Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Trash Bin
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 08-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
Portus
God of Magic

I should let this thread die; I'll admit I have little to add, and I don't read DM/HG under any circumstances, let alone when I haven't caught up with the WBA here in, oh, a few months. So I'm not piling on - honest. As Vash points out, the OP has weathered the storm better than probably 90 percent of those coming here looking for praise, etc.

Still, I thought this was funny, and I do hope it was intentional --

Quote:
Originally Posted by undsy1525 View Post
Everything is dully noted... I want to improve my story, and I think that this helped.
If so, well played, madam. Well played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undsy1525 View Post
I'm going to keep practicing, and who knows? Maybe in a year or two, I'll knock your socks off, eh?
Don't wait. Post your story (or stories) in the WBA for truly honest critiques and advice. Just, well, don't say we didn't warn you if what you post is more DM/HG or similar. That's pretty much blood in the water or whatever metaphor will spark a mental image of being torn apart by a pack of dingos.

Since you're purported to be a female from Arkansas, let me surmise you're white. Picture, then, you and your bestest friend have gone to L.A. only to get lost and have your truck break down in what's colloquially known in AR as 'the ghetto.' You and she are now surrounded by a dozen or so large, muscular, white-girl-lovin', afro'd black men and their booti-licious, whitey-hating significant others. I hope that gives you a sense of the ramifications, from an Arkansas perspective, of posting DM/HG in the WBA.

Welcome, though. In all seriousness, post your stuff and you'll be improving quicker than you can say 'START THE TRUCK, RHONDA!'

Geminio - Story Showcase - For Review - FF.net - PC

Old 08-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #22
CrackedMind
Death Eater

thumps up for metaphors.

Specifically the dingo one.
Freedom is a word long forgotten, an idea with no following in the world. Deep within the wilds of an undignified wasteland is a boy who dreamed of something bigger. A boy who dreamed of Revolution. AU
Acton's Heir
http://forums.darklordpotter.net/sho...118#post609118
Old 08-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #23
Antivash
Until we meet again...
...Stay gold. Bang.

Send a message via AIM to Antivash
... I ... What did I just read? I don't even... I haven't the faintest idea if that's relevant or not, so I will leave you with something that is both relevant and irrelevant.

Find out how to use a steam sig like this here!
PS: If you PM and ask how to do it, I will ban you. Srsly.
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 08-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #24
Kyouzou
Squib

I may have missed someone pointing this out, but just in case:

Quote:
next morning I apparated into Hogsmeade, near the intersection of Knockturn and Diagon Alley
Unless you intended to use AU, that is completely wrong, Diagon and Knockturn are both in London, where as Hogsmeade is in Scotland, just down the road from Hogwarts. Perhaps you meant the Leaky Cauldron?

Other than that, and some overt punctuation, spelling errors it's not a bad idea, personally I don't really like it, but that's more out of preference than quality. Good luck improving it.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #25
DarthBill

My biggest gripe with this is that anyone could think that Hermione might be willing to date Draco after the events in the last book. They were just on opposite sides of a war. She was tortured in his house. Frankly, I don't really understand why the Malfoys weren't arrested after Voldemort died.

Badges: Electric Grass Normal
Old 08-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #26
Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBill View Post
My biggest gripe with this is that anyone could think that Hermione might be willing to date Draco after the events in the last book. They were just on opposite sides of a war. She was tortured in his house. Frankly, I don't really understand why the Malfoys weren't arrested after Voldemort died.
Probably because Harry's a sissy and stopped him being arrested? According to DD: "He didn't do anything", which is bullshit. He should of been killed for treason (allowing DE's into the school).
Old 08-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #27
Bill Door
Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
He should of been killed for treason (allowing DE's into the school).
Lolwut? Treason is a crime against a country or government, what government was there inside Hogwarts. If anything Harry and co were the ones that committed treason, since they were the ones fighting against the government in DH.

I'm a leaf on the wind,

Watch how I soar.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #28
Portus
God of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Probably because Harry's a sissy and stopped him being arrested? According to DD: "He didn't do anything", which is bullshit. He should of been killed for treason (allowing DE's into the school).
Luckily, you took care of that treasonous bastard.

Geminio - Story Showcase - For Review - FF.net - PC

Old 08-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #29
Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Door View Post
Lolwut? Treason is a crime against a country or government, what government was there inside Hogwarts. If anything Harry and co were the ones that committed treason, since they were the ones fighting against the government in DH.
Still considered treason. He defected to a terrorist group. He went against his own country (the school's included in this). He was planning on killing DD (who is a governmental official). Though the school is still in Scotland, he had the motive of betraying his own country. Therefore treason = death.

And my story is absolute crap, lol. I still have it posted as a reminder to other people that I couldn't write for beans. That might've changed recently, but I don't really have an inclination to write anything.