Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Almost Recommended
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donor Bar
PatronusCharm Banner

Old 11-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
Narf
Administrator
The Sugardaddy of Oz

DLP Supporter Donor Star
A Personal Matter by Orodruin - T - Naruto / Harry Potter

Title: A Personal Matter
Author: Orodruin
Rating: T
Chapters: 26
Words: 168,585
Summary: Two missions with drastic consequences. Worlds connect, destinies unravel, and nothing will ever be the same. HPNTO crossover like you've never seen! Set pre series Harry Potter and Kakashi Gaiden Naruto.
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3777014/1/A_Personal_Matter

The only good Naruto/HP crossover out there. Basically, James picks Kakashi's father to protect Lily (under disguise as James) while he goes on a mission. During this time, he is forced to have sex with Lily, and she conceives Harry with him...

This is set before Halloween 1981, and during the time before/during the 4th Hokage was still alive.

Part 2: Sphere of Influence (complete)
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4313529/...e_of_Influence
DLP-Thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/sh...hlight=4313529

Part 3: Extending the Boundaries (work in progress)
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6534243/...the_Boundaries
DLP-Thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/sh...243#post478267

Checked June 3, 2012

I'm the mother flippin' Rhymenocerous
My beats are fly and the birds are on my back
And I'm horny
I'm horny
If you choose to proceed you will indeed concede
Cos I hit you with my flow
The Wild Rhino Stampede.

Last edited by Dark Minion; 06-03-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Narf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
Slasher
Squib

I feel as though this fanfiction is of average qualitiy. It was intresting enough for me. On top of that the writing style was fine and i failed to spot any major errors.

Although you migh not want to take my word for it as anything remotly intresting can get me to overlook any flaws.

I have yet to read the continuations and i doubt i will as i said it was intresting, but i didn't really like the plot.
Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 01-26-2017, 08:59 PM   #3
CrackedMind
Order Member

I mean, the trouble with reviewing fics from over eight years ago is that they rarely age well. I remember enjoying this story quite a bit when I read it at the time, but I was also 10 when I orginally found it- so my tastes have changed dramatically, and Im not as forgiving as I was back then.

I think after a certain point it doesnt really make sense to review stories like this, because there's really little that can be said at this point about a story that ended three years ago.
Freedom is a word long forgotten, an idea with no following in the world. Deep within the wilds of an undignified wasteland is a boy who dreamed of something bigger. A boy who dreamed of Revolution. AU
Acton's Heir
http://forums.darklordpotter.net/sho...118#post609118
CrackedMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:08 AM   #4
Slasher
Squib

Sorry i was just looking at stories that needed attention and paid no mind to the date. In the future i'll make sure not to make the same mistake.
Yeah it was kind of a epic fail on my part to not notice the date
Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #5
Genghiz Khan
Auror

Cheers, mate, brought it to my notice. I'd never read it before. It's a good story, the technical writing's average, the plot-y stuff is dated, and Kakashi and Minato's dynamic was a wtf thing for me, but it's well-written overall. Guilty-pleasure level. The characterizations are good, and the story does seem to flow. The bad is the atrocious length of Kakashi being a brat. More good than bad, despite being dated.
The pen and sword will lie again at our feet.
Genghiz Khan is online now   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 01-27-2017, 01:16 PM   #6
CheddarTrek
Set Phasers to Melt

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghiz Khan View Post
Cheers, mate, brought it to my notice. I'd never read it before. It's a good story, the technical writing's average, the plot-y stuff is dated, and Kakashi and Minato's dynamic was a wtf thing for me, but it's well-written overall. Guilty-pleasure level. The characterizations are good, and the story does seem to flow. The bad is the atrocious length of Kakashi being a brat. More good than bad, despite being dated.
The best one of the bunch is probably the third one, but it's the one that isn't complete yet. In the first one Harry himself is too young to be much of a protagonist and the story is carried by events and characters around him. The second one takes place mostly in the HPverse and while it's good I feel that the story was strangled a bit by the limited setting of Hogwarts.

The third one though has a Sp.Jonin Harry with a student dealing with magic in Konoha, and I can't wait to see where it goes. It's the best bits of the first two stories together, imo.

Necro reviews in library threads, even really old library threads, are fine. But make sure you leave a specific, decent review. Not a review that could be copy/pasted into any thread because it's so generic and doesn't mention anything about the story other than that you liked it or didn't like it. So Slasher... do better next time, but don't be scared to necro a library thread if you have something substantial to say.
Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
~Jean-Luc Picard

CheddarTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 01-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #7
CrackedMind
Order Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarTrek View Post
Good stuff
I try not to call out necros, because activity on the forum is always good- I just feel like there's been a lot of posts in really old story threads recently that amount to "I didnt like it". Not that Slasher's post was really like that, I just feel like no one's really commented on that recent trend.
Freedom is a word long forgotten, an idea with no following in the world. Deep within the wilds of an undignified wasteland is a boy who dreamed of something bigger. A boy who dreamed of Revolution. AU
Acton's Heir
http://forums.darklordpotter.net/sho...118#post609118
CrackedMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 01-27-2017, 02:27 PM   #8
CheddarTrek
Set Phasers to Melt

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedMind View Post
I try not to call out necros, because activity on the forum is always good- I just feel like there's been a lot of posts in really old story threads recently that amount to "I didnt like it". Not that Slasher's post was really like that, I just feel like no one's really commented on that recent trend.
Some of it is happening behind the scenes.
Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
~Jean-Luc Picard

CheddarTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up

Tags
author: orodruin, harry potter, naruto