Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Other Fandoms > Recycling Bin
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 11-23-2008, 04:58 AM   #1
Aerin
Seventh Year

Soul Of The Seal: The Ninja Adventures by MrDust

Title: Soul Of The Seal: The Ninja Adventures
Author: MrDust
Rating: T
Summary: EpFic1 The same village, the same life, but having one foxy friend will make all the diffrence. Please review, it's the whole point.
Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4090674/...nja_Adventures

Now, this may not seem like much and you may be put off at first glance, but it is really an excellent fanfic. Very heavy with the theory and so far, is a fairly original Naruto. I give this five severed thumbs up!

Nine chapters so far, 184,870 words. Definitely a fic to check out.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
Chime
God of Magic

First chapter is simply painful to read. Cliche 'abused' Naruto and saviour fem!Kyuubi. Honestly, no one has to teach a (developmentally normal) kid how to speak their native language. Yeah, a kid not exposed to language won't learn it, but Naruto's surrounded by adults, he's not chained to a room. Made me blarrgh.

But trying to give this story a chance, I skipped down past the unreadable blargh...

The rest of the story is passable, so far as I've read to Chapter 2. It doesn't really do anything for me, but the writing isn't cringe-worthy like the first few thousand words of the first chapter. It's hard to like the story though, with 'perfectly innocent' Naruto, 'benevolent and sexy' Kyuubi, 'blind and slow' Sarutobi, and 'lol we hate you' villagers as the characters.

2.5~/5

You know the writer's retarded though when he does shit like this:

Quote:
"Um, search for what?" Asked assistant1.

"Yes, that is an enormous volume of information. What are we looking for Hokage-sama?" Asked assistant2.
Boy3 and Boy2 also frequent the chapter. It's stuff like this that makes my head hurt. This isn't Doctor Seuss.

Last edited by Chime; 11-23-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Chime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
ZeroTheDestroyer
Minister of Magic

Its a good fic if your preference is FemKyubi and if your into that kind of stuff, which most anime freaks are including myself, but it lacks a lot of psychological melodrama.

3/5 for femKyubi though, but thats getting overrated and I am a bit tired of it after seeing like 1000! of them.

You want to see A REAL FEMKYUBI! Read CAGED FOX
fucken crazy bitch is trying to eat Naruto from the inside out.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
Aerin
Seventh Year

I honestly quite enjoyed this.

Perhaps it's the fact there aren't that many great fanfictions for Naruto that I enjoy, but between this, Team 8, Next and...another one, this is really all that's keeping me interested.

The psychological ramifications come later in the story and fortunately from what I can see, it won't be a Sakura pairing.

It may seem like Naruto is over-powered, but I think MrDust is doing it in such a way as to understate it all.

It can seem a bit angsty at times, not denying that.

I loved the Chatora scene though. *Snicker*

Regards
A
Old 11-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
Ksai
Second Year

This fic failed at everything...

Abusive villagers... Check!
Unjustified bashing of main characters... Check!
Fem!Kyuubi who acts like your average teen girl instead of a malevolent entity... Check!
Transcript manga/anime with adding some power to Naruto without changing any major events... Check!

There is enough of shit like that at ff.net.

Reading this fic is a waste of time tbh.
Ksai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
Kensington
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via AIM to Kensington
I'm adding nothing constructive to this post. The title just prompted me to add in a warning:

LOOSE SEAL!

(Watch out Buster!)

HIVE TULLY
SWARM. ANNIHILATION. TROUT.
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
Kthr
Minister of Magic

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheDestroyer View Post
You want to see A REAL FEMKYUBI! Read CAGED FOX
fucken crazy bitch is trying to eat Naruto from the inside out.
I must say: Your comment made me more likely to read that fic than the one Aerin presents on this thread.

I'll refrain from giving any rating to this fic till I have time to check it out this week.

edit: Alright: I'll give 1.5/ 5 to soul of the seal. Even thought the author can write better than the usual fan-girl fics, the idea of a misunderstood kyuubi attacking konoha by mistake/sent bye people or god himself just suck ass. Kyuubi is a demon. End of story.

and what the hell is wrong with everyone and nicknames? Cant they get anything better than kit/pup/cub on these freaking fics anymore?

And caged fox isnt all that good either =D Until now all that you can see is kyuubi/hinata trying to have their wicked way with poor naruto.(not to mention he should be what, 12 at the time?) and the timeline is just way too messed up: one sec hinata leaves to go to the chunnin exam, then the other day shes back and the hokage is dead. 1/5

Last edited by Kthr; 11-25-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Kthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #8
Synchro
Death Eater

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I gave up this fic after the total ludicrousness that was the bell test. And of course we absolutely have to have Anko - the psycho bitch, being all round bad ass psycho, chasing Kakashi around as though he's a school kid. Really, Kakashi vs Anko is a no-brainer, Anko'd get pummeled. Fics where Anko is shown like this irritate me to no end. And as far as I've seen, there are nearly no fics around that show her realistically.

Bunch of cliches, canon events rehashed with a stronger Kyuubi!Naruto...if the writing was not as good as it is I'd have given this a 2, but as it is I'll give it a 3/5.

Last edited by Synchro; 11-24-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Synchro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #9
Cxjenious
Dark Lord

I... I... I can't even read it. The writing is okay, but it's by far the most unoriginal story I've read since that "Take Control "Harry Potter bull. It's a very rigid retelling of canon with a marginally different Naruto and an utterly unbelievable Kyuubi. This much I know from rougly skimming three chapters.

1/5. I really don't like this fic.
Cxjenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:26 AM   #10
Kensington
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via AIM to Kensington
Alright, I'm actually reviewing this for real now.

I'm a neophyte to Naruto fanfiction, so the cliches didn't bother me too much here, nor did the characterizations. Although waffy Kyuubi makes no sense what-so-ever, I can live with it. As long as I suspend my disbelief.

What does get to me - is the pacing of the story. FFS - we spend so much damn time just going through the Genin bell test. I just - see no plausible conclusion to this story at the pace its being written. Unless this is when of those freakish stories that exceed 1,000,000 words.

3/5 from me.

It's really not that bad (although I did enjoy H/G when I first started reading HP fanfics)

HIVE TULLY
SWARM. ANNIHILATION. TROUT.
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #11
Janus
Professor

This story started out acceptable idly-passing-the-time reading material, enough so that I was following along when it updated.

It has rapidly degraded. The Wave Arc may now add another fic to its graveyard of suck.
Clearly they know nothing of Pride.
---
1.74×10^172
Jansviper 10 kyu

Janus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naruto