Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > FanFic Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 01-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
Inexistence
Fifth Year

Dung Talk?

I'm writing my fic and I was wondering how everyone would best write Mundungus Fletcher talk. He doesn't seem to talk in full words, trying his best to shorten his sentence as much as possible. Thanks for any help. Also, I need something for Harry to offer Dung to urge him to keep quiet. A certain amount of galleons wouldn't be right, he would probably just tell Dumbledore when he spent it all. Any ideas guys?
Inexistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #2
Forfie
Second Year

Dung's speach seems a little off. It's not full cockney, but he does seem to shorten some words here and there. Then again, the majority or the time we've seen Dung he has been sleeping or hungover, which could explain the words being shortened as a slur. What I would recommend is just the shortening of some words, like moment becomes mo', and the use of some cockney. Here are some sites that have some of the cockney vocab.

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/
http://www.aldertons.com/

Some help Harry could give Dungwould be Informing him that Malfoy had sold some very valuable items to Borgin. Also, if you plan to go the way of the family vault with a lot of money and items, some of the items might be of interest to Dung. Or you can go with the 'Dung remember the ime you allowed the Dementors to almost suck out my cousin and my soul' guilt trip.

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
Confucious

Forfie's Fic
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Forfie is offline   Reply With Quote