1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Should have asked me then since we had an abundance of Twilight. I still haven't gone back to those posts to try and get back in the mindset I had.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No. Phoneposting is difficult.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Vote fontisian

do i want this

do i dare

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Suck it, Font o'Wisdom. I said that I had lingering doubts on Seratin - and Rubicon was a small part of that, but it was the VT claim that bothered me the most - but New's post going over Seratin highlighted the case and I ultimately trusted him as I did in Narutomafia. Rubicon's reasoning against Blab wasn't convincing enough to vote him- and New himself said he would follow my lead if I decided we should try another hyperlynch in the final minutes ala Jan>Snow in Narutomafia, so I was hesitant to vote there.

Also, SAO II is on. Be back in the commercials.

---------- Post automerged at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

Ehh. Why so tedius, Asuna arc? Not like the Caliber arc was so hot toward the end either but.

---------- Post automerged at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

Ugh. Shit-parent trope. Did they really need to take this route with her mother after her father tried to marry her to that asshole in the first SAO?

5. fontisian

Zenzao: ...

You get that I'm calling you an obvious town and attacking Rubicon for not "seeing" it, right?

Von: How does it feel to be the only likely townie trying to stop a scum lynch two Days in a row?

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's not like my vote would have changed anything, though I'm going to be salty for a while about missing that lynch.

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    :colbert:

Given how I just posted to you, no, I'd say that wasn't clear in the slightest. Why am I obvious town to you?

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Front-half of the episode sucked but I called it last week on the back-half. Now Shippuden's up so I'm back for most of the next half hour.

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Read between the lines a little more.

Zenzao's last few posts before the flip look town, assuming I'm interpreting them right, which is why I'm asking him what he meant.

9. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Played for a year or two in 2008, but that was when I was 13, so it's probably not too relevant anymore.

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Of course the multiquote won't work now.

I read over the posts leading up to and immediately following the lynch.

At that time my main cause for complaint on Jan, you, and I suppose myself voting on Seratin was that no body moved off of Seratin - it was a one-way jump onto Seratin's wagon.

I unvoted because both Blab and HF were absent and the possibility existed in one of them popping in to cement the Seratin lynch, and when I unvoted I hadn't seen New's ISO post on Seratin, which was one of the deciding factors in my voting him again at the end(when I also hadn't seen Jan or your vote). I was concerned that Seratin could have been town, and my preferred lynch was HF.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I miss Prophylaxis too.

Also Snowvon I coined Blabtisian first, bite me

---------- Post automerged at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------
    fontisian, what is the scum-team right now in your opinion?

Jan + ???

Or what?

12. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

The blab/Seratin interaction I found weird:

#68:

The first part is eh, whatever, it looks a little worse since Seratin ended up flipping scum.

I like his prod at Seratin at that point in the game, but the next time he mentions Seratin is #199

The main thing is, between then, they don't interact at all. Blab being largely absent doesn't even note Seratin's lack of response to his question (nor does he bring it up when he next posts), and Seratin is largely ignoring blab:

Nothing in #73 - he responds to Snowvon's question instead.
    Nothing in #87 - he continues to talk about Citrus/Newcomb instead.
    Nothing in #110 - he responds to Newcomb's question instead.

It's made me think blab/Seratin is a possible pairing, but my biggest issue with going straight for it is that both players were extremely absent throughout the whole day. It's difficult to know what was scum partners possibly avoiding each other, and what was just plain inactivity.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Good morning.

Why so quiet? Have we decided who gets custody of Hannibal's house and his hoard of human meat?

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

We share the house in good times and in bad times. Today is one of the better days, with the landlord dead and all that.

---------- Post automerged at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

I might just try to analyze the 1-2 pages end of day 1, for a bit. If someone is around to talk, I will refresh the thread now and again.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi Jan. It's a shame we townread each other, because it means there really isn't anything productive we can do while everyone else is off looting Hannibal's possessions.

Citrus kinda defending blab's slot for the second Day in a row is [hand wavey motions in a way that accurately conveys the complicated feelings broiling within me]. YesterDay blab's disappearance and weak posts weren't enough for him, and now toDay Rubicon is scum for his push on blab? I mean I think Citrus is town at least for thinking Newcomb was Vanilla because what scumteam intentionally shoots a vanilla who was kinda/sorta suspicious for the way he was reacting to pressure? Like I feel like Citrus is keeping blab/fontisian in his null zone on purpose??

fluff's hop onto Rubicon is danger danger and kind of a big reason I'm not going to touch that.

fontisian's been a little trolly, I've seen her use the exact 'you're lynching x for the wrong reasons' line as scum but only once and that's a really weak reason for feeling DOUBTFUL but whatever, her vote on you is low-tier and she can do better than that or at least make me believe she believes you're scum,

---------- Post automerged at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

Huh. I think I meant to continue that post but then didn't.

Poor lonely comma.

---------- Post automerged at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

Okay, I'm putting this read on lockdown: Citrus is town.

I already regret this.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I get why Citrus feels this way about Rubicon and why he is defending fonti right now.

