1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    But why does she defend me?

Why does she start, and why does she continue post-Waco? Why does she point the gun towards Waco when asked? Why does she support the Zenzao wagon quickly and in every extension?

There's a certain level of town siding where it becomes stupid for scum to do it that heavily. Make no mistake: most players in this game will lynch fonti in a F3 situation, even with a cop-scan clearing her, we are that paranoid. She's just the wrong person to try to go deep-cover townsiding (which, tbh, is never the right idea anyway).

---------- Post automerged at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Any objections to #hammertime?
    fontisian

---------- Post automerged at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Last will and testament:

Don't lynch fonti (unless it's lylo, in which case follow the rule Miner always quotes).

Don't lynch Cobalt. Not 100% on this one, but pay close attention to the scum nightkills. Cobalt is one of those players who has strong defenders and strong dissenters. Some of those dissenters are bound to be town, so if you see a pattern of anti-lynchers dying, please notice it and draw that connection.

Don't lynch Vaimes (duh).

Don't forget blab.

Don't blindly follow a lynch order on Pie/Regfan. Evaluate each individually and in light of the others flip.

No strong opinions on Miner, Kai, but they're out of my bloc.

dC and Fable are probably town.

---------- Post automerged at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Vote:Jarizok

---------- Post automerged at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Newcomb

Vira

End of day.

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 3.7.

Jari [11]: Miner, Blab, Cobalt, Fable, DC, Reg, Vaimes, Kai, Font, Quiddity, Quiddity.
    Pienyan [1]: Jari.
    Reg [1]: Pienyan.

Not Voting [1]: Stanari.

With 14 votes alive, it will be 8 votes to soft lynch and 11 votes to hard lynch.

Hard lynch has been reached!

Jari clung to the edges of the well. “But I don’t wanna die!”

“Be quiet, scum,” someone said, trying to detach Jari’s fingers. “We need your flip. Guys, help me.”

Two people grabbed Jari’s wrists and his fingers dug into their arms, feet scraping the walls of the well. “You can’t do this!” Jari yelled. “I’m town! Please- don’t…”

They threw him from the edge. Jari disappeared into the darkness screaming, and a splash echoed up. A few seconds later came a voice, “Help.”

“He dead.” The town high-fived each other and wandered back up the path to their houses, dreaming of the good night sleep they know they’ll have.

Guys, I’m still here. I’m town, seriously!

“Such a quiet day,” one said, and everyone nodded their agreement.

Uh, guys, the water’s rising. Guys…?

“You know,” someone said. “How are we going to get Jari’s flip? We kinda kicked him down a well.”

“Meh, he was scum, who cares.”

But little did they know…

Jari was lynched!

He was…

Hello, Jarizok , welcome to RWBY Mafia!

You are Sun Wukong.

Your roguish charm and rugged good looks do a pretty good job of covering up the fact that you have a PREHENSILE MONKEY TAIL. Your life's ambition is to be SHIRTLESS for as long as HUMANLY POSSIBLE. No fan of the White Fang, you'll do whatever it takes to help Blake and her friends RESTORE THE GOOD FAUNUS NAME even though one of your favorite things to do is TAUNT LAW ENFORCEMENT by THROWING BANANAS AT THEM and DEPRIVING COMPANIES OF HARD-EARNED PROFIT by STOWING AWAY ON SHIPS.

You are Vanilla Town.

You have no role other than your voice and your vote.

You win when all the mafia have been eliminated.

It is now Night Three!

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Due to hammer, Night 3 will be slightly abbreviated.

Night 3 ends in ~22 hours

Timer

4. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Zombie filler.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

More like Monkey Filler.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Both of those posts have nothing to do with the puppy that made Newcomb great.

Well less awful at least.

All hail Winnie the Pupp!

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That morning, the town found Quiddity in pieces in the middle of the road. But instead of blood, wires poked out from broken circuitry with tire marks imprinted on his dress.

“The scum are running out of ideas,” someone said.

Someone muttered, “The flavor mod is running out of ideas…”

They ignored them. “We need to combat this threat. If they can kill a robot, they can kill any of us!”

“We’re already lynching people.”

“We need to lynch better. Pyres and wells aren’t working. There has be another way, a method that will definitely kill scum. But what? There has to be…”

“There is.”

Everyone turned.

The most pious of their number* steeped their hands. “The traditional method of killing scum could not work forever. I’ve come up with a better way. Isn’t it said that thou shalt not suffer a witch to live?”

The pious one smiled. It was a terrible thing.

“Do not fear, my children. I will take over.”

To be continued

Quiddity was killed!

He was…

Day Four has started!

*This mafia flavor is protected under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries throughout the world. Country of first publication: Italy. Any unauthorized exhibition, distribution, or copying of this flavor or any part thereof (including dark mental soundtrack) may result in civil liability and criminal prosecution. The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this flavor are fictitious. No identification with actual players (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred except for that one American anime this game is based on that the flavor mod never watched because ew, school settings.

No person or entity associated with this flavor received payment or anything of value, or entered into any agreement, in connection with the depiction of hilarious murder.

Copyright © (2017) (Praise Arceus Productions). All rights reserved.

8. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    "Yeah hi, I'm just going to sit here and do nothing but insist we flashlynch two town players, I'm not doing any gamesolving, everything's totally OK the game is solved you all don't need to think through this either!" Yeah no. This is not town play and it most assuredly isn't town play coming from him. Even if you haven't followed my walls in-depth, Jari flipping town should seriously make this obvious (especially when rounded out by the "o wait, maybe pie is scum TMI'ing about Jari" for after Jari flips town).

Vote: Regfan

This dies. Now.

