1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(d/t) V

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Thinking about Death having conversations with characters from the HP series: Namely those connected to the Hallows: Peverell brothers, Grindelwald, Dumbledore, Voldemort, Harry and the addition of Snape, no other real reason outside of the fact they keep kicking about in my head.

Another idea was Herpo the Fowl never died, but that's a bunny I'm never putting into practice.

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Herpo the Foul as a immortal wizard who has lived through all of history.

He was able to do so by faking his death and hiding his only Horcrux at the bottom of the ocean.

He then lives in secrecy, not wanting too much attention.

He learns the darkest and deepest magic there is, eventually interacting with people like Salazar Slytherin, Nicholas Flamel, Gellert Grindelwald and Lord Voldemort.

He appears as someone else to each of them, of course. But nonetheless, he influences each of them, setting them on their paths.

He causes Slytherin to build the Chamber of Secrets, he inspires Flamel to create the Philosopher's Stone, he tells Grindelwald about the Hallows, he teaches Voldemort the Horcrux ritual and other various dark spells.

He may haven even crossed paths with more people. For example causing Durmstrang to be founded, or meeting Ekrizdis...

3. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

The summer of 1899. Gellert Grindelwald arrives in Godric's Hollow in search of the Third Hallow. With the aid of Albus Dumbledore, he discovers the connection of the Potters to the Hallows, and they both approach Henry Potter, newly out of Hogwarts.

During their meeting, Grindelwald uses Legilimency on Henry in hope to find information leading to the whereabouts of the Cloak - and he finds it - but Henry, sensing the invasion of his mind, casts a Shield Charm, which deflects the Legilimency to Grindelwald, and Henry finds some important knowledge in his mind as well. A duel breaks out between the two, and Grindelwald quickly overcomes Henry with the Cruciatus Curse. He then apparates to the Potters' Cottage, where the Cloak is hidden, and kills the House-Elf that tries to stop him. Henry and Dumbledore follow, and get there just in time to see Grindelwald disappear under the Cloak with a victorious grin and disapparate.

Henry is enraged. Dumbledore is dumbfounded and conflicted - he desired the Hallows, but wasn't quite ready for the violence required to obtain them. Henry interrogates him, and Dumbledore tells him about their quest for the Hallows. They go to Bathilda Bagshot's house to find out that Grindelwald took his belongings and left hastily.

With the aid of Bathilda and some personal family history books, Henry and Dumbledore connect the Second Brother's legacy to the Gaunt lineage. They trace the location of the Gaunts and arrive at the shack in Little Hangleton - which they view disdainfully. Henry warns Marvolo Gaunt that Grindelwald might seek to steal his heirloom, and cultural clash ensues. Then Grindelwald arrives, and starts duelling Henry and Marvolo, which sets the shack on fire. He manages to take the Ring from Marvolo's finger, but is bitten by a venomous snake Marvolo owns, and Henry subdues him with a curse. Marvolo is about to finish Grindelwald off, but Dumbledore stands in his way, not wishing to see Gellert harmed, and resumes the duel, giving Grindelwald enough time to escape with the Ring. Henry and Marvolo attack Dumbledore with anger, and he too disapparates.

In the ruins of the burning shack, Henry and Marvolo strike a reluctant alliance. Thus begins their continental hunt for Gellert Grindelwald, facing mutual disdain, a secret society of Hallows questers, and an army of Inferi raised with the Ressurection Stone.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's less of a plot bunny and more of a plot werewolf.

Now go write it.

5. Andrela

5/5 would read, Atram.

6. kix

kix First Year DLP Supporter

The third son of an old british magical house (weasley?) ca 1600 after staring a feud with another magical family (newly arrived from france malfys?). Manages and to get on a boat to the colonies and enters a whole new world. In society that very much distrust and prosecutetes the occult. Then the journey comes to discover and build a new magical society from the very few magical travelers, new muggleborns and a dash of native american influence. While keeping hidden from the more numerous and highly alert muggles that hates any form of witchcraft.

