Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Recycling Bin
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

PatronusCharm Banner

Old 05-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
nonjon
God of Magic

Harry Potter and the Assignment by thesteffis - M

Title: Harry Potter and the Assignment
Author: thesteffis
Rating: M
Genre: General
Pairing: Harry/Gabrielle/Tonks
Summary: [PP3 Challenge]Harry's received a new job. Playing babysitter for the hottest singing star in the wizarding world. Dealing with memories from the war, a growing attraction to Tonks, and an overly affectionate teen diva... it may be too much. HxGxT
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2935596/1/

It's only one short chapter, so probably not enough for most people yet. I'm just so happy to see Steffi writing again that I couldn't wait to plug the lazy bum. Go steffi go!

Checked by Minion, August 12, 2013
Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by Dark Minion; 08-12-2013 at 03:40 PM.
nonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
sirius009
Dark Lord

like the gabrielle pairing, but harry seems like he's being dominated by everyone..

Harry couldn't help it; he busted out laughing. "Oh, you mean Parvati?"

"Yeah, Pervatty! What's that bitch up to?"
sirius009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #3
TheIllusiveOne
Aborted

Quote:
Originally Posted by killginny009
like the gabrielle pairing, but harry seems like he's being dominated by everyone..
Co-sign, I found it annoying that Harry defeated Voldemort yet some girl in his year is giving him Orders. Not to mention the premise of Harry defeating the most feared Dark Lord in hundreds of years, and is now doing bodyguard work. But, at anyrate this guy has proven himself as a good writer in the past, so we'll see.
TheIllusiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:32 PM   #4
Xiph0
Immortal
The Vanguard

Thanks for that, Nonjon, you were right, it was good.

Review:

Quote:
Haha, short, but a very good read.

This is definetly one of those "sit back, kick up your feet, and read" kind of fics; a very rare thing to find.

The gore came across decently enough, but more colorful descriptions might have helped, like with describing the paralysis(?).

The woman/mother's corpse description was probably the most efficiently detailed of the lot, and painted a destinctly cool/horrific mental image.

Good fic, do keep it up, and good luck on finals.

Play CN, for the glory of DLP~
Xiph0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #5
Mrriddler
Death Eater

Location: Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in between...hmm guess I'm not making much sense.
OoooOoo *squeals* This guy rocks. Really the main reason I hate ff.net's policies is cause they screwed over his stories and Master E's stories.

Taure - steffis used to write back inq 2003/2004 I think. I really loved his stories, which included HP and the White Queen and one with Harry/Hogwarts I think. He had some very very original ideas.

This story looks also very promising. I think a few other authors tried to take up this or a similar challenge, but I'm almost positive he'll have some very twists up his sleeve. The writing and descriptions of scenes are also very top notched. Highly recommened. Big props to nonjon for pointing this out. Thank you! Thank you!
Old 05-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
Shuujaku
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrriddler
Taure - steffis used to write back inq 2003/2004 I think. I really loved his stories, which included HP and the White Queen and one with Harry/Hogwarts I think. He had some very very original ideas.
Any place where those are archived?
Shuujaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #7
Taure
God of Magic
~Soap Box~

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
I'm just so happy to see Steffi writing again...
What else have they writen? I looked at their ff.net profile and thats the only thing there...
Taure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:33 PM   #8
Xiph0
Immortal
The Vanguard

Quote:
Any place where those are archived?
I had the same thought, I'll check PP3.

Play CN, for the glory of DLP~
Xiph0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #9
Shuujaku
Third Year

Already looked through PP3 (files section and post search), didn't see them. :/
Shuujaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #10
cmuylistoooo
Second Year

he removed all his files when the harry_narcissa group was removed...
cmuylistoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #11
CGB
Minister of Magic

It's only one Chapter, thus a bit early to judge. But it seems interesting so far. A bit odd with Zabini Harry's boss though.
CGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:45 AM   #12
MysterioX
Order Member

Send a message via MSN to MysterioX
I assure you CGB This story will be great, just like this guys old stories.
MysterioX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #13
BlueMagikMarker
Aborted
Pirate King Yarrgh's First Mate

