1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

owner - Did you read my reads post from earlier? I listed my read of mal there.

mal - can we consolidate to Citrus? I am unwilling to lynch miner. It's like, I see his post describing to lynch me and I kind of cringe internally, but I still think he's just newb town.

Apologies for this incredibly underwhelming post, I have been basically marathoning Ace Attorney 6 rather than dedicate an hour or so to this game to hammer out the Jarizok interactions and solve this game. I will do that tomorrow.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Between these two posts it seems like his thoughts haven't advanced at all, probably because it's irrelevant to what he's actually going to end up doing.

Like I can understand if you want to withhold your public opinion (although, WHY?), but at this point everyone should have made up their minds one way or another, since it's a very simple thing that happened.

So his continued fence sitting is another thing to hammer, since Proph should have insight into how I play by now.

Paging mallorean_thug, since you brought it up.

3. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    You're just scum, especially if you have time to put an anime show ahead of figuring this game out. A town mentality would not allow you to be that relaxed when you have already been so underwhelming this game.

---------- Post automerged at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

I don't like your wording here.

---------- Post automerged at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

kind of, but he is voting there...hmm

mal or miner wins us the game after proph is dead if I had to guess.

mal makes sense because he didn't show up in the thread until we started to talk about him/more people voted for proph. (wolfy pop in)

Mal could just be deep in Proph's pocket, which could make at least one of his reads be really bad.

miner being hesitant to lynch proph when earlier he specifically said he needed a case on him is suspect.

Bill proposed a solution to the two worlds thing, how can you(miner) still be talking about wanting to lynch someone else?

---------- Post automerged at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

This statement is WIFOM, but that means we are on the right track by lynching him.

This probably means he has pocketed miner so he doesn't want to lynch someone that he has pocketed as miner could potentially help keep him alive for longer.

Him specifically asking mal to help is concerning as well.

overall proph is pretty clever. His wording is well done.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Jesus.

From the way I see it (before mal popped in with his push), we had two worlds. I agreed with Bill in that if we lynch Proph today, and he flips scum, you guys can lynch in your Proph +1 world (which, apparently, is mal) and end the game that way.

I want to get Kai or Citrus. I do not know if the world is exactly Kai/Citrus, but I believe it's highly unlikely that at least one of them is not scum (the only other world that would be at all possible right now is mal/Proph).

However, owner yesterday would never move off of Proph.

If we lynch in Kai/Citrus, and they flip scum, obviously we'd just lynch the other the next day and we could F4 between whoever's still alive (through nightkills) in endgame.

But if Kai or Citrus flips town, then owner tomorrow will shove the proph lynch down our throats, and we're stuck in a situation where only one of two worlds is right.

If we lynch Proph today, we more or less figure out which world is right.

Mal, it was a 13 player game. 4 scum in a 13 player game makes no sense balance-wise, esp. since scum have pretty much 2 confirmed PRs.

I've been making it clear that I think AT LEAST one of Citrus/Kai is scum. I am NOT confident that they are both scum. I think there's a decent chance that they are, but I would NOT bet the game on the fact that both are scum.

If you go check out my readwall, you'll see that Proph is in yellow.

He's definitely a possibility for being scum. Do I think he's more likely to be town than Kai/Citrus? Yes. Am I confident enough in my read to ignore owner for the past two days and vote Kai/Citrus until endgame? No.

You're literally twisting around everything I said. Please stop doing that.

More than anything else, I want town to have only one world to focus on tomorrow.

If this is not optimal town strategy, then it's because I listened to Bill and thought it was reasonable, and because I haven't played long enough to understand optimal town strategy. Also, I've been lynched d1 or d2, in every past game, and had no chance to see this stage of the game.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm alive!

Also wtf it's not D3

---------- Post automerged at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Ok deadline is not til Friday thank God so I'm going to take the nap I've been dreaming about for days, be back laters

6. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Application rejected.

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Welp, thread's dead today. Citrus, proph either of you guys got anything to say?

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

hey guys just dropping in with your daily dose

[​IMG]

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Happy Thanksgiving

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

Thumbs^

/10

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Was preoccupied with Thanksgiving stuff.

Still, it's finally time to whip out some interaction analysis, and use it to solve the game.

Jarizok Interaction Analysis

| denotes responding to a quote or a question, or an attack. I’ll count other people’s posts as well.
    - denotes a passive mention. Same w/other people’s posts.

Multiple occurrences in the same post are redundant. If a post contains both | and - for the same player, only | is mentioned.

Some | may be demoted to - and vice versa depending on importance.

Code:
    miner: ||||||----
    fluff: ||------
    Ctrus: |||---
    Proph: |||------
    mallo: ||||-----
    Kai--: |-
    owner: |||||||-----
    BillD: ------

One thing I noticed at the beginning of the game is that he jokes around with townies (Majube, Waco). Relevant.

The way that this sentence flows (leaning town for Waco, could be convinced that fluff is town) makes me think that fluff is indeed town. It feels like Jarizok is trying to "get two townies out of the way", so to speak.

