1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Looking for the post, gimme a second. didn't write it down.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm a little busy right now, but gist of it is:

I don't have a town-read on you.
    I have slight town-reads or stronger on everyone else.

I got some weird vibes from you D1 (seemed relatively lack-luster).
    You started asking some questions/becoming more active, but didn't seem to follow up on them.
    A few of your reads didn't seem very genuine during the game, notably your read on me. That said, the fact that you scum-read me relatively strongly yesterday makes this confusing for me, because if you're scum with Fontisian you knew she'd flip scum, so why weakly trade blows with me?

Who do you think is scum? What are your thoughts on the remaining players at this point in time with Fontisian flipped?

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I’ll answer these in my readwall later tonight or tomorrow morning. Right now I need to go to dinner.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

#985 - Zenzao

Imagine Waco is the last mafia, he has close to no chance of winning without some sort of big play.

Waco makes a no lynch last night, because he might hope for a medic to save him, thus "confirming" Waco as town.
    After that Waco has to live through 3 lynches instead of 2, yes, but without that play he always dies today or tomorrow.

The quote gives Waco a realistic chance to hope that play works out.
    He is also the only person to ever make a no lynch, because everyone else can hope to survive 2 lynches just by talking.

---------- Post automerged at 02:05 ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 ----------

NOT NO LYNCH. I MEANT NO KILL!

sry my brain is kinda spinning right now.

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

As I hinted at in #960, if I thought Scott knew what crumbs we're

I'm VT

---------- Post automerged at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Wait Jan, i'm confused here. Since I knew I couldn't survive 2 days of lynchs, I no-killed so as to need to survive 3 lynches? Especially given Eido's set-up's usually include an info role, of which we hadn't seen yet, and we had seen a protection type role in the bullet-proof?

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

empty QT = VT

You already said that yesterday Waco.
    Any good scumplayer would not target you.

I might be completly wrong here, but who in their right mind would no kill but you?

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Honestly, at this point Jan, if you don't believe me, then hammer me, and my flip can be the nail in your coffin

---------- Post automerged at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Why would I be targeted for a NK anyway? I'm basically a free mis-lynch given the whole i'm in

---------- Post automerged at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

EBWOP: hole**

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I call it "Hail Mary"; you might have heard of the term.

"Originally meaning any sort of desperation play, a "Hail Mary" gradually came to denote a long, low-probability pass attempted at the end of a half when a team is too far from the end zone to execute a more conventional play, and that it took divine intervention for it to happen. "

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 ----------

Who else would make a no kill?

9. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On mobile, just woke up.

Should I out my thought on the Scott D1 thing? Because I'm not buying another VT claim after Seratin when the deck is stacked so far against Waco being Scum over town.

Fonti claimed that only she could have coached Scott and more-or-less let the subject fall by the wayside after I countered with Scott promptly shutting up and going AWOL after she replaced in. If Seratin/Blab worked out something with him or if he actually bothered to read much of anything leading up to/during the pre-game when roles went out, he might have been lead to do what he did for down the road so that he could point back and claim "see I left crumbs!"

It could force a CC and then the Scum have a locked-in PR kill that Night.

Or I'm simply reading too deep into it. But his reactions around it just have a gong ringing even now.

As to HF, I don't feel that either of them are cleared by that. @HisFluff And are you saying that you've sat on your ability until lastNight when you proportedly had two shots? You didn't use one N1/N2 to get any sort of info?

---------- Post automerged at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

On mobile, just woke up.

Should I out my thought on the Scott D1 thing? Because I'm not buying another VT claim after Seratin when the deck is stacked so far against Waco being Scum over town.

Fonti claimed that only she could have coached Scott and more-or-less let the subject fall by the wayside after I countered with Scott promptly shutting up and going AWOL after she replaced in. If Seratin/Blab worked out something with him or if he actually bothered to read much of anything leading up to/during the pre-game when roles went out, he might have been lead to do what he did for down the road so that he could point back and claim "see I left crumbs!"

It could force a CC and then the Scum have a locked-in PR kill that Night.

Or I'm simply reading too deep into it. But his reactions around it just have a gong ringing even now.

As to HF, I don't feel that either of them are cleared by that. @HisFluff And are you saying that you've sat on your ability until lastNight when you proportedly had two shots? You didn't use one N1/N2 to get any sort of info?

---------- Post automerged at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

:facepalm: Yet again this thing timed out and double-posted.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm not feeling a Waco lynch today. No-killing is just so stupid in the situation we were in last night.

Honestly, I'm hard-pressed to consider anything outside Vira. The only other player I'd be remotely considering is Jan, but I feel like the only reason Jan could be scum is because Vira isn't because I can't see scum being anywhere else.

As far as Waco goes, I'd buy Fluffiness scum over Waco scum wayyy more strongly, and it's really unlikely Fluffiness just hail-mary-ied either.

Still pretty sure Snowvon is town. Would be very hard-pressed to see a scum!Zenzao, especially as that means town!Snowvon and others hardcore townread him.

Jan's a bit confusing due to Fontisian and him engaging so heavily, but I don't think it's likely he's scum from his play this game + it would be pretty hard to fake that with Fontisian (it's akin to me faking all the stuff yesterday with Fontisian, which is possible I guess but super hard-pressed).

Fluffiness + Waco are tied together when we should only have 1 scum remaining. Fluffiness giving a solid defense for Waco.

That literally only leaves Vira.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I cannot believe fluffiness is ever mafia, because if we had another information role that person would just out. And mafia has to assume this.

I don't even think this would be a possible hail marry for fluff.

2 mafias only ever works if we actually have really strong prs left, which is unlikely.

The tracker is a hard nerved cop most of the time.

Wouldn't mafia have to send a specific mafia each night?
    and thus actually know about the kind of pr town has?

I am unsure about this one tbh, but the mod is unlikely to randomize the mafia who does the kill, right?

---------- Post automerged at 03:59 ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 ----------

Also just look at the town powerroles

FBI thingy, bulletproof and tracker.

None of them visit other people in the night.

Mafia having only a rolecop and two goons makes perfect sense for balance purposes.

I don't see that play.

If mafia know there is a tracker they might no kill if they are afraid to get tracked that night.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Trackers visit people??

---------- Post automerged at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

It's not really relevant since a Tracker's movements can only be seen by another Tracker but still.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Gz Von you made a useless comment!

Now lets try a useful one!

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

My power let's me see when my target interacts with another player: kills, checks, roleblocks, protects...

---------- Post automerged at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------
    Zenzao with a scum dead N1 and what looked like another one dying soon (Rubicon/blab), I wanted my power to turn into a cop check instead of an unreliable track, and figured I could afford the wait.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Kill the Witch?

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Snowvon, do you weigh the same as a duck?

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yes but with those other roles you get 2 mafia checks, IF you get a hit.

Which makes sense considering the other townroles who read rather weak on paper.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am actually a duck.

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Let's build a bridge out him!

---------- Post automerged at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

I looked over Seratin's posts, he had no real interaction with blab, his only interaction with Jan was a throwaway question, and for Vira he pushed a light scum read for a few posts before giving up on it for little/no reason

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Vira Survivals are not announced.