1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It's not a race, if seratin doesn't post he's getting lynched. It'd be nice if blab posted sometime ever though

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Right now I'm sitting in the toilet at work using mobile chrome to post this. Two guys at work went awol on the beer and I've been pulling double shifts. Apologies for not being active but I didn't see this coming.

I'll understand if I'm lynched, my disappearance has made it the easy choice but I'll say it one time before the day closes. I'm town. Haven't played it well but I'm one I the good guys.

I don't have a power role, I'm vanilla and I'm asking not to be lynched.

I'm going with my gut here.

vote Newcomb

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Seratin

If you're still around, why should you not be lynched? Why is it so imperative that you not be lynched even though you're vanilla, if you are town?

You say you're going with your gut. Do you think Newcomb is scum, or do you think he is the most likely player to be scum right now?

---------- Post automerged at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------
    Newcomb

What do you think of Seratin's claim?

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I think scum would tend to claim a PR here and either try to get the lynch shifted elsewhere or at least draw a CC.

But, with like 1 hour left, there might not be time for that and maybe that's just what he wants us to conclude.

The whole response is pretty consistent with "dejected town." The problem is there's just not enough substance for me to really move off him.

I have doubts, though. I'm like 60/40 slanking wolf / busy town.

Currently doing an ISO of Seratin, half done, there are only like 8 posts so it's not taking too long. Will be done in like 10/15 minutes.

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

A Newcomb wagon is impossible this late in the day, not enough time to gather votes. blab is the only other viable wagon, so vote that if you want to live.

6. Newcomb

Seratin ISO:

Post 1. Calls myself and Citrus scum buddies for our early interaction, which still seems like a huge stretch at best and a flat-out fairy tale at worst. Also the infamous PR question.

On a second read, it's less of a general question and more focused specifically on Citrus and myself, but again, why would you point this out as town?

Post 2. Doubles down on scum!Citrus/scum!Newcomb. When asked why on earth he'd ask the PR question -

Which, as I said before, is not really an answer. We'll come back to this when he's pressed on it later.

Post 3. Pressed with, "ok, well, Citrus reacted hard, what did that tell you?"

The reason I called this "nonsensical" (and which I explained, and then Seratin cut off the part of my quote where I explained when he attacked me over calling it that), is that Citrus's reaction is like, 100% a normal town reaction there.

Citrus on Seratin's PR question:

Seratin casting this as "Citrus uncomfortable with scrutiny, tries to throw shade on Seratin" is, yes, nonsensical, because what other reaction would you expect town to have to such a question? "Gee, you're right, Newcomb and Citrus are probably Medic/Viggy. Hope they don't die N1/N2 or anything."

Post 4: Triples down on scum!Newcomb/scum!Citrus, now calls what we're doing distancing. Like lol. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, huh?

Also calls Vira scummy for only giving the appearance of scumhunting. Pot calling kettle black.

Post 5: Answers my "what do you think of HF/Vira" question. Vira leaning town, HF leaning scum. I notice a fair amount of "Information over analysis", if I'm using the term correctly. It's hard to draw much original thinking from this, besides the idea that maybe Citrus is doing the HF question thing to draw attention away from him, which, eh...

Post 6: This is his big post defending himself from my press against him. To me, it actually feels pretty towny and kind of reminded me of my pushback against Math in Narutomafia. My biggest "Seratin could actually be town" doubts come from this post, for lines like:

It's a town feeling and not a town read, though. I like the attitude, I don't like the content. Specifically, I really don't like the fact that he spins this point by point rebuttal, calls me "wolfy" like 10 times, calls me "an overactive wolf trying to figure out how to scum" and then simply unvotes Citrus and doesn't vote me??

Post 7 Not voting me because he's "not sure." Well fuck, man, I'm not sure on you, and I still want you dead. Also poking Jan here, "what do you think of the situation?"

Post 8 Finally votes me, says he's VT. Kind of dejected, "whelp, sorry, RL stuff came up, I'm town but I understand if I have to die here" kind of vibe. I'm kinda torn on this one. The question I'm asking myself is, at the 11th hour, would scum!Seratin think the thread is more likely to believe it if he comes out hard and makes a big fuss, or if he just goes gently into that good night?

