Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > FanFic Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
Jaydinified
Muggle

Plot Bunny

Hm...This plot bunny has been bouncing around my head for a few days and I figured I may as well ask and see if you guys think it might make an interesting story. Not sure if it's been done before - if it has, I haven't seen it...

What if when Lily's protection on Harry completely vanished (on his 17th birthday), a barrier snapped? The dormant horcrux in Harry becomes active and essentially takes over Harry's brain/body/soul whatever. So, the Voldemort who - in his mind - JUST tried to AK baby Harry is now 17 years in the future. Harry is still there, watching and thinking but unable to do anything. Voldemort has access to Harry's memories and pretends to be him for a while...

I hadn't really thought it past that...What do you think?
Jaydinified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
White Rabbit
Hippity Hoppity

DLP Supporter Donor Star
So Voldemort takes over Harry. Now what? Think a little more, and then come back and edit in more ideas for your story. Right now you have a chapter of around 2,000 words max.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
Tehan

DLP Supporter Donor Star
So... Harry trapped in a corner of his mind, watching horcrux!Voldemort plot to kill everyone he loves, screaming and crying and generally being miserable?

Gee, sounds like fun.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
Sesc
Slytherin at Heart

What the others said.

What you have here is an opening. So what would the story be actually about? What do you want to show with it? Ask yourself that, it's important.

Perhaps Harry fighting against Voldemort in his mind? Harrelmort seeking to join with the real Voldemort, who then engages in narcissistic love complete with hawt buttsecks? Two Voldemorts fighting for dominance, because both don't tolerate anyone besides them, not even themself?

Actually, the last one is an idea I always had after CoS, where Riddle escapes out of the Chamber. We then would actually have two Voldemorts -- the young one, from the diary, and the old, spirit-like, who's possesing people. So what does happen when both meet?

But back to your idea. I always feel, when writing a story, you need a goal to work towards to. Usually, but not neccesarily, that is the ending. I know how my story is going to end when I start writing. Sometimes, that may change (it hasn't happend to me yet, though), but the general idea is to have said goal, anyway.

So what would your story-goal be, supposed that you started writing?

Secrets of the war, a murder and a fatal attraction. And he has to struggle as hard as he ever did, lest that all might prove to be his undoing.

Unatoned, a Harry Potter Noir Story

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey,
Is that true?
Sesc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
yak
God of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesc View Post
We then would actually have two Voldemorts -- the young one, from the diary, and the old, spirit-like, who's possesing people. So what does happen when both meet?
You get Nonjon's A Black Comedy.
yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
Sesc
Slytherin at Heart

O_o Indeed. Potter Law V at its finest.

Take a look at it btw, OP. It'll help you if you really want to write something.

Secrets of the war, a murder and a fatal attraction. And he has to struggle as hard as he ever did, lest that all might prove to be his undoing.

Unatoned, a Harry Potter Noir Story

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey,
Is that true?
Sesc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:20 PM   #7
Tehan

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Hell, Potter Law I kicks in here, considering what you've got sounds like the Amazing Adventures of Voldemort the Younger.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:08 AM   #8
Warlocke
God of Magic

What they said.

Also, but for this specific timing, it's been done before. I have no interest in a story where Harry's character is replaced by Voldemort. Not even for a little bit, because that is angst city and I have better things to do with my time.

"Let me tell you a little something about love, Dennis. It has a voracious appetite. It eats everything- Friendship. Family. It kills me how much it eats. But I'll tell you something else. You feed it right, and it can be a beautiful thing, and that's what we have." - Arnie Cunningham, Christine

STEAM
Warlocke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:54 AM   #9
Wildfeather
God of Magic

Send a message via AIM to Wildfeather Send a message via MSN to Wildfeather Send a message via Yahoo to Wildfeather Send a message via Skype™ to Wildfeather
For a global plot kind of thing, what if Harry could get control sometimes but couldn't say anything or in any way indicate that he was being controlled by Voldemort? Voldemort seems the kind of guy to me, that if victory is assured he'd play around with his enemies. So the global plot would be Harry trying to get people to see if he was possessed. Execution would be tricky, as Harry would have to not have an obvious way of not being able to say something.

Wildfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
Jaydinified
Muggle

Hmm...Well, thanks for the comments. Once I thought it out, it didn't seem quite as intriguing, so....yeah. But thanks.
Jaydinified is offline   Reply With Quote