Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > General Fics
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #5921
redshell
Headmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expelliarmus View Post
If i'm right, the person who has the Marauder's Map is Dumbledore, althought Voldemort knows it (If I remember correctly, Pettigrew saw it in the hands of Remus before fleeing Hogwarts, and it is very possible that Pettigrew tell his Dark Lord).

However, given that Dumbledore believes the only Death Eater free (and has not publicly renounced Voldemort as did those that alluded be controlled by the Imperius Curse, as did Lucius Malfoy and his friends) is Pettigrew, possibly he just perform a spell on the Marauder's Map that will be notified immediately if a particular person appears (Pettigrew) in it, without worrying that appears Barty Crouch Jr (who all believe dead and buried in Azkaban) on it.

However, it is also possible that Voldemort decides to replace the real Barty Crouch Sr (which would be under an Imperius Curse), by his son, and the Marauder's Map recognizes only the identity of the person appearing in it, regardless if this person is senior or junior.
The map only lists the name, it doesn't distinguish between Senior and Junior. I believe there's a scene directly in the book where, several times, Harry sees Barty Crouch in the same room as Alastor Moody.

Speaking of Moody, that means that the map can "see" through magical storage devices.
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 05-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #5922
toosmall
Muggle

I've been puzzling over this for a while and I can't figure it out. Why is Calypso so certain that news of her father spreading throughout Hogwarts won't matter?

Also I'm not sure the timeline of Romulus helping Calypso into the tournament makes much sense. Calypso apparently has to beg her father to accept information from her in exchange for a place in the tournament in late September:

Quote:
“But that doesn't necessarily mean you're working in my best interest,” Calypso said, openly glaring at the man in front of her. “What more do you want, father? What could you possibly ask of me that I haven't already given you? You won. I gave you all the information about Harry that you wanted at the end of September.”

“I was perfectly fine letting you live your life as you saw fit, Calypso.” Romulus pointed out. “I gave you all the leeway you wanted this summer, didn't I? I didn't extort that information from you. If I remember correctly, you practically begged me to accept it.”
However, we know that it was in early September that he ensured his daughter would go with Harry to the tournament.

Quote:
Meet the Competition
Main Hall, Durmstrang, Sept. 3rd

.. snip ..

“Calypso will be a part of the Durmstrang delegation.”

“And why should I do that?” Karkaroff asked, angrily. “Potter coming ensures Krum will be there. Why should I risk damage to my magic just so your daughter can tag along with Potter?”
That Calypso is judged by the Phoenix towards the end of September makes me think that it is then that Calypso sold out Harry for a spot on the delegation. However, the phoenix doesn't actually go completely against her for this betrayal. In part this is likely due to her having sold out Harry only because she wants to be around him so badly. The weird bit is that by this point she already has her spot on the ship... so that has to make the trial a bit wacky too.

It appears to me that the simplest way for the timeline to still make sense would be Calypso not knowing her fathers motivations as well as she thinks she does. When he says he is looking out for her best interests he means it. When he says that he didn't try to extort her he means it. He just didn't want to encourage her in pushing him away by letting her know that directly.

An alternative interpretation is that he put her on the delegation in order to convince jealous students to attack her. Which doesn't really make much sense to me, since I don't see a guy who cares as much about his family as Rosier trying to get his daughter killed. He seems more like the sort of person that kills people who threaten her.

Last edited by toosmall; 05-31-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #5923
Username12
Muggle

How far along are people on this thread? I have not gotten any emails or notifications about any updates past Harry, Nathan and Calypso in the hospital wing where Rita is flying out the window in bug form. Is that where the story is for everyone else?
Old 06-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #5924
klackerz
Minister of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username12 View Post
How far along are people on this thread? I have not gotten any emails or notifications about any updates past Harry, Nathan and Calypso in the hospital wing where Rita is flying out the window in bug form. Is that where the story is for everyone else?

Yes it is.

/
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 06-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #5925
Hw597
Seventh Year

I tried trawling through the billion posts to find the answer for myself but eventually gave up. I was just wondering if there is a post from Santi explaining the delay. I know Taure is planning on finishing the first entire book of Lords before posting again. I just assumed Santi must be doing something similar.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #5926
Innomine
Denarii Host

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via AIM to Innomine Send a message via MSN to Innomine
Quote:
The Santi sent me a message a couple days ago. I'm sure he won't mind me telling you all that he's super busy right now with work, but that he's eager to return to writing ASAP.
So people don't have to go back like I did. :P

THEY FIGHT MEMORY-EATING MOON VAMPIRES. IN FAIRYLAND. ON THE MOON.

Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 06-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #5927
templar627
Muggle

So, then when was that quote posted?
Old 06-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #5928
wolf550e
Death Eater

DLP Supporter Donor Star
On Santi's private forum for betas, he said on 2012-05-17 that he is going to be worked 12+ hour days on a summer internship, but he'll try to get something done by July. Personally, I wouldn't count on it, but we might get surprised.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #5929
pdgrunge
Muggle

Did he told anything about august?
I cant wait to read what rita would write and most of it just might be true.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #5930
wolf550e
Death Eater

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Santi is working on it. It's in revision. Have patience. Don't necro the thread unless you have something useful to say. Leave to "moar!" coments after a chapter is posted, when lots of such comments are posted.

Last edited by Dark Minion; 08-01-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 08-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #5931
Dark Minion

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf550e View Post
Santi is working on it. It's in revision. Have patience. Don't necro the thread unless you have something useful to say. Leave to "moar!" coments after a chapter is posted, when lots of such comments are posted.

To leave nothing else than "moar!" comments might end up badly for your DLP experience even after a chapter is posted. Keep in mind: You need to be a member to access Santi's story thread and read future updates.

As all is said with wolf's post, I lock this thread until Santi posts the next chapter.

Oh, and if you dare to use the story thread to post anything, you'll feel the wrath of - no, not Khan, but Sesc. Again: Keep in mind: You need to be a member to access Santi's story thread and read future updates.

Edit Nov/2012: And this is still the latest. Santi will update when he does. -Sesc
Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #5932
Dark Minion

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Update - Not of the story but of my last post:
  1. The story is labelled as abandoned, because it hasn't been updated for more than 12 months.

2. If you want to take over / continue / basically copypaste this story to post it under your own name, please read this post first: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/sh...496#post277496 That's still the stance of the DLP staff towards "Taking Over" someone else's story.
Closed Thread

Tags
3000 club, 4000 club, 5000 club, author:pureb99, author:the santi