1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ehhhhh.

Unvote, vote Plotless

I really don't like easy D1 lynches, but he's starkly different from AG and I guess I should stick up for Jarizok given the line-up of our reads by not letting him potentially die.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Wow .. well that is some readup waiting to happen.

How does one know when this "too long" point in time is?

I am somewhat certain that there has to be scum in my townreads at this point.
    Not sure who, just yet.

Will most likely not post a lot in the near future and then dip back in the thread while working.

If there are any questions, ask away.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Not everything but here are some Reg's posts that I think make him likely to be a villager.

This Reg's first post and I like how he seems solvey right away. Also just the volume of reads he has impressive if he's a wolf so I just tend to think it's unlikely he is one.

I like him pursuing his jarizok read here as well as the level of which he can defend his read on vaimes this early on.

This one is kinda weak but I like Reg wanting to switch off the conversation from vaimes here to jan/jar just from a time management perspective. This is kinda abstract but I think as a wolf you wanna burn as much time as you can while looking useful which means keep talking about as few topics as much as you can for as long as you can so if you can spend hours talking about why vaimes is a villager instead of having to fake a bunch of reads on people with reasoning in that same time span well talking about just vaimes is probably easier as a wolf though I like Reg taking the initiative to get discussion going on other people. This might be one of those things only I think about though.

I like the defense of cobalt here and I also like that's he's willing to throw himself under the bus so to speak and bring attention to the fact that he doesn't have many wolf reads up until this point. Seems really villagery to me.

Again doesn't want to spend too much time talking about one thing, think the time management here is very villagery. And the level of depth to his reads would just be hard to fake IMO.

I can get more quotes if people want but I'm really doubting Reg is a wolf here.

---------- Post automerged at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

I mean it feels like you're just latching onto someone else's read to shade Reg. I feel like you've only been making jabs at people rather than giving out actual reads.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The moment where you see Kais townlist and think :

"Wow Kai posting a full readslist on d1. I think I want to lynch him for it."

This is not right, but it it feels so right.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

sad. I bet agonizing about your little hands keeps you awake at night.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

They might be small, but they are a perfect fit.

---------- Post automerged at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 ----------
    fontisian It is time. Either go to sleep or work in thread.

7. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Bleh, I think I have to cast a final vote before I go to sleep because of how the timing lines up. I'll switch to Plotless later probably, given how things are going at the moment.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am fine with either Jari or Plotless at the moment.

Makes for good wagons going into the last 20 hours.

I would like people to commit to a mainwagon soon, because we might want a claim if needed.

And we don't do 5 minutes before day ends claims.

---------- Post automerged at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Lettuce take a look at this one.

Unsure on blab, but can agree with the towns outside of that.

I can see him being town, but if fonti is scum then I would look at him again later on. (She was one of the first people to townread him and I thought the reasons were somewhat weak at the time).

Unsure why you have fonti as "a little town". Having her in a "i don't care about you d1 pile" is something I could get, but for me she is closer to her scumgame than to her towngame right now.
    That is in part because if she is town then she has not been commited to the game at all, which makes it harder to get a read.

I disagree with Cobalt in the lower group, but you made your case on that one.

My honest problem is that gun to my head there is at most 1 scum in your "other people group".

Like if I were to pitch a scumteam right now it would be somewhere in :
    Jarizok
    Plotless
    KaiDash
    Fontisian
    +1

+1 because I am almost always wrong on one person.

If Fonti is scum then people should triplecheck blab. He gets leeway for having played 1 game with him and he was a no show as scum.

Might be one between Waco and Q, but I have soft townreads on both.

Yeah I think those are the 7 folks I am down to look at.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hissss.

/ten char

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

What do you make of Zenzao, Font and Regfan all questioning my jarizok vote?

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Let me look that up.

I think Zenzaos tunnel and work ethic after the early gambit are town regardless.
    People saying gambit is town because it was town the last 3 games are stupid, because at this point he will get scumread if he does not do it, his play afterwards is more important.

Font is just not really in this game yet. At least not in a way that does anything for me.