If you read EoD1, knowing Seratin is scum, his interactions look really bad. Hard to see if that is a mate trying to sway votes or a town acting after his own conviction.

I agree that one of them is really likely scum, I can even see a world where both are.

17. fontisian

Maybe

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

augh

I'd like to think that with Rubicon's recent unsuccessful scumgames, he'd just bus Seratin instead of defending him so much? Because yeah, EoD1 looks bad for him.

---------- Post automerged at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

I asked the 8 Ball a very important question and it said to ask again later.

Figures.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Starting my EoD1 read with Seratins post:

Not a lot to get out of that post. Vt claim with some reasoning for why he was not around.
    Voting on Newcomb because of a gut feel.

If Scum have no daychat then this might have been his signal to kill Newcomb in the night.
    It is also the only logical vote considering the little action he had.
    Really unsure why he is not voting blab, his counter wagon and only chance to stay alive. Scummate or a ruse to make it seem like one?

#383 - Citrus

He tries to get some more information out of Seratin. No push in either direction. - neutral.

#384 -Newcomb

He is conf!town at this point, so it does not really matter.

#385 - Rubicon
    Dirty! Knowing the flip this looks like Rubicon trying to give his uninformed teammate a hand to sway the votes.
    Town!rubi trying to tell another player, that might have been afk for too long, what to do if he wants to live, is another world. But the flip makes this look really bad.

#386 . Newcomb
    Now conf!town Newcomb comes out with his fast Iso on Seratin. This was most likely the nail in his coffin. Reminding everyone that Sera did not do a lot d1.

#387 - Zenzao
    That post alone looks kinda scummy. Zenzao unvotes and pushes paranoia about a scumteam hammering.
    Why would scum hammer if plurality kills Seratin anyway? Hammering a VT would give them close to zero gain if they can just wait 5 more minutes to let him die on his own.
    I don't shoot a bullet in your face and make noise, if i can just slowly suffocate you, without anyone knowing.

#388 - Citrus
    Unsure, inclined to believe the vt claim.
    Does not have another target for a informed lynch.
    Defends fluff (reasoning is valid).
    Knowing the flip i can see a weak defense of Seratin.

#389 - Rubicon
    Am I the only person who has Mr Burns Excellent in his ear when he reads that? :p
    Again, knowing the flip this looks scummy as hell.

#390 - Zenzao
    Zenzao is back on the Seratin train.
    If he is scum, he is more likely to get ppl to vote blab, because the votes were in the balance right at this point.

#391 - Citrus
    Questions Rubicons conviction.
    His reasoning is solid.

#392 - Zenzao
    the quote is cut, so i have no idea what you are talking about.
    Bringing up the plurality lynch is role neutral.

#393 - Newcomb
    agrees with the lynch, gives Zenzao an out to sway him.

#394 - Rubicon
    First part is a weird thing to say.
    It does not matter who of the two survives, if they step up or get replaced they have a fighting chance.
    Noone is out of the game just because they had one bad day.
    The last part could be a sign to his teammate to step up his game to get the misslynch.

#395 - Newcomb

#396 - weiyaoli
    Wants to stay on Seratin.
    Does not think we could have an informed lynch on blab at this point.
    more towny considering the flip.

#397 - Newcomb

#398 - Weiyaoli
    More reasons to lynch Seratin.
    Poking a big hole in Rubicons argument.

One more person to go for the lynch.
    I personally don't agree with the too late argument, because it is never too late to kill scum. We switched the vote off me 2 minutes before the day ended in the game before. <3 Von

#400 - Vira
    Mostly neutral, hops in on a point already given.

#401 - Jan
    Make your own opinion.

#402 - Zenzao
    Not much to say, he is right.

#403 - Newcomb

#404 - Weiyaoli
    Look a filler!

#405 - Citrus
    Killing Seratin. As public as possible with all the spotlight on him.
    And pushes scum on Rubicon - before knowing the flip?!
    If Seratin flips town you look like the biggest ass, why are you that sure here?
    On the other hand blab would have been a possible pr, thus a bad/uninformed lynch.

This is one of those posts that makes me afraid that Citrus is mafia.

After that it is myself and Rubicon voting to seal the deal. Both votes are not alignment indicative, because there was no way to save Seratin for scum.

Summary:
    Rubicon - his defense looks bad. Does scum defend that hard in a flipgame?
    For a vanilla mafia no, for the Mafia Rolecop, maybe?

Zenzao - early flip, with a fast turn around after Newcombs Iso. slightly townish.

Citrus - Towny, would reevaluate him if Rubicon flips town.

Vira - Neutral

Weiyaoli - towny.

Scott - Neutral

Blab/Snowvon/Fluff - afk

---------- Post automerged at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

I asked if Seratin is town.
    "Outlook good."
    I asked if Fonti is town.
    "Outlook good."

Does someone have a 8-ball that was not cursed by the witch? I need help from a neutral perspective!

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the scumteam was exactly the EoD1 AFK folk?

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

yuck, I'm missing a very important word

'exactly in the AFK folk'