1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(d/t) V

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Persephone

Persephone Fourth Year

https://imgur.com/gallery/3UxBG

Honestly I can't see Harry helping Warrington, or offering him the cup to be fair.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

If the DoM were experimenting and torturing Harry Golem to such a degree, Albus would recover him by force.

3. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

What happens if Harry is in a Fidelius'd location?

(Which partly makes me wonder as to why it was so easy in canon to infiltrate the DoM, besides that one room.)

Also, Dumbledore may not want to immediately take back Harry by force - wouldn't that effectively be declaring war on the Ministry, and only bolster rumors by Fudge to the effect that Dumbledore plans on taking over?

On the flipside, they might send in other members of the Order under disguise, but that's going to be contingent on knowing (i) where in the DoM Harry is (ii) what protections are in place and (iii) how to get in and out without being recognized.

4. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

Rayndeon - your bunny sorta reminds me of Deadpool in X-Men: Wolverine, with the healing factor to boot. Now I can't stop thinking of Deadpool!Harry, used as an assassin by the Ministry.

5. blogwraith

blogwraith Squib

I just came across a Fantastic 4 review that referred to the Thing as Aunt Petunia's favorite boy, which of course made me think of the HP Aunt Petunia.

You could re-imagine Harry as the Thing. Maybe the curse scar isn't a lightning bolt on his forehead, but orange rocks covering his body. Or his accidental magic created the orange rocks to protect him from Dursley beatings.

Herminone's early experiments in magic grant her amazing elongation abilities.

Ron's intense feelings of being overlooked by his family result in an early and unconscious mastery of the Disillusionment Charm.

First year at Hogwarts is interrupted by Classic FF Villain the Mole Man leading an army of goblins in search of the Philosopher Stone and its up to our heroes to thwart them.

Second year at Hogwarts sees the Chamber of Secrets open, where students are petrified and replaced by doppelgangers. Ginny is granted flying and fire powers as result of her possession by a the diary.

And so on, mixing early FF stories with the books.

6. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

I think Ron's short temper and explosive anger makes him more suitable for the role of Human Torch.

7. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Truly, Luna Lovegood is the Invisible Girl.

8. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

More like the girl who went invisible in Buffy because everyone ignored her.

9. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When at the end she sits down in the class, that gave me chills.

10. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

Horcrux Harry idea: Not really a full-fledged story idea, but a mix of Naruto and Dresden Files inspiration for the horcrux inside Harry. Basically, Harry gets something like a Superpowered Evil Side, similar to the Nine Tails in Naruto. In times of high stress or whenever he consciously calls upon it, more and more of Voldemort bleeds out, giving Harry access to advanced magic, as well as other aspects of Voldemort's knowledge. However, the more Harry does this, the less and less control he has. Eventually there comes a breaking point - let's say when Harry ends up killing the diary horcrux, suffering a sort of psychic feedback - at which the horcrux is about to assume full control. However, because of the really weird magic that occurred on October 31st, 1981, a memory of his mother is also inside Harry's head - similar to Kushina/Minato's presence inside Naruto. She acts as a failsafe to keep Voldemort from assuming full control of Harry.

Eventually, the horcrux inside Harry starts to acclimate to him, slowly becoming an entity independent of Tom Marvolo Riddle. Harry is able to persuade the horcrux of the benefits of parternering with him in at least a limited capacity, especially since the actual Voldemort is out to kill them. After all, when Harry dies, the horcrux inside Harry dies as well, and with his mother preventing the horcrux from assuming full control of Harry, they start to form a reluctant partnership, sort of a cross between the dynamic that Naruto later has with the Nine Tails or what Dresden has with Lash.

(The horcrux will eventually be referred to as "Marv.")

11. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    James arrives later than he does in canon and doesn't manage to prevent Remus transforming and killing Snape.
    Or mauling him and turning him into a werewolf, at least.

Wonder what the world look would like by the time canon rolls around.