“no-maj” duch influence? New magical discoveries (plants, new magical creatures)?

bah, just read some magical beast teasers and this pops up.

7. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Inspired by a prompt. We've heard of the tired trope of "Harry turns out to be secretly descended from x x x and x". I've done a bit of thinking on that for the backstory of those x's. We already know the Potter line now comes from Linfred the Potterer in the 1300s, and the Peverell line isn't far behind. I wanted to write about three central wizards at three different points of history preceding them, progressively sliding backwards through the centuries.

Starting off would be Sir Marnix Black, aide and follower of Charlemagne who helped to bump off Carloman I, and contributed to the Massacre of Verden. Mid to late 8th century, went on to seed his line before the first Malfoy ever left France.

Next would be Berwyn Wyllt, one of several bastard grandchildren of Myrddin the Ever-seeding(Merlin), struggling to find a place in 6th century England in Arthur's dying years. Would he side with Medraut(Mordred) and the rallying forces in opposition to Camelot, try to help restore some measure of glory to the Knights of the Round Table, or leave for better lands?

The last, Rexus Rhodes, would be a young Greek wizard starting from little and rising to become one of Caligula's most trusted advisers - influencing opinions public and private, on matters within the known Empire, and exerting his perceived power to revenge himself through Caligula on those who had troubled him, ultimately contributing to Caligula's legacy of infamy and eccentric behavior.

At the end, Rhodes would have left few children and his line essentially dies, fading into obscurity through marriage and squibs, until it tied back into the Potters. Wyllt, being just one of many illegitimate heirs of Merlin, would simply pass his line on like all the others, insuring that most modern day witches and wizards have some claim as Merlin's heir. The only one to feature modern prominence would be Marnix Black, from which the Black line developed.

8. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

HP/Daredevil TV series AU.
    Harry Potter loses the eyesight in the tragic accident (abusive Dursleys, Potions accident, dark curse etc). Dumbledore decides that he is useless and everybody abandon Harry.
    A mysterious man named Stick emerges from the shadows. Harry desperately needs guidance; Stick needs a new soldier for his war. Can he succeed where he failed with Matt Murdock and turn the former BWL into a perfect ruthless soldier?

9. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    No. Fuck off.

10. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is there any particular reason you have opted to have your Dumbledore just straight up abandon the Chosen One because of an accident that, in all probability, could be mended? With all the transfiguration and body modification magic in existence, surely some poor sap has found a way to grow fresh eyeballs and/or implant them(then again, this isn't Naruto). Failing that, I have little doubt that there are spells/charms/objects to help a visually impaired wizard through life(which is presumably what you're banking on to turn him into DareDevil 2.0 anyway) and which a wizard as old, investigative, and curious as Albus Dumbledore would also have at his disposal to apply toward Harry.

11. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

At the very least there's whatever Mad-Eye uses, right?

12. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

Now I want Adam Jensen Harry.

13. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

The Dark Knight Returns/Harry Potter Crossover.

More so about the themes and not Harry being Batman. I can imagine and old, gruff Harry that shied away from the Wizarding World after a protégé of his died on an attempt to get to him. He is gone for years and now a new minister is in charge who is a coward and many radicals are roaming the streets wrecking havoc. Harry decided he can't allow this and comes back. Only to be beaten by the leader off one of the gangs. After he is rescued by one of his old friend's son (Teddy?), he stops and reconsiders a new strategy to beat him. He does so by being more experienced instead than by raw magic.

That would be the first half. This is followed by a second radical group making a coup for the Ministry after one of their leaders assassinates the Minister who put himself in danger by trying to look good because of all the bad press Harry generated his way. Harry takes control of the first gang, who start to worship him, and takes back Magical Britain.

It could be more about an old hero returning from retirement to save his world one last time. I can imagine Chief Auror/Commissioner Longbottom talking to a younger Auror after he is forced to retire for not going after Harry.

'When Voldemort attacked Hogwarts, we as a country we're too afraid. And then, His voice came on the radio. He told us not to be afraid. In a day, we had an army.'