Also, I'm reversing my read on fonti again. Q was town, and with that plus the knowledge we have from Jari's flip (+ Reg being scum), fonti's D2 play amounted to attempting to derail pretty much every town lynch and place focus on pretty much every scum lynch, even going so far as to point out Reg's push on me being something he'd do as scum. This is simply way too next-level as scum and thus I'm OK placing her as lock-town.

I'm gonna make a post in a little bit summarizing the main points for Reg being scum here, for those who got tired out by all of my wall posts. If you all wanna go ahead and wagon him and save me some effort, though, that'd be more than welcome.

9. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Okay before I do anything else:

Lynch: Miner

I have a few reasons for this (not least of all being Jari's townflip) but the real "smoking gun" is post #1518 where Miner shows up during the period where the Jarizok/Zenzao wagons are neck and neck...and completely ignores everything being said about Zen to put a thinly justified vote on Jari.

Am at work, but more stuff to come.

(PREVIEW EDIT: Not the biggest fan of Reg either, for the record. That should become clear in a moment)

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

Jari being town is giving me some terrible flashbacks to SVM.

And I fucking do not want to sort through this whole Reg/pie mess.
    pienyan

fonti voted you and Jari day 2, (as well as I believe Kai but I don't really recall specifics) so I'm not really seeing this "font did everything to stop town mislynches".

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    okay wow this is even more gross

we need to handle reg/pie at SOME point, I was never arguing we should shelve it permanently. Furthermore, the fact that font at some point cast votes for town is not evidence that font did not attempt to stop town mislynches.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    gdi...

Pyrrha Nikos, Village Gladiator
    Regfan pienyan

I'm saying this once if you guys need to fight to work this out then fine I get that but I still believe you both to be villagers up to this point. If you try to force the rest of us to vote between the two of you I'm targeting Kai or possibly fonti (if I'm feeling brave) and forcing the lynch to be between us. Do not make me resort to this.

13. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Vaimes and fonti are town.

Stanari is town because her mindset surrounding Reg and me yesterday came across as very genuine, I liked that she was actually stopping to question Reg's read on me where she didn't understand it instead of just rolling along with it, and I buy that she had that feeling I was town due to my tone that she didn't want to let go. I probably will still feel this way about this even if Reg is by some miracle town.

Fable is also town, I don't think there's any question there.

{Cobalt, Miner, DC, blab, Kai}

Cobalt's play makes sense as being co-ordinated with Reg, especially the way he agreed with Reg's analysis linking me/Waco from D2 only for Reg to pretty much shit all over me when I pointed out he was doing this. He's also suffered from an extreme lack of content recently, and the stuff about being town if Jari is scum is obviously moot now.

DC's play also makes sense as being coordinated with Reg: Reg makes huge push on me, DC sits there and tries to get it written off as town/town. He also fits the assessment of remaining scum being in the town reads after Reg. (P-edit: Actually maybe ignore this, I need to think a bit more.)

Miner, I mostly just want to pay attention to Jari's read since with that in mind a lot of what Miner has been done has been the one push on Jari all game. I also just don't have any town read on him outside of that.

blab fits the "last scum in town reads" assessment, but I haven't really noticed anything with him besides that. And Kai doesn't really fit into this at all, with the exception of attempting to get me lynched yesterday.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

I question the thinly justified vote onto Jari when a) I'd already been voting him for like the past two dayphases wrt how he played and how he pushed, as well as b) I was basing the vote on Waco/Jari interactions.

And while we're at this whole flip analysis thing, why don't you explain your own vote on Jari? I don't recall you really casing him beyond what was already essentially thread consensus reads.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Are you calling one of them wolves cuz if you are just say it. If not we should not indulge in a fight that is seemingly V/V "cuz we need to" because it could cost us the game.

16. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Fable; I'm not going to *force* a Reg lynch today, even though he is my preferred lynch and I'm def going to try to make it happen. If it doesn't happen I'll find somewhere to compromise.

I wanna talk with you about fonti at some point, but I'm gonna check your posts again first to make sure I'm not going to ask something dumb/answered already.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    A lot of my feelings on fonti did rely on jari being a wolf though so I am pumping the brakes on that read and reevaluating it. Kai still hasn't done jack shit all game though and I kind of need Cobalt and Blab to step it up today too cuz they both seemed a bit too complacent yesterday.

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

???

You're telling me that it's at all +EV to go through another Dayphase of "Hey pie you're scum!" "Your read on me is garbage and I can't believe you right now. I don't want to play with you anymore."

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay so anyway, things of note:
    - I have been paranoid that Reg is pocketing me for a while. This combined with Jari asserting Reg is mislynching him because "he doesn't need to pocket me" and Kai saying in #1162 that Reg is suspect if Jari flips town make me really not like him right now (suspect exactly one of him and Kai are scum, and I actually don't think it's Kai)
    - Main counterpoint is #1551 where Reg seems to seal the Zenzao wagon, but I could buy this as a bus. Especially as Reg delays putting a vote down and then in #1479 puts one down on Jari; this looks like predicting Zen as the ultimate lynch target and hopping on before other people realize it in an attempt to appear to have tipped the balance towards Zen being lynched.

- Cobalt is town or EXTREME ULTRA HARD BUSSING Zen. Given how that went down, I seriously doubt it's the latter.

- I have weird feelings about blab that I can't quite articulate at this point. I don't like #1514 where blab says Jari is probably scum if Zen is. Might be setting up a win/win given who the current wagons are.

- Oh yeah also #963 is a hard defend of Zen by Reg. This makes me suspect even harder that #1551 is a bus.

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

don't be stupid and go off half cocked, thanks.