Regfan feels town or rather similar to the last 2 games. I don't know his scumgame, but we come to very similar conclusion on the gamestate, which makes me think he is likely a good guy or townsiding. (in the 2nd case he will run out of misslynches sooner rather than later)

Ok will look up how they questioned your vote now.

12. fontisian

I just noticed these. I know Jari was joking around, but there's an appeasement mindset to it I dislike. I wouldn't be surprised if both he and Plotless were mafia.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Regfans reasons are pretty meh ..

They are not bad, but I don't know what he would be getting from it.

The day still has a few hours and having 2 somewhat competing wagons is best for business.

You voting Plotless does not make you more town because it is a pretty good bus spot on a slot that is likely to die.
    Unless he thinks you are town, why does he care about it that much?

A scumread trying to make a counterwagon work should be pretty much ideal for his worlds.

Somewhat pointless overall.

14. fontisian

I'm going to save this quote for Von in case people begin to suspect him down the line. I don't see this kind of paranoia coming from scum!Von.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Fonti is ..

She pinged several people about plotless already.

She wants Plotless to be the main wagon.

Like she has not thought about Jari until just now.

Regfan has a broader picture of the game and reads on almost every person, she doesn't really.

I think for her it means nothing and I just don't understand Regfans point of attack/view.

16. fontisian

I wonder if would win the game if we just lynched our way through Cobalt's town reads.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I applaud the fact that there is neither an "I", "we" or "town" after the first if.

Adds a lot to the post by removing a single word.

A certain vagueness that makes it feel like a freudian slip.

18. fontisian

I don't think pie is the type of player to chainsaw defend a partner, ever. Reg can correct me if I'm wrong. Hence, she is not likely scum with Jari.

---------- Post automerged at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

If it was a mafia thought, I'd be wondering if we would win by lynching our way through his mafia reads.

(The answer would be yes.)

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Zenzaos question is reasonable if he considers your vote to be on your 2nd highest scumread.

20. fontisian

I think I'm actually townreading Kai off of this. Like, it's absolutely false, but he can't think he's going to mislynch Cobalt, and he knows Cobalt likes to omgus, and I can see the thought process, so it's probably a real read?

---------- Post automerged at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Definitely not aligned with Jari. She wouldn't try to deflect off a partner, then go back and try reexplain her read on her partner without being asked.

---------- Post automerged at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

This is one of the things I originally liked from Q. The self reflection seems genuine, whereas scum!Q seems to have all the answers.

---------- Post automerged at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

I think I trust Reg, but more in listening to his reads way than a ride or die manner. I think pie's advice on watching his activity and involvement as the game goes on will be useful, assuming we're both there, heh.

I'm concerned mostly with the size of my towncircle. I am strongly townreading Von, Cobalt, dC, Miner and Acio. I have lighter townreads on Zen, Pie, Blab, Q, Jan, Reg and Kai, in that order. That just leaves Fable (a strong townread for many, who I have no particular reason to suspect), Waco (who is always null), Stanari, Plotless and Jari. That's all very consensus, and, with such a small group, likely not the full team. Thus, while I want to get the mafia in the group of 5 immediately and use it to solve, I think it's very important to look closer into my townreads. That will be the focus of the rest of my reread.

---------- Post automerged at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

I don't think pie and Reg can be knowingly aligned either, with Reg's first post about waiting for pie and the way they bounced off of each other for much of the early game. That makes Reg clearing pie, imo, a sign that pie is town regardless of Reg's alignment.

---------- Post automerged at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

To clarify the Kai thing, those reads that seem off to me but have a thought process I can follow if I tilt my head happened a lot in the previous game and we're what led me to thinking he was town around Day 2 and 3 (and then maybe not town later, because they diverged from my reads so severely). I think we've drifted apart in how we make reads over time, which is why these things initially feel off to me, but there's still a sense to them.

---------- Post automerged at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

I'm moving Pie to the strong town block, for the reasons given above.

---------- Post automerged at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

I'm going to stop at post 200.