a list of why I should be banned because in some ways ika and are similar. I can't always spell or grammar perfectly. Sometimes I think all caps is a fun tool for emphasis. Not overused but a little bit. I mean what are we going to ban all caps all together?

---------- Post automerged at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Above to Fonti.

9. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Wisdom of the Crowds (look it up people) will never be a thing on this website. If you don't like playing with someone, either suck it up or don't join a game with them.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

On my phone, or I'd post the gif of troy walking in with pizza to a shitshow for the last 2 days in this subforum in general.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Half the new posts are laced with personal attacks, and some of these are very blatantly meant to specifically upset people (see people posting in a GAME THREAD with personal attacks when they aren't even in the game)

There's literally drama everywhere.

People need to chill the fuck out and be fucking adults. Its not that hard to discuss things as mature adults. Like holy shit.

I'd word this post better and be more constructive but I'm on my phone, so I'll probably make more proper thoughts later.

11. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Also, we're not banning all caps.

12. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

StrikerLee1

/thread

13. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

I am thumbing up your post in spirit Citrus.

14. Lyrium

And one thing I'll be clear about, if you know someone is emotional and liable to speak their mind and you bait them and bait them and bait them, what does that make you?

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Thank you lexicat for the much needed notice and what it entails

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:

Good talk Fonti.

17. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    To be clear: I have had some issues with your play in the past. I have no interest in banning you from any game, nor using WotC.

18. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Citrus spirit post.

[​IMG]

19. Lyrium

WotC is a fancy way of saying, we don't want a person to play. To me the game mod decides this stuff and puts it in the open. People choose to sign up or not. Like ika put it very clearly that his game is not balanced. Or Lexi put that her game was bastard. If people want to play then cool otherwise they won't sign up, the game will die and that's that.

If tomorrow someone makes a game and says "everyone has a hydra" and that is not the norm, people will ask questions and choose to join or not. That is how it should work without people having hysterical fits over it. Don't like it? Don't put a ring on it. Move on.

Qgq, how nice for you. I think that before choosing to judge a person's game play you should determine the level of respect or care they have for you. There are a few people who's opinion would actually effect me (for example if Fonti said, Lyrium stop being a dumb **** and {} then I would be receptive because she's not a random stranger and I hold her in high esteem and we have some level of interaction.) In our first game ever together, you're not going to be on that list.

Then, if you really think someone's being a horrid person and for some reason you care enough to want to help them, phrase it in a way that isn't condescending, pretentious or assumes there's only one right way to play. Or since you don't know this person and you don't have any positive points with them or reason for them to care, move on. Stop being Severus Snape and be Sirius Black. Otherwise you're attacking a player and you get what you pay for.

Do you really really care? Then have a private conversation which doesn't make them feel under attack and therefore respond accordingly. Whenever someone's sent me a PM and said, "Hey Lyrium, I wanted to talk to you about...," my response is to actually consider it and try to see their point of view. I might not agree but I will be calmly able to address it.

On the other hand, if you say "Lyrium doesn't know how to play and is a dumb mentally deficient barking dog" then honey, no one can do spectacle quite like me online or in RL.

Mafia is a game of people. It won't be logical, solely residing on deductive skills to win. Otherwise Sherlock would never need\want Watson and town would win on the first day.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Appreciated haha