I think, think, it's the latter.

Conclusion:

70% chance slanking wolf
    30% chance on-the-level dejected town.

Recommendation:

Lynch.

7. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Seratin (6): weiyaoli (137), Newcomb (143), Zenzao (208) Citrus (273) Vira (310) Scott Press (380)
    blab (3): Jan (235) Rubicon (272), Snowvon (367)
    Vira (1): blab (68)
    Newcomb (1): Seratin (382)
    Seratin, it'd be nice if you said more. Who else do you suspect of being Scum?

@All I don't like how the pressure on HF has practically vanished at this point. And that he isn't voting anyone. We have 29 minutes to decide if Seratin is the lynch or not. Until that point and to prevent HF or Blab from sealing the lynch,

UNVOTE.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I like his claim and think I believe it?

I dislike the newcomb vote, because of how he did it.

We also don't have enough time to have an informed lynch if we don't lynch Seratin.

---------- Post automerged at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Fluffiness got sick, and has thusly not posted much since (2-3 days ago?)

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Hence why I said "FoS on Fluffiness" when I moved my vote

9. Rubicon

Excellent.

So if Seratin + one person from the Seratin wagon votes blab, we can lynch him instead. How about Citrus?

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    EBWOP: And then New finishes his ISO. Fair points throughout. I'm feeling better about lynching Seratin after that.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Are you that confident? Because if we don't lynch Seratin today, he's probably going to be mis-lynch bait/on the stand the rest of the game.

12. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    And that I had forgotten. Still suspect of him.

Also, we don't need the full seven players to lynch in this game. Whoever is the leading wagon as of DayEnd is lynched, ties = no lynch.

13. Newcomb

I'm here until deadline.

The thing is, with HF/blab/Seratin the main case against them is "not doing shit."

Like, see my ISO of Seratin for other reasons, HF did get defensive, and blab... like, literally has done nothing?

I'm up for a policy lynch of any of those 3, tbh, but Seratin has the most content and so much of it has rubbed me the wrong way.

That being said, Zenzao, like I said I'm pretty much ride or die with you, so if you have a strong feeling one another of them, say so.

---------- Post automerged at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

This times 100. If we actually do move off Seratin here, I'm going to spend the next 72 hours agonizing over "why" and probably tunnel him.

14. Rubicon

Citrus: Or he'll step up his game, or he'll get replaced.

I wouldn't say I'm 100% confident about either of them, but he does seem like a better choice than Seratin at this point.

---------- Post automerged at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

It might be moot if Seratin doesn't come back online before deadline, though.

15. Newcomb

20 minutes to go.

Rubicon what makes you so sure about blab? Or at least more sure than Seratin?

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Around for a bit. Don't particularly want to move my vote though.

Like, even if we moved it onto blab at this stage, we definitely don't have any time for blab to turn up to claim and for us to react.

17. Newcomb

The biggest thing about blab for me is like wtf is his vote doing on Vira. Did he ever explain that? Like how is his vote still there off in batshit nowhere with 20 minutes to deadline.

18. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Like, at least I'm finding Seratin suspicious for stuff he's done, and his attitude in the thread when he was around.

Like I said after my ISO of blab, I'm not feeling that great about him because he's just vanished after any time he's like posted anything of substance until he's prodded again, but your argument applies equally to blab, Rubicon.

---------- Post automerged at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Apparently I also like saying "like" a lot.

---------- Post automerged at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Also, gonna be phone-posting a lot more tomorrow onwards (D2+). Have a rehearsal for a concert starting this weekend, so I'm away from my laptop for large periods of the day.

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    At some point we need to commit to a decision. 8 minutes left. Too late to change the wagon, I think. Let's say goodbye to Seratin and hope we made the right call.

20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You’re acting towny and I don’t think you’ve done something scummy this entire game. While the readwalls are a bit suspect, that’s not all you’re doing, you’re constantly questioning people and answering questions. You’re active, you keep up with the thread, and aren’t afraid to give your opinion. That marks you as town in my eyes.

I can’t tell if you have even read the thread or not. There aren’t enough votes or interest in Newcomb. I don’t know what you’re doing.

Thirded. There’s no reason not to lynch him.

He cited High Noon mafia, where I tricked him as scum.