12. Stan

Stan Order Member

The matter would have been investigated, James would have been expelled (may be sent to Azkaban if his animagus form was found out), he would never have married Lily, Harry would never have been born.

Hardly the best time to get rid of Snape.

13. Goten Askil

Goten Askil Groundskeeper

Why would James be expelled? It was Sirius who told Snape about the tunnel under the Whomping Willow IIRC. I can definitely see Sirius and Remus expelled or even Dumbledore having big trouble with the Ministry, but not James.

14. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

You mean Sirius would have been expelled, right? James didn't know about the "prank" until the last minute. Also, IIRC, Sirius didn't actually trick Snape into going beyond the Whomping Willow - Snape bothered him about Lupin and Sirius told him that if he really wants to find out, he should go there. So, really, Snape was just an idiot and though Sirius handed him the method to kill himself, he wasn't responsible for Snape's decisions. I don't think it'll impact James' relationship with Lily much, though the whole secret-keeper business might have gone differently.

I actually read a one shot like that once, where Remus did eat Snape and their friendship with Sirius broke. On the other hand, Sirius' family accepted him back, because feeding your enemies to werewolves is awesome in their opinion.

15. Stan

Stan Order Member

Oh, right, James didn't know. Still, Lily might not want to associate with someone whose best friend killed her friend (I'm pretty sure she and Snape were still friends when this happened), so there is a good chance Harry wouldn't be born anyway. And she did break things up with Snape largely because of his Death eater friends, so I can't see her associating herself with someone who was friends with a murderer, and she might hold James responsible regardless of facts.

Having the shadow of your best-friend/former-best-friend's murder might put a bit of a damper on the wedding.

Granted, it wouldn't necessarily go down this way, but it is very possible.

16. KGB

KGB Headmaster

How would anyone know Sirius did it though? Unless James turns him in there is no way for anyone to find out.

Snape has a long standing rivalry with them so just claiming that he stuck his nose somewhere it didn't belong and got killed for it should work.

And in before someone says Veritaserum: Many situations in cannon could be resolved by it's application but weren't. So it's quite clear that it's reserved for special circumstances. OF which this one might not be one of since an alternative explanation is available.

What could happen is that the news that Dumbledore was keeping a dangerous werewolf in the school might force him out. What would he do than? Perhaps bring the fight to Voldemort directly? Maybe such an approach would prove more successful and greatly weaken Voldemort. Thus prolonging the war and have Harry go to Hogwarts at a time where Voldemort is still around but at a diminished capacity. After that have Dumbledore die and Voldemort can resurge and we have a war on our hands.

17. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Not to mention Snape was just a poor muggle-raised half-blood. Now if it was a pureblood scion killed, I imagine the different response (like in CoS, when nothing was done after the petrifications of muggleborns).

He kept dangerous werewolf in school as a teacher. The said werewolf nearly killed three students. Nothing happened to Dumbledore, and Lupin was just sacked.

18. KGB

KGB Headmaster

No one knew about that. Snape let it slip that Lupin was a werewolf, but nothing of the events themselves.

19. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Picture a young boy, an orphan living with his aunt and uncle. The boy's name is Harry Potter, age eleven.

Harry has been visited by a half-giant called Hagrid and told that he's not actually a regular boy, but a wizard.

And Harry has been brought to a magical castle in Scotland to learn magic with other wizards and witches.

First however, Harry must be sorted into one of the four houses of this school.

There's Gryffindor, for the brave, Ravenclaw for the curious, Hufflepuff for the hardworking and Slytherin for the ambitious.

Young Harry doesn't know it yet, but when it's his turn, he will be sorted into the Twilight Zone.

----

Basically the idea is: "What if Rod Serling wrote Harry Potter?"​

20. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

[End of PS, Dumbledore traps Voldemort's wraith inside the Mirror Of Erised, deep inside the bowels of Hogwarts, and seals all chambers leading to it with concrete]

...Now he has everything he's ever wanted and he's going to have to live with it for eternity in the Twilight Zone.