Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Restricted Section
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 11-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
Vir
Centauri Ambassador
Prodigium Magus

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Temptation Game by Silens Cursor - M

Title: Temptation Game
Author: Silens Cursor
Rating: NC-17 / M
Genre: Noir / Tragedy
DLP Category: Restricted Section
Pairing: Harry/Su Li, Harry/Hannah, Hannah/Harry/Su Li
Words: 10764
Published: Nov. 10, 2010

Summary: Temptation is a dangerous tool - one Harry Potter knows how to use to maximum effect. A shame unfinished business has to interfere. Oneshot sequel to 'Silence Game', NOT appropriate for younger audiences.

Link:

PatronusCharm
FF.NET

Checked Nov. 12, 2012
Fixed PatronusCharm link

Last edited by Dark Minion; 11-13-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Vir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:17 AM   #2
silverlasso
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Really great all around. The characterizations are superb, and the story itself is extremely engaging. I would post the review I left on FFN, but I didn't copy the text, and since reviews take a while to show up, I'd have to wait until my review emerges from the bowels of FFN. I think I was also embarrassingly effusive in my praise...but yeah, 5/5, debate not necessary.

♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙
♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
silverlasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
The Greek
First Year

I'm a bit confused about the magic that they talk in the end. I assume that's a curse that was on Su to prevent her from talking and it was transferred on Hannah. Anyway it was great! The suspense, the mystery, the characters.
5/5
The Greek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
Rynonis
Second Year

Fucking ill.

Nuff said.
Rynonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Vir
Centauri Ambassador
Prodigium Magus

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I'm confused as to why the the rating on the thread is going down steadily but all of the comments have been 5/5. Anyone who didn't like the story want to chime in?
Vir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
Xenks
First Year

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Honestly I just didn't like it that much. I wasn't aware I needed to chime in when I find Harry to be unbelievable, and don't like him. I just rate it average, because the writing's good, even if I don't like the story, and move on. But my reasoning, summarized: I enjoyed the story an average amount. So I rated it average.
Xenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:48 AM   #7
silverlasso
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
How do you think it compares to Silence Game?

♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙
♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
silverlasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
iLost
Dark Lord

Meh, the only good parts are the sex. Everything else just doesn't do it for me. Harry seems to want to be the good-guy, but his actions paint him otherwise.(All the women his sleeps with.) I'd like to say the author set-up that dichotomy on purpose, but it doesn't seem that way.

There's some good themes running through it, but they lack finesse. Good tries at them, though.

The one character I do like is Su, though that might be the fact she's the stereotypical hot-asian. >.>

4/5.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #9
Dark Syaoran
Level 5
Mental Out

It might be that a few of them haven't read the first story. They may be a little lost and don't really understand what is going on.

In saying that, yeah. Harry is different. Much different than canon. Having read the first installment, even I was a little confused with a few things. I don't know if that is the fault of the author or just that I haven't read the first story in such a long time that I've forgotten things. I probably should have re-read it first before reading this.

The stuff with Luna and mentions of Hermione flew over my head because of this.

The writing is solid and the dialogue good. Harry feels a little cheesy - or sleazy? - but I found it quite amusing. Nice twist at the end when Hannah turned out to be not so innocent and was actually there for a reason - to kill Harry.

I highlighted the Elder Wand stuff in the WbA thread. Does stealing it from under his pillow constitute becoming its Master? If not, Hannah's attempt would have failed regardless - as seen in Deathly Hallows. If so, Su Li is now the master of the Elder Wand. Blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, nice story overall if you can accept a much darker Harry Potter.
Dark Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
deusexinfernus
Muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Syaoran View Post
I highlighted the Elder Wand stuff in the WbA thread. Does stealing it from under his pillow constitute becoming its Master? If not, Hannah's attempt would have failed regardless - as seen in Deathly Hallows. If so, Su Li is now the master of the Elder Wand. Blah, blah, blah.
I'm pretty sure that a character like the Harry portrayed herein would not let any of the Hollows go, like canon Harry; thus he would at that point easily be the Master of Death (as is hinted in the story itself). I can assume that all the rules regarding the acquisition of the Deathstick from a man that possesses only that Hollow are irrelevant when dealing with the Master. Nonetheless, if you remember canon states that the path of the Wand through history is one fraught with assassination and blood; what would be the point of killing the previous owner if you could gain ownership merely by a grab?
Of course, the writer could simply be ignorant or ignoring of that fact, in order to increase the weight of the story.

PS: Apologies for the (admittedly rather mild) Necromancing.
deusexinfernus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:11 AM   #11
Fiat
God of Magic

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusexinfernus View Post
Nonetheless, if you remember canon states that the path of the Wand through history is one fraught with assassination and blood; what would be the point of killing the previous owner if you could gain ownership merely by a grab?
Sorry for necroing but I just noticed this for the first time and thought it should've been addressed.

Grindelwald stole the wand from Gregorgovich. You see it happen in DH. He doesnt't fight him for it or kill him, but simply steals it.
18:39:27 <Proudboar> SATAN, GUIDE MY COCK!11
Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:silens cursor, harry/hannah, harry/su