Continuously whiteknighting a fellow townie!

The constant back and forth between Jarizok and owner only cements owner's towniness to me.

Prooobbaly one scum in the center slot? I feel good about his townreads actually being town, at the least.

I am actually getting paranoid of miner to be honest? His interactions with Jarizok feel really soft-bally.

Citrus is very likely to be the scum in this quintuple.

Jarizok also reverses his read on owner when she claims. She is blindingly obvious town.

SOFTBALL of SOFTBALLS.

I'm just quoting this because lol this interaction looks terrible for me.

If I really squint I can see Kai maybe being town because of this?
    I am actually leaning towards the team being Citrus/Bill, since Jarizok is just not interacting with his buddies at all.

If Citrus is scum Kai is probably cleared to be honest? I don't see newb scum putting both of their buddies in the null pile like that.

"Hi, guys! Citrus is my scumbuddy and I know this!"

Interaction analysis pretty much complete. Conclusions:

1. Citrus is lock-scum, take it to the bank. If I have time tomorrow I will case him but it should be blindingly obvious due to the lack of interactions between him and Jarizok, and the interactions that they DO have are awful softbally ones.

2. fluff and prooobably Kai are town. Kai is most likely town if we lynch Citrus and he flips scum. fluff is lock town here.

3. miner or Bill Door for final scum IMO. miner has said some super townie mindset things so I'm less inclined to lynch him over Bill, who Jarizok has never directly interacted with all game.

So yeah. Lynch Citrus, guys.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I will extend the deadline by an additional 48 hours. I underestimated how dead it would be in here.

New timer in a bit.

13. Bill Door

I'm not entirely sure a deadline extension would make a huge difference to that at the moment :/

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

If one of your points is that Jarizok didn't interact with his buddies at all I'm not sure how you can clear Kai?

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

If Citrus is scum, then it would be pretty ballsy of newb scum to put both of their buddies in the "null" pile, right next to each other.

If I was newb scum I would spread them further apart.

15. Bill Door

Is it ballsy if you don't know what you're doing is unusual? I think the natural inclination for new scum is to go hard neutral against their teammates. They don't want to buddy their teammates but also are scared of doing anything that might get them lynched.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yeah no.

Just because I was AWOL for awhile for my exams, doesn't mean in any at all terms I'm going to allow you to try and needle your way out of getting lynched again via mislynching me. Certainly not going to get mislynched for what may be my last mafia game for a long time. I enjoyed the slow buildup trying to tease me into being the lynch during my absence though, nice try.

Thankfully I'll be around from here on out (barring me being living AND this game going on for weeks)

Vote: Prophylaxis

Please note the self-preservation oozing out of him from every possible place the second it looked like he'd /actually/ get lynched D2, vs. the facade of "oh lynch me if we're having trouble picking a lynch totally no self-preservation here folks" he held up til that point.

Owner might've actually been spot on with the Proph + Miner (+ Jarizok) world, considering how he's (Prophylaxis) trying to backpedal Miner from lock-town to a PoE with Bill Door (mislynching in that pair plus mislynching me = scum-team win). I'll look at them (and everyone else) more when I get a chance.

That said, the following two are solid PoE everyone should have:

Owner is lock-town barring an investigative counter-claim (yes, it's D4, if you're an investigative that isn't Owner with ANY RESULTS AT ALL YOU SHOULD CLAIM TODAY).

Fluffiness is basically lock-town, because he started the buildup on Jarizok from Proph, and even in a world where Proph is their PR (roleblocker?), trying to push the wagon from one scum-mate to another is pretty much impossible for me to fathom as something a 3rd scum-player would realistically do with scummates A and B.

If there's anything at all I've said or done this game that anyone wants me to elaborate on, feel free to point it out and ping me, because there's literally no possible way I'm going to allow Prophylaxis (or his scummate) to twist a mislynch out of me this game. Just about every time I've been mislynched on here (apart from on D1's) has been partially directly attributable to laziness on my part, and I am NOT going to allow that this game.

17. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    ^^ that feels natural

18. Bill Door

I make it currently soft lynch on proph.

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Citrus, you never did explain why you ended up voting proph over Jarizok despite your read wall.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Votecount 4.03

Prophylaxis (5): owner, KaiDASH, Bill Door, miner11121, Citrus
    Citrus (2): his fluffiness, Prophylaxis
    miner11121 (1): mallorean_thug

Abstaining (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 to Soft Lynch and 6 to Hard Lynch!

Day 4 will end Sunday, November 27th at 2100 EST (extended by an additional 48 hours due to the holidays) or immediately following a Hard Lynch. A new timer is available here.

Previous Votals: 1.01 | 1.02 | 1.03 | 1.04 | 1.05 | 1.06 | 1.07 | 1.08 [Final] ||| 2.01 | 2.02 | 2.03 | 2.04 | 2.05 | 2.06 | 2.07 | 2.08 [Final] ||| 3.01 ||| 4.01 | 4.02