I liked the interaction between Harry and Zabini, she (it's a she in this fic right?) was being all domineering but secretly pining for him... which I thought was a bit funny. Anyways, there are so many directions that this fic could go, I hope that it ends up being a good one. From what I've seen so far, it looks like it will.
BlueMagikMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:22 AM   #14
razz
Sixth Year

I really enjoyed this! Blaise as Harry's boss didn't phase me at all, the characterisation was done too well ... hilarious.
razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #15
Mrriddler
Death Eater

Location: Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in between...hmm guess I'm not making much sense.
I really doubt thesteffis's writing would disappoint anyone here. The problem is with getting him to update. When he used to write, it was like once every couple of months.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #16
bornagainpenguin
Unspeakable
DLP Archivist

Gone.

The author page on FF.net is also empty, leading me to suspect there will be no more of this one. There are two chapters in the DLP.net archives if anyone wants them. If anyone has the rest of the chapters (were there more than two?) pls PM me so they can be added to the archive and on the HP Recycle Bin.

Thanks.

--bornagainpenguin

Join the Marriage Strike!
Forum|Essay|Backlash!|Truth
The truth about Single in the Suburbs

Men, educate yourself NOW or pay the price!

Have a Virgin Mobile USA smartphone?
Check these guys out!
bornagainpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #17
Blaise
God of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin View Post
Gone.

The author page on FF.net is also empty, leading me to suspect there will be no more of this one. There are two chapters in the DLP.net archives if anyone wants them. If anyone has the rest of the chapters (were there more than two?) pls PM me so they can be added to the archive and on the HP Recycle Bin.

Thanks.

--bornagainpenguin
*Sigh* Sucks. Your sig cheered me up though, Penguin.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #18
Scrittore
Order Member

Alright, so I FINALLY downloaded the archives, giving me the chance to review those stories I couldn't before. This is my first one, and despite being two chapters, I hope is worth it.

Quote:
Their newest assignment is to protect Gabrielle, who at eighteen is now the wizarding world’s hottest singing star, and is being stalked by a dark wizard who has already killed several people in trying to get to her.
What the fuck? Hottest singing star? Stalked by a Dark Wizard?

Ah, so this is a challenge, why would anyone respond to this?

The first part of the first chapter is a lame murder scene that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Quote:
“Ohh… so he starts out with the ex-manager and his last kill was the look-a-like? Now he wants the real thing?”

“That’s what I think. And his timing is perfect. He’s been waiting two weeks between each killing, and in two weeks time, she’s going to be coming to town for an extended vacation – auditioning for her new band or something like that. Mr. Murder will have plenty of time to make his move.” Why oh why, Kingsley thought, do you have to chase her

I seriously have to ask myself as I read on why Harry Potter is even an auror in the first place if he has "scars" left over. Blaise Zabini somehow becomes his superior. Instead of you know, the guy who killed the Dark Lord. Wonder how the interview process went for that one.

Quote:
The red-haired Cannons Keeper bit his tongue again in an attempt to dislodge the apple and gasped in pain. Watching Harry laugh, he realized that magic was at play, and quickly dispelled the charm. He waved his wand under the table and leaned back, about to dispense some sagely advice. “Look. Little Hairy Harry and I are in complete agreement. You need to have sex with her.”
What. The. Fuck. Is. This. Shit.

Quote:
Paul-Henri muttered a quick, “Lady and Gentleman, Gabrielle. Good-bye,” before Apparating out, leaving Harry and Tonks with the irate woman. The angry avian transformed into an obscenely beautiful teenage girl with long silvery hair and crystalline blue eyes, who rather loudly squealed, “HARRY!” and began running full speed toward the Hit Wizard.

Gabrielle approached; Tonks glared; and Harry thought, Shit.

The real fun was just beginning.
Alas no, this is where the "fun" ends as this is all the author posted. Two chapters, abandoned, and such. This fic will get a 2/5 from me, and honestly needs to be taken out of the library.
Scrittore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
Andro
God of Magic

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Thesteffis seems to have been highly regarded, but from these two chapters there appears to be nothing exceptional about his writing or ideas.

Gabrielle being a popstar is just kind of stupid and ill-conceived.
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandoned, author:thesteffis, deleted, harry/gabrielle, harry/tonks