That line or a variation of it would be used to shown Harry on both his most heroic moments. Leading the last stand against Voldemort and charging to battle to take back the ministry.

14. RiverStyx

RiverStyx Squib

Harry Potter/Inglorious Basterds crossover

-AKA: Harry Potter setting with some elements/atmosphere of the movie.

-It's set during the Second Wizarding War, not WWII.

-Voldemort took over England, causing Harry to escape to America.

-The IWC decides to leave England to Voldemort, as most countries see it as an "English squabble", but some countries see him as a threat.

-Harry tries and fails to convince the American Ministry to enter the war
    -This is due to the fact that Voldemort has significant influence among the pureblood factions/families in America.

-However, there are other factions that know of Voldemort's influence, and thus they start to conspire with Harry to kill the source of the problem.

- Harry secretly forms a team -The Basterds- sneaks into England, and starts a terrorist campaign against the Death Eaters.

-Bonus: Draco as Hans Landa.

I realize that this isn't the best plot bunny, so feel free to tear me apart.

PS: To any grammar nazis out there, "bastards" is actually spelled as "basterds" in the movie because it is set in France. Also, there is another movie called "Inglorious Bastards", which is completely different from "Inglorious Basterds".

15. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    For some reason I thought you said Stig there, and now I really want to see a Harry Potter/Stig of the Dump crossover.

16. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know which Stig I want mentoring Harry, and all agree he would never drive a dump.

17. Andrela

You know how in MoR the supposed POD is Petunia marrying a scientist?

Well...

Harry Potter and the Combos of Fatality

Petunia married a game designer, and Harry grew up playing video games, especially fighters. Then came the Hogwarts letter, and a world of new bosses to defeat, like Voldemort.

18. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    If someone would write even a short parody with this, I would love you forever.

19. TacosRule

TacosRule Squib

So I just looked up some random fighting games on Wikipedia, this might work timeline-wise.

Both Street Fighter 2 and Fatal Fury: King of Fighters came out in 1991. Mortal Kombat came out in 1992.

Needless to say, the mental images this conjures are pretty hilarious.

---------------------------------

Antonin Dolohov was not a happy man. As a recent escapee from Azkaban, he wasn't keen to spend any more time in the Ministry of Magic than absolutely necessary, and Potter and his friends seemed to be doing whatever they could to draw things out. So, when he cornered them, he took a vicious thrill in cutting down the frizzy-haired mudblood with a curse and breaking the Longbottom brat's nose. Potter was bent over checking on his friend. Easy target. He couldn't resist the urge to gloat as he raised his wand. "Any last words, Potter?"

Dolohov couldn't be sure, but it sounded as if Potter screamed "SURE YOU CAN!" in response. He didn't have time to wonder what the boy was babbling about before his fist made contact with Dolohov's chin with a dull thud, launching him towards the ceiling.

Moments before he came back to earth, he was certain he heard Potter mutter something about 'missing the sweet spot'. Then his head smacked into the stone floor and unconsciousness claimed him.

20. Chadrew

Chadrew Second Year

I had this idea when watching Chinese cartoons. Harry gets an intelligent magical battle armor. Think Iron Man's suit, but with the AI inside it, and magical rather than technological. It literally just blinks into existence next to him, no one knows where it came from. Or maybe Harry just gets the core and needs to build all the additional accessories himself.

Then there's lots of Harry kicking Death Eater ass and the suit making deadpan robotic comments as Harry keeps freaking out.

He eventually defeats Voldemort, but the suit gets irreparably damaged in the process. Harry's sad because they've been through so many battles together and became best bros. But the suit's all like "there's no need for sadness. My purpose has been fulfilled. Goodbye for now... my creator."

I wrote two scenes for illustration. So in this first one, Harry is in a multi-storey warehouse operated by Death Eaters. Also, he calls the suit "Mark" because it's model name is Mark IV or whatever.

Now in this second scene the girl you ship Harry with makes some flirty joke and leaves.

Just wanted to get this out of my head.